Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Wonder if he'd been better off saying regardless of religion he just had a moral issue with Wonga. I would be sympathetic to that

people would say  "barclays have done far worse, are you saying you have to leave the premier league ?"

As usual, nothing from the club ever since this whole thing began. They are shockingly bad at PR. They took forever to announce Kinnear and even then barely explained anything at all. No comment from Pardew for weeks, this thing with Cisse going on for ages now in the press and they can't even be arsed to launch the kit etc.

As usual, nothing from the club ever since this whole thing began. They are shockingly bad at PR. They took forever to announce Kinnear and even then barely explained anything at all. No comment from Pardew for weeks, this thing with Cisse going on for ages now in the press and they can't even be arsed to launch the kit etc.

lucky i'm old, thats the way it was always done (and should be imo).

Wonder if he'd been better off saying regardless of religion he just had a moral issue with Wonga. I would be sympathetic to that

More sympathetic maybe but with the same end result. He'd still be in a no win situation where he would end up leaving. He won't wear the sponsor (which is in all players contracts that they have to wear it) so he leaves. The 'Charity' or 'No Sponsor' idea is a total none starter for all the reasons given in The Mag article on the previous page.

Imo the whole refusal to wear the shirt sounds like an excuse that is being used by a player that may be looking for a way out of the club. Similar to when nzogbia refused to play for us again because he was so 'offended' when JFK got his name wrong. I am sure we could simply give him a plain strip without the wonga label and the situation would be resolved, there has to be more to it than the sponser.

More sympathetic maybe but with the same end result. He'd still be in a no win situation where he would end up leaving. He won't wear the sponsor (which is in all players contracts that they have to wear it) so he leaves. The 'Charity' or 'No Sponsor' idea is a total none starter for all the reasons given in The Mag article on the previous page.

or a win win depending on what he wants.

Have to say, it's really weird that people are jumping to the conclusion that he has any other agenda than just not wanting to wear the shirt.

just seems a lame thing to take a stand on given he's been ok with it in the past.

Have to say, it's really weird that people are jumping to the conclusion that he has any other agenda than just not wanting to wear the shirt.

just seems a lame thing to take a stand on given he's been ok with it in the past.

I think we need to realise that Wonga are a lot worse than Virgin Money.

and barclays ?

Seems like something that could have been resolved a long time ago which makes me personally believe something fishy is going on. Whether that be Cisse wants away or the people at the club want to cash in on him and replace with cheaper alternative.

Either way just thinking about this shit pisses me off. It's one thing after another with this club. (might be getting a little wound up due to the heat :))

Wonga are at least more directly harmful, albeit haven't crashed the whole financial system etc...

they are upfront, barclays wear a mask and have more effect that has repurcussions for everyone, ALL OF US, not just those who bank with them.

and barclays ?

Obviously big banks have done more widespread damage than Wonga ever could, but you know that people's moral systems don't always work like that. I mean, we were raging about Wonga but I can't remember many posts saying we shouldn't be in a league sponsored by Barclays.

Anyway, you could argue that he's not endorsing Barclays by playing in the PL... it's a much more indirect link.

I just don't see any evidence from the guy and how he's been that suggest he would be making this up to force an exit.

and barclays ?

Obviously big banks have done more widespread damage than Wonga ever could, but you know that people's moral systems don't always work like that. I mean, we were raging about Wonga but I can't remember many posts saying we shouldn't be in a league sponsored by Barclays.

Anyway, you could argue that he's not endorsing Barclays by playing in the PL... it's a much more indirect link.

I just don't see any evidence from the guy and how he's been that suggest he would be making this up to force an exit.

i did, i brought it up straight away. i just think people only see the problem because of the position we were in. had we been top 3 and recently broke the world transfer record with the money bot all would have been said.

as for endorsing barclays, all he's doing is wearing a badge on the top he gets paid for wearing, just like the wonga one.

My bank charges six quid a day if you are overdrawn regardless of the amount you are overdrawn, people who are overdrawn are normally in the soup financially.

Im sure most banks do the same which makes them worse than the short term loan companies imo.

He was great when he first arrived and although not so good last season his goals kept us up. Seems he wants away and using Wonga as an excuse.

I'm sick of reading this shit.  it's exactly that... baseless bullshit