Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I thought up front was the one area we looked a bit short today. I can't remember any of our forwards having a genuine chance, and there was one Remy cross in the first half that was just begging for a striker to be attacking it.

I thought up front was the one area we looked a bit short today. I can't remember any of our forwards having a genuine chance, and there was one Remy cross in the first half that was just begging for a striker to be attacking it.

Yeah i know what you mean, can't totally blame the red card for this as it was seemingly the case prior to the red as well however once Mbiwa did go, it was always going to be a case of chasing shadows for Ben Arfa that moment onwards and just hope to counter well, which in fairness, we did very well at. I think the biggest chance went begging when Tiote never had the vision to wait about a second longer for Ben Arfa on the overlap to slide him in, he opted to have a strike and scuffed it. Obviously Remy had two brilliant breaks but great last ditch tackles have to be applauded.

Yeah i know what you mean, can't totally blame the red card for this as it was seemingly the case prior to the red as well however once Mbiwa did go, it was always going to be a case of chasing shadows for Ben Arfa that moment onwards and just hope to counter well, which in fairness, we did very well at. I think the biggest chance went begging when Tiote never had the vision to wait about a second longer for Ben Arfa on the overlap to slide him in, he opted to have a strike and scuffed it. Obviously Remy had two brilliant breaks but great last ditch tackles have to be applauded.

Think Tiote just got excited tbh.

Guest icemanblue

Would play him against the mackems. Think it would be perfect for him to score.

Drop who? Hatem?

Gouffran. Bring him on if Cisse looks poor again.

Why change what appears to be working quite well for now?

Guest neesy111

Drop who? Hatem?

No thanks, one of the reasons we looked strong on the right side v Liverpool was because of Gouffrans work ethic which Debuchy benefited from.

Drop who? Hatem?

Seems a touch unfair, but can see the argument for it.

Might be academical anyway; I'd be staggered if the Gouff has enough time to get his breath back for the mackems the way he looked at the final whistle. :D

Drop who? Hatem?

Just thought that we lacked something with Ben Arfa down the middle of the front 3. Felt like he needed someone else ahead of him to play in rather than he be the last man. I would be equally happy switching Remy with Ben Arfa and leaving Gouff in tbh.

Guest icemanblue

Drop who? Hatem?

Just thought that we lacked something with Ben Arfa down the middle of the front 3. Felt like he needed someone else ahead of him to play in rather than he be the last man. I would be equally happy switching Remy with Ben Arfa and leaving Gouff in tbh.

I know where you're coming from, but Remy and Gouff had excellent games in terms of protecting their fullbacks. We benefitted from that massively. If anyone is to drop out, for me, it's Hatem. However, I think he'll give us more than Cisse is at the minute, and will be a fantastic outlet on the break.

Guest neesy111

Drop who? Hatem?

I know where you're coming from, but Remy and Gouff had excellent games in terms of protecting their fullbacks. We benefitted from that massively. If anyone is to drop out, for me, it's Hatem. However, I think he'll give us more than Cisse is at the minute, and will be a fantastic outlet on the break.

:thup:

I understand what Gouff brings in cover for the full back, but I'd still be tempted to go with him centrally with Remy left and Ben Arfa right of him. I think that has everybody in their natural positions, and might mean Debuchy should show more constraint going forward, but all in all I think that would see us better off. I find it quite strange that Gouffran has been given the nod ahead of Cisse twice in a row, and is yet to play centrally, which is arguably his best position and also suits Remy and Ben Arfa better.

I understand what Gouff brings in cover for the full back, but I'd still be tempted to go with him centrally with Remy left and Ben Arfa right of him. I think that has everybody in their natural positions, and might mean Debuchy should show more constraint going forward, but all in all I think that would see us better off. I find it quite strange that Gouffran has been given the nod ahead of Cisse twice in a row, and is yet to play centrally, which is arguably his best position and also suits Remy and Ben Arfa better.

Would agree with you here. Ben Arfa isn't a centre forward and Gouffran played up front for Bordeaux.

The issue is teams have highlighted teh Debuchy/HBA combo as a defensive weakness. Both go walkies. Debuchy in particular just needs to concentrate on defending for awhile and being solid. So I understand why Gouff plays there.

I would also like to see Gouff through the middle. He deserves a go.

Debuchy and Santon's positioning has been more to do with how we look to set up, in my opinion. Of course, they are attacking full backs but Pardew seems to be trying to find a balance with an 'offensive look', fiddling with the midfield while the FBs are told to get up high. Recent games suggest he may have learnt his lesson, however.

Hatem was was doing well defensively until he was made the focal point of the team, I have faith he and Debuchy could work together. Gouff deserves his run though, hopefully HBA's taking notes.