Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

People re-write history quite a bit, Ba was a top striker but not condusive to overall beautiful play. If people were asked to recall our best period last season (in terms of enjoyment and excitement of games) it would be the Feb-April period with the 4-2-3-1. We accumulated alot of points at the start but it was not free-flowing. To say Ba was greedy is a weird one to me, as most of the time he was playing alone upfront or with Shola...he was a better target man than Cisse but Cisse in theory should suit our style more now. Kinda pivots on Yo Cabs' form for me. Dat pass vs Stoke at home last season for Cisse...

Looking forward to when he hits a couple of goals a game for two or three games, and we can stop talking about whether he's doing enough.

Theres no doubt the goals'll come again when the team are more free flowing.

Just hope he gets a few between now and end of season. We NEED them. We're still in the sh*t

Ba played wide left for 5-6 games last season not half a season... his form at end of last season had f*ck all to do with playing wide left.

His form was down to physically and mentally struggling due to AFCON and playing a lot and after the penalty miss against Sunderland which seemed to effect him a lot.

If you look back a lot of African players struggled for form after AFCON last season through out the PL, Cisse was one of the few exemptions.

Cisse struggled for a lot of this season for well documented reasons but i believe his form has picked up in last 6-7 games.

His general play has improved a lot compared to rest of season but his finishing has been poor but at least he's getting into positions now.

I would rather strikers get into positions and miss than never get into positions to begin with.

Anyway i'm quite confident his form will pick up again, he isn't the 13 in 14 striker he was when he arrived but he's much better than this too....

His record for Senegal is 11 in 22 and his record in Germany was 37 in 65.... with records like that it suggests he's not a bad striker but just being misused ( for majority of season) and out of form as far as his finishing goes.

I've probably been a little bit overly harsh on Cisse after that Spurs game. In hindsight, and having seen a couple of replays, the header from the Colo cross wasn't exactly a sitter. Still believe he should have at least hit the target, and in the context of other big misses recently I was annoyed at that attempt, but it would have been a fantastic finish had he scored.

After some reflection, I think I'm more annoyed by that run on the break with Sissoko, where he basically got in Moussa's way instead of using the space to their left to create space for both of them (dragging one or two defenders wide) and give Sissoko an option other than dribbling into the pack. Seemed to me like he was just running towards goal in a straight line unintelligently regardless of where Sissoko was obviously going. What's the point of staying within a few yards of the man dribbling with the ball when there's lots of space to the side?

I genuinely hope he gets a few goals soon, as his confidence seems absolutely shot and it's affecting his decision making and ability to finish. He's the main striker now, and if we want to pull away from the relegation scrap and move up the table, a large responsibility now lies at his feet to create and score the goals that win us matches.

I've probably been a little bit overly harsh on Cisse after that Spurs game. In hindsight, and having seen a couple of replays, the header from the Colo cross wasn't exactly a sitter. Still believe he should have at least hit the target, and in the context of other big misses recently I was annoyed at that attempt, but it would have been a fantastic finish had he scored.

After some reflection, I think I'm more annoyed by that run on the break with Sissoko, where he basically got in Moussa's way instead of using the space to their left to create space for both of them (dragging one or two defenders wide) and give Sissoko an option other than dribbling into the pack. Seemed to me like he was just running towards goal in a straight line unintelligently regardless of where Sissoko was obviously going. What's the point of staying within a few yards of the man dribbling with the ball when there's lots of space to the side?

I genuinely hope he gets a few goals soon, as his confidence seems absolutely shot and it's affecting his decision making and ability to finish. He's the main striker now, and if we want to pull away from the relegation scrap and move up the table, a large responsibility now lies at his feet to create and score the goals that win us matches.

Definitely agree with that, especially on the Sissoko break away which is unusual for him he usually is good at making space for himself and others.

I was chucking my remote at the tv when that happened it really pissed me off, but i do feel the header was a difficult one.

The thing with Cisse is he tries to find the corner almost all the time, its good when it comes off but when it doesn't he looks like a mug.

Perhaps its true he should have focused on hitting the target but that isn't Cisse and i don't think it ever will be he tried to hit the corner of the net and failed.

Oh well we move on, hopefully he can get himself a goal or two against Southampton.

This.

I think it was a misunderstanding. Think cisse tried to run cross sissoko and make space on the left where sissoko were heading...and cisse to drag some defenders with him.

Makes sense...looked silly though. Notning more....only their second game together. Cisse makes  fine runs in generel.

Looking forward to when he hits a couple of goals a game for two or three games, and we can stop talking about whether he's doing enough.

Couldn't have put it much better. Gouffran and Cissoko look like they've got goals in them as well, so that will take the pressure off a bit.

Definitely agree with that, especially on the Sissoko break away which is unusual for him he usually is good at making space for himself and others.

I was chucking my remote at the tv when that happened it really p*ssed me off, but i do feel the header was a difficult one.

The thing with Cisse is he tries to find the corner almost all the time, its good when it comes off but when it doesn't he looks like a mug.

Perhaps its true he should have focused on hitting the target but that isn't Cisse and i don't think it ever will be he tried to hit the corner of the net and failed.

Oh well we move on, hopefully he can get himself a goal or two against Southampton.

Cisse tried to hit the far corner, its exactly what you should be doing in that sort of angle. He just didn't execute it right and he missed the goal completely.  I don't worry about him, I worry that in an entire 90 minute match he was given 1 driven angled cross in which he had to dive backwards and head the ball across the face of goal to try and score. We don't create enough chances for him, thats still the problem here. We were so lucky that last season the 1 or 2 chances he'd get in a single match he'd just absolutely finish it better than anyone could in the world. You think of those goals man - Villa home, West Brom away (the falling over, chip over the keeper first time), Chelsea away (the first) - trap/take a touch wack into the corner.

I get frustrated with him a lot too as he sometimes shoots too early when he has a moment. But like many have said above - I can't wait for him to bang a few in so we can shut this up. I hope its against Mentalist and then carries forward into the PL.