Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest icemanblue

I'd like him to stay, but €18m would be too good to turn down.

Why? In what way is that an amount we simply couldn't say no to? He cost more than half of that.

We sold Andy Carroll for £35m. That was too good to turn down, man.

genuine question, where would we have finished last season if Chelsea had signed Cisse instead of Ba, and Ba stayed?

Probably a couple of places higher, but that's not really the point.

Also, Chelsea would have done much better as well.

That's a good point!!

genuine question, where would we have finished last season if Chelsea had signed Cisse instead of Ba, and Ba stayed?

Not sure how you can claim something so factual from an alternative reality scenario, especially considering Cisse's form this season past. I don't subscribe to this notion that the other players and Pardew failed Cisse any more than he failed them at all.

Why? In what way is that an amount we simply couldn't say no to? He cost more than half of that.

This. We'd be daft as fuck selling Cissé now IMO. Every day that would go by with having Shola as our only striker would be a fucking nightmare.

Not sure how you can claim something so factual from an alternative reality scenario, especially considering Cisse's form this season past. I don't subscribe to this notion that the other players and Pardew failed Cisse any more than he failed them at all.

Whey I'm not claiming it's factual, I'm speculating as I was asked by the question. Obviously it's impossible to tell...  I just think in Chelsea's team Cisse would score loads.

Guest Roger Kint

Whey I'm not claiming it's factual, I'm speculating as I was asked by the question. Obviously it's impossible to tell...  I just think in Chelsea's team Cisse would score loads.

Ba scored 1/2 in 11+ league games didnt he? Hardly a stretch to say Cisse would have done better considering he suits their football more imo

Guest SweMatt

This. We'd be daft as f*** selling Cissé now IMO. Every day that would go by with having Shola as our only striker would be a f***ing nightmare.

Obviously, we shouldn't sell him without having at least two replacements lined up. But for €18m, we should be able to get players just as good or better. IMO, Cisse over achieved the first season and was terribly poor this season.

£35m for Carroll was just ... well, insanity.

If I could finance two quality strikers for €18m, then I would sell Cisse. 

Guest Roger Kint

This. We'd be daft as f*** selling Cissé now IMO. Every day that would go by with having Shola as our only striker would be a f***ing nightmare.

Obviously, we shouldn't sell him without having at least two replacements lined up. But for €18m, we should be able to get players just as good or better. IMO, Cisse over achieved the first season and was terribly poor this season.

£35m for Carroll was just ... well, insanity.

If I could finance two quality strikers for €18m, then I would sell Cisse. 

Which two do you think you can get with £15m that are both better? Baring in mind the extra wages of two players instead of one?

Guest SweMatt

Auba and Bony should be around the £10m each, so we'd have to add a few pounds, but still within being reasonable.  :)

Now, I haven't seen them play a lot but their track record is just as good as Cisse's when he joined us.

This season, Cisse was not nearly a £15m player. I can't believe how many games I watched him being absolutely useless. Offsides, poor decisions and lack of confidence. I just can't see him going back to his previous form, and we really should be able to get a better player for that kind of money.

Currently we need two more strikers. If Cisse goes that's 3. In that scenario £20m isn't really too good to turn down at all.

Depends on whether we persist with a lone forward and what our plans for Campbell are next season. One new first team forward to challenge Cisse may be sufficient if we only want to play one up top (would require bringing in at least one winger for the left) and we see Campbell as fourth choice behind Cisse, new guy and Gouffran. Discounting Shola as an option obviously.

Auba and Bony should be around the £10m each, so we'd have to add a few pounds, but still within being reasonable.  :)

Now, I haven't seen them play a lot but their track record is just as good as Cisse's when he joined us.

This season, Cisse was not nearly a £15m player. I can't believe how many games I watched him being absolutely useless. Offsides, poor decisions and lack of confidence. I just can't see him going back to his previous form, and we really should be able to get a better player for that kind of money.

This is a completely baffling point of view TBH. If we're going to assume that nobody who had a bad season this year can improve then we may as well sell everyone.

This is a completely baffling point of view TBH. If we're going to assume that nobody who had a bad season this year can improve then we may as well sell everyone.

Exactly. Far too many itching to sell our players when really we only need a few additions on top of what we already have.

Guest SweMatt

I can see a lot of players doing a lot better next season. Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, S Taylor and Marveaux just to name a few. I don't think Cisse, Jonas or Shola will improve though.