Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse's scored 22 goals in 55 games in the Prem since arriving.

Long has scored 19 goals in 81 games in Prem for West Brom.

Massive difference really. Especially when you consider Long had previous experience with Reading in the league.

Not bothered about him leaving as long as we replace him with someone who is at least a threat. My opinion of him as a football went down very quickly, his decline has been shocking and I think change is best for both parties now. Shame.

Cisse's scored 22 goals in 55 games in the Prem since arriving.

Long has scored 19 goals in 81 games in Prem for West Brom.

Massive difference really. Especially when you consider Long had previous experience with Reading in the league.

Nobody thinks Long's a good player because of his strike rate though. He's often been used a substitute too.

60 starts out of the 81...i know he's not known for his goalscoring, i just think he's overrated on this board. He's average, he'll work hard for the team, has pace and will chip in with a few goals. Around 6 million pound for him? Not for me, I'd take Cisse everytime.

Guest bimpy474

He's average, he'll work hard for the team, has pace and will chip in with a few goals. Around 6 million pound for him?

You've just described Craig Bellamy before he signed for us

As much as he was a gobshite i used to love watching Bellamy play for us.

He's average, he'll work hard for the team, has pace and will chip in with a few goals. Around 6 million pound for him?

I was never a Bellamy fan, even back when he played for us. However i can't deny what a huge impact he had on us, was a perfect fold for Shearer. Saying this Long is nowhere near as good as Bellamy.

I was never a Bellamy fan, even back when he played for us. However i can't deny what a huge impact he had on us, was a perfect fold for Shearer. Saying this Long is nowhere near as good as Bellamy.

How could you not be a Bellamy fan?

He transformed our team from mid-table to one of the best in the country. Best signing we've made in the past 15 years.

Bellamy and Dyer in 2001/02  :smitten:

I was never a Bellamy fan, even back when he played for us.

:lol: FFS

Key differences.....

1. Bellamy was 22 when he signed for us and Long is 27.

2. Long has never been the all round player Bellamy was.

Another reason why goals is such an important point is we don't have Shearer to score 20+ without blinking anymore, so its much more important to score  at least double figures now than it was then. ( not to mention the midfield shits all over the current one)

Long is an average mid table player, which is why he's gone to Hull. If you want to improve above 8th place you don't buy players from the bottom half.

What the fuck? How could you not like Bellamy? :lol: I'd have him back here even now with his legs long gone. Love the mouthy little cunt.

How could you not be a Bellamy fan?

He transformed our team from mid-table to one of the best in the country. Best signing we've made in the past 15 years.

Bellamy and Dyer in 2001/02  :smitten:

Don't get me wrong i appreciated what a huge player he was in our side and how much he aided Shearer. I was just never fan of his overall ability. He used to miss chance and chance, his finishing really pissed me off but the amount of goals Shearer scored on the back of Bellamy's pace was brilliant. Was an excellent partnership.

What mainly got me more was the fact I loved Robert the most in our side whilst my mate I went with hated Robert but then Bellamy was he favourite. So we used to always wind each other up over Robert/Bellamy. Fantastic side, great memories.

What the fuck? How could you not like Bellamy? :lol: I'd have him back here even now with his legs long gone. Love the mouthy little cunt.

:thup:

And the fact at Ewood Park he walked past the Newcastle fans in his cocky manner then kissed the Blackburn badge at us. c***. I was never his biggest fan but appreciated what he had done here then he does stuff like that which make me think he's an even bigger c*** than i first thought.