Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

With him in the team we're playing with 10 men atm, needs to be dropped.

Cisse isn't the problem, the style of play and ultra negative tactics is.

Honestly there's a massive problem if you are Pardew and you prefer Shola to a £10m striker with a fantastic goalscoring record.

Wasn't suggesting Shola really, just need to drop the idea of having 2 up front, we are short of players yeah

The thing is, when Shola has played this season he's looked no worse than the £10million striker.

He did today, he offered absolutely nothing when he came out for the 2nd half other than a few headers which had no direction and a shot which went to the keeper at about the same pace as Shola would have if he'd tried to dribble the ball to the keeper.

What's to validate? It's entirely true.

It might be, but if you are going to lump the ball high and long to the forward, then definitely Shola will look the better player. Does that make him a better player?

Ba and Cisse should be fighting it out for a starting spot at the spearhead of a front 3.  Perhaps filling in on the left now and again.

It's absolutely absurd that we didn't invest in a left-sided forward in the summer, it's annoying me more every time I think about it.  Pig sick of this attitude where we leave ourselves short unless we can get someone for at least £2m below market value.

Ba's rather selfish attitude and shit stirring entourage have to be balanced with what he brings to us, which is a lot as he's by miles our best striker.

Real headache for Pardew and it might not be a disaster for us long term, if one is sacrificed in January.

I'd get rid of Ba at this point, if I knew all the money would be re-invested.  Would be preferable if he went to a foreign side too, as I've no doubt he'll score goals wherever he is.  Pardew's not going to grow any balls here and it's really hurting the side.

I know the idea sounds ridiculous but I don't see how this is going to work out.  Plus as much as I like him, he seems like trouble in a sense.

Ba's rather selfish attitude and shit stirring entourage have to be balanced with what he brings to us, which is a lot as he's by miles our best striker.

Real headache for Pardew and it might not be a disaster for us long term, if one is sacrificed in January.

It's annoying that this issue wasn't tackled in the summer. There were some warning signs at the end of last season that Cisse and Ba weren't a great combination, but our best use of resources was for Cisse to lead the line, and Ba to withdraw into a wider and deeper position in a 4-3-3.

Ba made it clear he didn't like it and Pardew's response of promising him a role down the centre was not clever. I don't care if Ba is our best all-round striker, it's about what's the best combination for the team. Ba should have been told to lump it or leave. Cisse has been undermined and that carefree confidence isn't there any more. We seem to be batting between all sorts of different attacking combinations, none of which look convincing.

:lol: Aye I would, Dave.  Because I don't think he's as suited to playing central in a 433 as Cisse is, you're always hearing shit about him leaving, I'm not happy with the way he kicked off about being made to play on the left and I think we need to invest some money in a Ben Arfa for the other side.

I'm aware that it sounds ridiculous to want to get rid of Ba but it would also sound ridiculous to want to get rid of Cisse.  At the moment, with our manager's limitations both tactically and in terms of courage and man management, I think we should flog one of them as long as we bring a good winger-forward in.  I just can't see the current situation getting any better.

I probably agree with that Interpolic but it would have to be on the basis that we got a good left sided attacker and I'm not confident we'd do that in January, where Cisse aside, we rarely make any effective signings.

:lol: Aye I would, Dave.  Because I don't think he's as suited to playing central in a 433 as Cisse is, you're always hearing shit about him leaving, I'm not happy with the way he kicked off about being made to play on the left and I think we need to invest some money in a Ben Arfa for the other side.

I'm aware that it sounds ridiculous to want to get rid of Ba but it would also sound ridiculous to want to get rid of Cisse.  At the moment, with our manager's limitations both tactically and in terms of courage and man management, I think we should flog one of them as long as we bring a good winger-forward in.  I just can't see the current situation getting any better.

Nah it's fair enough. I said earlier in the season that I didn't think there was a problem with them as a partnership if we were making better chances. Well it's not getting any better, and if the main reason for that is Ba's reluctance to play on the left then it's not good and something Pardew needs to bite the bullet on.

It's a fucking ludicrous situation if you've got a player saying "play me in this position or I'll leave." Unless Ba is willing to be flexible then it would be the better of the club if we moved him on.

Yeah, I've no faith that we'd replace them quickly and adequately.

The likely scenario would be selling Ba in January and not replacing till the summer.

Nah it's fair enough. I said earlier in the season that I didn't think there was a problem with them as a partnership if we were making better chances. Well it's not getting any better, and if the main reason for that is Ba's reluctance to play on the left then it's not good and something Pardew needs to bite the bullet on.

I'd rather Pardew just got the bullet. It's not that I dislike him, I'm quite fond of the bloke actually, but I don't want to lose good players because they don't fit into his prehistoric football philosophy.

Yeah, I've no faith that we'd replace them quickly and adequately.

The likely scenario would be selling Ba in January and not replacing till the summer.

Imagine that man, Shola and Cisse to see us battle on 3 fronts :anguish:

(Shola might be away in January n all)

It's a f***ing ludicrous situation if you've got a player saying "play me in this position or I'll leave." Unless Ba is willing to be flexible then it would be the better of the club if we moved him on.

first of all there's no evidence that Ba has given the manager a ultimatum.  Not sure why people are so keen on seeing him play outwide considering he is the only striker upfront thats actually scoring goals with limited chances.

Yeah, I'm just basing that on the common report that Ba was happy out wide. In fairness, he had a face like a slapped arse every time he was accommodated for Cisse.