Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

My feeling is that he'll be infuriatingly dogshit and we'll be all be begging for Perez to play up top after ten minutes of the West Ham game.

Same here, Perez should start anyways tbh

Aye, will be interesting to see what we go with. Ball is in Cisse's court if he wants to fight for his future he has three games to do it. Still rather have Perez starting all three.

My feeling is that he'll be infuriatingly dogshit and we'll be all be begging for Perez to play up top after ten minutes of the West Ham game.

Perez isn't a main striker and never will be. He's lost when he's up top. Cisse at least guarantees you goals.

Perez isn't a main striker and never will be. He's lost when he's up top. Cisse at least guarantees you goals.

This. He might be eventually but too weak now. You want him on the ball facing goal. Cisse's crap too as a lone man but he's more likely to score. He can't offer anything else anyway.

This. He might be eventually but too weak now. You want him on the ball facing goal. Cisse's crap too as a lone man but he's more likely to score. He can't offer anything else anyway.

He was lost up top under the agricultural stewardship of Pardew and Carver. Playing with Thauvin & Wijnaldum behind him, plus maybe De Jong in the hole it would be very different imo.

Our best form last year came with Perez upfront, it's the only time we actually looked good. He doesn't look lost at all, and as for being too weak, he's stronger than Cisse is :lol:

Did it?  Could've sworn he was a substitute.

Him up top also coincided with our worst run in form. More to do with Carver but it felt like a waste for him. He needs to be facing goal.

Our best form last year came with Perez upfront, it's the only time we actually looked good. He doesn't look lost at all, and as for being too weak, he's stronger than Cisse is :lol:

Him up top also coincided with our worst run in form. More to do with Carver but it felt like a waste for him. He needs to be facing goal.

Eh? Carver hardly ever played him up top, he was desperate to get Cisse and Riviere together

We look awful with Cisse up top, his goalscoring isn't really as impressive as its made out to be. Squanders a lot of chances

Eh? Carver hardly ever played him up top, he was desperate to get Cisse and Riviere together

We look awful with Cisse up top, his goalscoring isn't really as impressive as its made out to be. Squanders a lot of chances

Why's his goalscoring less impressive because he misses chances? :lol:

Mmmm.

He started up front on his own against Chelsea and was replaced by Cisse in about the 55th Minute when the score was 0-0.

Cisse bagged a brace and we won 2-1.

Perez is excellent but isn't a lone striker, he's an attacking midfielder.

Cisse was pretty good against Southampton on the opening day, got a goal and his build up play in the second half was very good particularly in the build up to the second goal. At home against teams similar to us or worse he's still our best bet imo

• 2 weeks later...

"He's not going anywhere. I came here and there was a lot of debate and talk about Papiss coming or going and whether he would be staying," said the former England manager.

"I said to [managing director] Lee Charnley, if you look at his record it's fantastic. Eleven goals in 22 games was fantastic and, to be perfectly honest, he was the one who was missed when the team weren't winning those games.

"He's a threat. He's a goalscorer. When you've got Papiss in the team you always have a chance of winning games, and I think that's what he did last season.

"I think Newcastle have a better chance of winning with Papiss in the team. He played the first two games and not the last two, but we hope he comes back ready to prove a point."

- SMC