Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Just seen the pics from when he let the kids into his house.  :aww:

I'm a bit annoyed with his performances at the moment, but i can never be mad at him because he's such a wonderful human being.

Which is rare in football these days, i tip my hat off to him. :thup:

can you do that ? i know you can tip your hat to someone, you can take your hat off to someone..............but can you tip your hat off to someone ?

probabaly why hat wearing is dying off IMO. too many top hats getting caught between tipping and being took off.

HE obv. needs supported movements, our team looks so static these first games it's a joke. I mean, they're talking about long balls-Sam, but holy shit, Pards doesn't seem any better atm. And it can't really only be that we're relying upon Cabaye to make those passes for the fluidity of the team to work.

IF we ever get a working 4231 or whatever formation, with movement, I'm pretty sure he'll put that ball in the back of the net.

can you do that ? i know you can tip your hat to someone, you can take your hat off to someone..............but can you tip your hat off to someone ?

probabaly why hat wearing is dying off IMO. too many top hats getting caught between tipping and being took off.

:lol:

For me he either plays in a 442 or a advanced 433 or not at all. He's no good up top on his own, it's got to stop.

would be very good up top on his own if he got support, thats whats lacking, no one else in the team at present has "gettin gin the box" as part of their natural game. including gouffran when he's not playing up top himself.

For me he either plays in a 442 or a advanced 433 or not at all. He's no good up top on his own, it's got to stop.

would be very good up top on his own if he got support, thats whats lacking, no one else in the team at present has "gettin gin the box" as part of their natural game. including gouffran when he's not playing up top himself.

He doesn't have the first touch, physical presence, pace, aerial ability or control to be effective up top by himself, not unless you've got two forwards working right behind him and willing to get infront of him at every opportunity, hence the advance 433 comment. If only he had one stand out ability I mentioned he'd be effective even in our current plight not relying on others to bring him in to the game. He's an all rounder with a poachers game, everything about him screams don't let him be the 1 in any formation.

Problem then if we get Gomis is I think Gomis & Remy will make a better partnership in a 442.

He doesn't have the first touch, physical presence, pace, aerial ability or control to be effective up top by himself, not unless you've got two forwards working right behind him and willing to get infront of him at every opportunity, hence the advance 433 comment. If only he had one stand out ability I mentioned he'd be effective even in our current plight not relying on others to bring him in to the game. He's an all rounder with a poachers game, everything about him screams don't let him be the 1 in any formation.

Problem then if we get Gomis is I think Gomis & Remy will make a better partnership in a 442.

i think we have confused "up top", i mean in the box for which he has everything, just needs a little space that would be created by the oppo defenders having more than just him to think about.

What about doffing?

i think we have confused "up top", i mean in the box for which he has everything, just needs a little space that would be created by the oppo defenders having more than just him to think about.

This. We never see our midfielders run into the box.

Similar to Andy Cole in that respect, it doesn't make him a bad player, just means if he is going to be your main striker you have to deliver some service.

Cisse's very easy to get frustrated with but incredibly difficult to dislike, especially with this latest story with the BBQ at his.

Real feel he's totally unsuited to the role Pardew is making him play and until there's someone in the side who can win flick-ons (if we continue to go direct from Colo and Krul) or we play on the deck with another striker with movement, he'll continue to struggle.

Guest bimpy474

Get him the right tactics, in the right formation he'll score loads. Needs to sort his own first touch and awareness out but that comes when you're playing well and scoring.

So catch 22, doesn't bode well when Pardew is the man trying to work out the rubik cube.

It's a little blasphemous imo to compare Cisse to Andy Cole. I do think Andy Cole would struggle a little in this era but his touch in the box was superb. A better finisher than Cisse. Also stronger and more powerful in tight pockets to get himself a yard of space.

Cole is a far better finisher than Cisse and created more himself ,would not struggle in the modern game imho as he is fast as fuck and would make defences lives a misery.

It's a little blasphemous imo to compare Cisse to Andy Cole. I do think Andy Cole would struggle a little in this era but his touch in the box was superb. A better finisher than Cisse. Also stronger and more powerful in tight pockets to get himself a yard of space.

I didn't say they were mirror images, but for comparison sake there are similarities. Both are poachers and require good service from their team mates.

Guest bimpy474

Cole had a massive advantage of a team playing for him, and one Peter Beardsley next to him.

God, that was a good time  :smitten:

Cole had a massive advantage of a team playing for him, and one Peter Beardsley next to him.

Not to mention Scott Sellars on the left. Now that's what you call quality delivery.

Guest bimpy474

Not to mention Scott Sellars on the left. Now that's what you call quality delivery.

Football felt better then, more fun like :(

Scott Sellars, jeez KK knew when to time the buying of a player.