Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Even IF we did sell him for above 20 and we DID buy 2 strikers of genuine quality then we would still lack depth.

Which is my problem with all of this, why can't we buy two strikers and not sell him? why do we have to sell to finance new signings all the bloody time.

Cause the people who run the club have zero ambition. 

Not good enough to be the main striker with shite service, I quite agree.

Same service as ba in more games.

Ba's all about turning scrap into goals and he's far better at it than Cisse. Cisse will get more goals with good service.

is the correct answer. Let's get another striker through the door before selling one of our only goalscorers. If anything we need wide players who can contribute some goals as well not fucking Jonas or Obertan, who apart from providing zero service, shoot like water pistols as well.

Not good enough to be the main striker with s**** service, I quite agree.

Same service as ba in more games.

Ba's all about turning scrap into goals and he's far better at it than Cisse. Cisse will get more goals with good service.

is the correct answer. Let's get another striker through the door before selling one of our only goalscorers. If anything we need wide players who can contribute some goals as well not f***ing Jonas or Obertan, who apart from providing zero service, shoot like water pistols as well.

Agree. The horrible inconvenient truth is that we've got most of the tools to use him well already. Gouffran providing the space like Ba did for him at the tail end of 2011-2012, Ben Arfa and Marveaux on the wings dragging full backs all over the place and forcing midfielders to press and create space and Cabaye NOT TIOTE playing the final balls from the middle of the park.

I hate supporting Newcastle right now, in the Nolan/Carroll Hughton era, we played to our strengths and we gave good teams lots of problems. We played to our potential and if we got beat it was because we weren't good enough. Now we get beat all the time because Pardew isn't good enough. If we have to have Alan Pardew for the next 7 years, then sell Cisse now for any profit in the hope we get Carroll back. Because this is the only way we're going to win with him at the helm.

Guest SweMatt

Auba and Bony should be around the £10m each, so we'd have to add a few pounds, but still within being reasonable.  :)

Now, I haven't seen them play a lot but their track record is just as good as Cisse's when he joined us.

This season, Cisse was not nearly a £15m player. I can't believe how many games I watched him being absolutely useless. Offsides, poor decisions and lack of confidence. I just can't see him going back to his previous form, and we really should be able to get a better player for that kind of money.

This is a completely baffling point of view TBH. If we're going to assume that nobody who had a bad season this year can improve then we may as well sell everyone.

I can see a lot of players doing a lot better next season. Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, S Taylor and Marveaux just to name a few. I don't think Cisse, Jonas or Shola will improve though.

I just don't see any reason to put Cisse in that category at all. He's clearly an absolute top goalscorer and has shown it throughout his career.

We're lucky to have him TBH, I just want to get the team functioning better and watch him score the goals.

I hope you are right. Eight goals and only three (!) assists last Premiership season in 36 games says something else. Obviously I hope that I am wrong in terms of next season.  :)

Yeah he scored 8 league goals in 36 games last season.  While he scored 50 goals in the 79 league games he played (Bundesliga and Premier League) before last season.  Which one would you say is the odd one out and which one is more suggestive of its true ability?

Again, I hope I am wrong. I watched every single game this season (just like the season before that) and I think his lack of other vital skills brings the whole team down. When he is out of form as a poacher he is useless. Unfortunately, we had to play him anyway since we didn't buy backup for him (I am not even counting Shola as a decent replacement).

We need three good strikers in the squad. If we keep Cisse I would very much like to see a pacey striker/winger and one physically strong centre forward as well. That would give us competition and different options depending on who we are playing.

Guest neesy111

I'd rather sign a replacement if we are going to consider selling him, like a decent sized / well ran club would do.

Can't believe some are saying sell him without a seconds thought - sell our only real recognised forward.

As it stands we have him and Adam Campbell, a rookie. We need strikers in regardless wether Cisse goes or not - and as I said before I would not trust Ashley one bit to get in adequate replacements. To sell him now would be utter lunacy.

Give Cisse good service and he'll score bag fulls, convinced of it. Can't just suggest get rid after one struggle of a season - he's always played on his own up front and basically feeds off scraps every game.

Can't believe some are saying sell him without a seconds thought - sell our only real recognised forward.

As it stands we have him and Adam Campbell, a rookie. We need strikers in regardless wether Cisse goes or not - and as I said before I would not trust Ashley one bit to get in adequate replacements. To sell him now would be utter lunacy.

Give Cisse good service and he'll score bag fulls, convinced of it. Can't just suggest get rid after one struggle of a season - he's always played on his own up front and basically feeds off scraps every game.

Agree with the gist (want to keep him ideally, at least until we have a replacement plus an extra first team striker sorted), and I understand why you didn't include Shola in our forward options, but you must have forgotten about Gouffran if you think it's only him and Campbell?

Agree with the gist (want to keep him ideally, at least until we have a replacement plus an extra first team striker sorted), and I understand why you didn't include Shola in our forward options, but you must have forgotten about Gouffran if you think it's only him and Campbell?

Think it's more to do with the fact Gouffran isn't an out and out striker, like a Cisse. Played mainly on the left/right for us.

20 mil is a hell of a lot aye, but it's only good if we plan to use it on good replacements, which would likely see us have to deviate from our policy slightly. That alone should make fans paranoid.

An entirely predictable scenario would see us sell Cisse, struggle to land our primary targets and then panic as the window closes. Lets just save the hassle and keep / add to the ones we have. 

And agreed about Gouffran, didnt include him in the striker list as I don't think he's an out and out forward.