Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Really don't understand why any one would have such a vendetta against Cisse. The man is basically dragging us to safety by the balls. He's the last player who deserves criticism in my opinion.

I can definitely understand some frustration at a few of the chances missed and offside but he has also done more enough.

He's the sort of player who will score a quality goal every other game getting us the points we desperately need and you still feel a little disappointed, which is ridiculous :lol:

Really don't understand why any one would have such a vendetta against Cisse. The man is basically dragging us to safety by the balls. He's the last player who deserves criticism in my opinion.

I can definitely understand some frustration at a few of the chances missed and offside but he has also done more enough.

He's the sort of player who will score a quality goal every other game getting us the points we desperately need and you still feel a little disappointed, which is ridiculous :lol:

Most strikers will have frustrating moments in front of goal though. A 1 in 2 striker is far more than we deserve right now but some people really don't seem to appreciate it :lol:

he's a pure poacher but in terms of link-up , movement and running off the ball he's clearly poor , nowhere near a top 10 team's main striker .

..seems to be the point where opinion divides.

I thought it was significant how poorly he performed when played out wide. For sure that's not his best position, but he couldn't run with the ball, and he couldn't keep it when put under pressure near the touchline. His poor touch on the ball really got exposed.

As a striker he concentrates on finding space between defenders and hitting the ball early when it comes through to him. It's a bit hit and miss, but when he's on target he has the advantage of an early strike.

That's fine as far as it goes, but is that enough for a club of our ambition to be building the team around for the future? I don't think so.

Let's just wait a few years and see how Cissé is one of the best striker of PL , Newcastle is strange place , Jenas and Dyer were compared to Keane an Viera when they played for NUFC .

Finishing 3rd and 4th and qualifying for CL football while they were our central midfield duo probably got a few people over enthusiastic about their abilities, success tends to go to some fans heads.

he's a pure poacher but in terms of link-up , movement and running off the ball he's clearly poor , nowhere near a top 10 team's main striker .

I thought it was significant how poorly he performed when played out wide. For sure that's not his best position, but he couldn't run with the ball, and he couldn't keep it when put under pressure near the touchline. His poor touch on the ball really got exposed.

As a striker he concentrates on finding space between defenders and hitting the ball early when it comes through to him. It's a bit hit and miss, but when he's on target he has the advantage of an early strike.

That's fine as far as it goes, but is that enough for a club of our ambition to be building the team around for the future? I don't think so.

:lol: We shouldn't build a team around Cisse, no, but he should be our main striker, yes.

Seriously wish this season would end and Pardew would fuck off so we can cut this out. No doubt at all that in a decent side the bloke will be absolutely lethal.

Where do you think we'd be without Cisse's goals out of interest? Let's say we had a big target man who won the ball in the air and gave the opposition centre halves a good tussle. When the ball dropped into an empty space who would be raiding in to pinch the goals? Jonas? Cabaye racing in from his own half perhaps? Or maybe he'd be scoring so many goals heading in direct from set pieces we wouldn't need goals from open play?

Let's have your theory, I'm all ears. Oh and btw, I'll tell you where I think we'd be without Cisse's goals this season. Already relegated.

I think I might have read a comparison to Jenas and Viera at some point tbh :lol: probably when he was a mega young, quite gangly, Nottingham Forest Captain who was about to join Newcastle.

Not sure how Dyer was ever the Roy Keane though :lol:

I think he's a poacher who ATM for whatever reason is fluffing up his bread and butter easy chances. It's actually his work rate (not always associated with that role) that's kept him amongst the goals and at a respectable level.

He needs to start tucking away easy chances at a more frequent rate and again IMO he needs a partner to help create space, feed off and buzz around taking the responsibility off his shoulders, which atm he carriers it all in the box. He looks lonely up there at times, Cabaye should be further forward, he misses hba, but overall a partner is what he really needs.

No doubt the false position crew will tell me I'm wrong about his role as a poacher, but this what he feels like to me, certainly not a man you want leading the front line by himself, he's just not strong enough or carries enough threat with his feet to do that.

No doubt the false position crew will tell me I'm wrong about his role as a poacher, but this what he feels like to me, certainly not a man you want leading the front line by himself, he's just not strong enough or carries enough threat with his feet to do that.

I think the key is how deep the whole team is general, he didn't seem to have a problem when he basically had two wide players either side of him and Cabaye supplying him with good service.

Now with Ben Arfa hardly playing and when he does he's basically on the half way line and Cabaye basically next to Taylor he doesn't get many chances.

Cisse's problem is the same as the rest of the team, everyone is far too deep and players like Cisse are isolated.

The whole team needs to push up 5-10 yards IMO.

I think the key is how deep the whole team is general, he didn't seem to have a problem when he basically had two wide players either side of him and Cabaye supplying him with good service.

Now with Ben Arfa hardly playing and when he does he's basically on the half way line and Cabaye basically next to Taylor he doesn't get many chances.

Cisse's problem is the same as the rest of the team, everyone is far too deep and players like Cisse are isolated.

The whole team needs to push up 5-10 yards IMO.

Can't argue with any of that, very strange decision to sit Cabaye so deep considering hba has been out. I'm sure Pardew was dazzled (like a lot on here) with Sissoko's early form, his ability to link up to attack and thought he'd stumbled across a winning formula. But teams get wise, Pardew tries the same tricks and now sissoko looks a broken player just being told to run like forest gump.

I am still not convinced that Cisse misses that many more chances than most strikers to be honest.

Annoys the fuck out of me wen he tries to dink it over the keeper instead of just finishing in a more effective manner.

Benfica away against the post (2nd half) should have been buried.

v WBA last week onto the roof of the net.

Deplorable attempts at making himself look clever at the teams expense.

I am still not convinced that Cisse misses that many more chances than most strikers to be honest.

Annoys the fuck out of me wen he tries to dink it over the keeper instead of just finishing in a more effective manner.

Benfica away against the post (2nd half) should have been buried.

v WBA last week onto the roof of the net.

Deplorable attempts at making himself look clever at the teams expense.

These are split decisions he's getting wrong but don't think it's to boost his ego though, just generally isn't doing the right thing at the right time.