Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

They should try to flog him to Qatar then.

They could try but then De Jong then has to accept his career is over then at the age of 23 and simply topping up his retirement fund :lol:

Think he probably still has more ambition for himself tbh  :)

Well we'll see but we've seen this situation with the current owner a hundred times before, i.e. taking the idea of getting good value to extremes and going without when the selling club doesn't buckle, leaving the squad short for half a season.  I suppose we're 7 points from safety with no desire to qualify for Europe, mind.

Well we'll see but we've seen this situation with the current owner a hundred times before, i.e. taking the idea of getting good value to extremes and going without when the selling club doesn't buckle, leaving the squad short for half a season.  I suppose we're 7 points from safety with no desire to qualify for Europe, mind.

That's it. Whilst 6/7 million may not be such a bad opening bid objectively, there is absolutely no chance that BMG will take such a big hit on him, hence it's no surprise negotiations have hit an impasse. Of course, that is exactly what JFK and Ashley want: make the club look busy in the transfer market, pretending to be working on deals they know are never going to come off, and saying there was no value in the transfer market when the window closes, so we'll stick with Shola some more and probably offer him a contract extension. We've been brainwashed into thinking we can't afford to splash out the going rate no matter how badly we need the investment.

He has to stay I would rather have an out of form Cisse than no fker at all and as I have zero faith they can replace him in a few weeks we cannot let him go.

Remy already looks like his mind is elsewhere so letting Cisse go would be crazy.

How much would you pay for De Jong? No PL experience and out of form and favour with his current club? They paid around 12 million for him, I think 7 million is a fair bid.

I think all of those reasons are why we want a loan deal first, try before you buy

Guest Roger Kint

How much would you pay for De Jong? No PL experience and out of form and favour with his current club? They paid around 12 million for him, I think 7 million is a fair bid.

If we offered that up front yes, a loan/future fee though probably not as he will have done well for us in the next 5 months to buy him in that case. They would no doubt want to get more in that scenario if that makes sense? :lol:

If we offered that up front yes, a loan/future fee though probably not as he will have done well for us in the next 5 months to buy him in that case. They would no doubt want to get more in that scenario if that makes sense? :lol:

Aye, without a doubt. Doesn't help we probably already feel we are being priced out of a move for Remy just because he had a good couple of month and now being touted up to 15 million by their club.

I don't know where the 7 million has come from, as that article mentions a 1 million loan fee with an option to buy for 6 million (may or may not include the loan fee). Either way, at the risk of sounding like Dave, a 6/7 million fee is not a lot of money nowadays for a promising 23 year old striker. Seeing as his current club paid double that less than two years ago, and we are proposing a deal that sees them lose out massively and places all the risk on them if he gets injured/doesn't hit the ground running I think the chances of such a deal happening are slim to none.

Wonder if we'll ever see another striker hit the ground running in the way that he did. It was so exciting.

Forgetting about the wondergoals, you've just got to look at goals like in the Liverpool home game. He wouldn't score goals like that these days, particularly the second one, which was all about composure.

Wonder if we'll ever see another striker hit the ground running in the way that he did. It was so exciting.

Forgetting about the wondergoals, you've just got to look at goals like in the Liverpool home game. He wouldn't score goals like that these days, particularly the second one, which was all about composure.

Yeah, I agree. At the time it was mental, everything he hit seemed to go in.

As you said, both the goals against Liverpool, the diving header, directed perfectly, and the composure to stick Reina and Skrtel (I think) on the ground before rolling it in seems like a lifetime ago.

At the time it was almost as if we'd signed a world beater, looking back now makes you wonder...

Villa (H) - sliced it

Norwich (H) - shinned it

Chelsea (A, 1st goal) - poor first touch

Chelsea (A, 2nd goal) - tried a return pass to Shola

Swansea (A, 2nd goal) - scuffed it

:lol:

Chelski and Swansea away were amazing goals. Makes you wonder if they were a fluke.

By Chelsea I thought he was capable of anything - and amazing happened. Twice.

But for me it was the Swansea game. He hit one of them like a golf shot, the other almost as good. At that point £10m looked an absolute bargain. But at the back of my mind, I kind of suspected it was too good to be true to keep up. And of course it was but the fall has been dramatic to say the least

Fair point but how many chances did he miss when the flag stayed down?

He doesn't offer enough else to the team like some other strikers do, and as a goalscorer he needs to score goals and he isn't.

Tbf to Cisse, last season he had several goals incorrectly ruled out. He could have been a lot closer to 20 had those really marginal decisions gone his way.

I hate this shit.

:lol: I'm not absolving him of poor performances. Purely in terms of his goal record, though, it's lower than it rightfully should be.

Tbf to Cisse, last season he had several goals incorrectly ruled out. He could have been a lot closer to 20 had those really marginal decisions gone his way.

I hate this s***.

:lol: I'm not absolving him of poor performances. Purely in terms of his goal record, though, it's lower than it rightfully should be.

He had offside goals wrongly allowed too. As you would expect from a player of his nature. But some people always forget those.