Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Well if 'everyone' is getting a fresh start, would be even crazier to let him go, especially without a replacement confirmed. He's obviously been hit and miss since he's been here, but he's a goalscorer - even in a side that doesn't create many chances.

Yep - want to see him with a proper coach.

Isn't suited to play alone up front as he can't hold the ball up.

If we go one up front he will struggle.

He best parts of his career have been him playing upfront by himself, he just needs bodies around him.

Not in a possession based system.

If we get Mitrovic then I won't mind so much if Cisse goes. But he is a proven goal scorer in the premier whereas Mitrovic is an unknown. Seeing as Ashley himself has said we are flush with cash we should really just keep both.

If we get Mitrovic then I won't mind so much if Cisse goes. But he is a proven goal scorer in the premier whereas Mitrovic is an unknown. Seeing as Ashley himself has said we are flush with cash we should really just keep both.

Why even use those Ashley quotes man? :lol:

according to McClaren

He was a little more forthcoming on Papiss Cissé, a striker widely expected to depart Tyneside this summer. “He got 11 goals in 22 games last year, 11 goals in 11 starts and 11 substitute appearances,” said McClaren. “So I think we’ve all got to thank Papiss and his goals for Newcastle still being in the Premier League. Papiss is infectious around the place, smiling every day. He’s here – and that’s it at the moment.”

It's nice to see him acknowledge Cisse's record is not as bad as people seem to think. I hope he stays

If we sign Mitrovic and Austin then it would be ok to sell him.

If we sign only one of Mitrovic and Austin then we need to keep him.

Makes more sense to only sign one of Mitrovic and Austin, keep Cisse and spend more money on defenders.

Simples.

If we sign Mitrovic then we have a really impressive looking forward line on paper. Cisse is twice the striker Austin is in my opinion, he's had one poor season in the past 5 or 6 and that was down entirely to poor management and his confidence being destroyed. Spending £15m on Austin and letting Cisse go for probably less that half of that seems a bit mental.