Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Unless he turns it around by managing to knock a few goals in in the next few games.  He can fuck right off.  On last night's showing, I think I'd genuinely have Gouffran starting over him.  Absolutely pathetic from him.  Never ready for the ball, didn't chase anything down, first touch worse than usual and just looked disinterested all night.

I know we're short of options, but how he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me.

Hang on a second. Only a few weeks ago the majority on here were dead set against selling him (and replacing with Austin or AN Other) as Papiss Cisse supposedly was our only dependable source for goals, despite the fact that he only managed an average of 7 PL goals per season over the past three seasons whilst adding absolutely nothing positive to our general play. This season he has bundled another goal in and so is still averaging what he has done in his time here bar the first six months. What has changed for people to suddenly be so vitriolic? His style has always been languish and seemingly disinterested, his first touch has always been rubbish and his hold up play has always been non-existent. Yesterday evening was nothing new really; it's what I've been witnessing for the past few years and I would go as far as to say if Mitrovic doesn't sort himself out real soon we are in serious trouble again this season.

I've never seen it that bad.  He's always had a s*** first touch, snatched at chances from improbable angles/distances and been offside about 5-6 times a game.  But last night, he was visibly disinterested and didn't even react to anything.  I think Cisse from last year, would have reacted to some of the deflections in the box.  Every time it broke to him or came through to him, it was like he was a second or two too slow to react and just totally unaware of what was going on around him. 

Final straw was near the end.  When in fairness to our merry team of useless f***ers.  Most of them were actually chasing the ball and pressing.  Cisse was just stood up top, barely even walking about.  Now if he'd been working like a dog all game, then fair enough.  But I'm not sure he even broke into a sprint last night.

Hang on a second. Only a few weeks ago the majority on here were dead set against selling him (and replacing with Austin or AN Other) as Papiss Cisse supposedly was our only dependable source for goals, despite the fact that he only managed an average of 7 PL goals per season over the past three seasons whilst adding absolutely nothing positive to our general play. This season he has bundled another goal in and so is still averaging what he has done in his time here bar the first six months. What has changed for people to suddenly be so vitriolic? His style has always been languish and seemingly disinterested, his first touch has always been rubbish and his hold up play has always been non-existent. Yesterday evening was nothing new really; it's what I've been witnessing for the past few years and I would go as far as to say if Mitrovic doesn't sort himself out real soon we are in serious trouble again this season.

Nothing's changed for me, I've heard this all before. He's still the only striker we've got who looks like scoring goals, given some half decent service which he's still not getting.  I don't make any claims that he's some great all round target man either, but with Mitrovic out, there's no one else who you can put in there who might get in goal scoring positions and put the chances away. Even Mitrovic still has to show he can do that in the premier by the way.

Ayoze Perez scored 7 PL goals last season often not playing as the central striker, same as Cisse's record over the past three seasons. He's not ideally suited for the role, but at least he can trap a ball and get other players involved and at this stage I would trust him more to put the ball in the net if a chance fell to him than Cisse. After last season's debut season Ayoze didn't deserve to be dropped, let alone to be benched for another forward who offers absolutely nothing. That said, it was madness in the first place for people to suggest that we needed to keep Cisse as he was guaranteed to get us goals. At this point he offers little more than Gouffran or Riviere would.

Ayoze Perez scored 7 PL goals last season often not playing as the central striker. He's not ideally suited for the role, but at least he can trap a ball and get other players involved. After last season's debut season he doesn't deserve to be dropped, let alone to be benched for another forward who offers absolutely nothing. That said, it was madness in the first place for people to suggest that we needed to keep Cisse as he was guaranteed to get us goals. At this point he offers little more than Gouffran or Riviere would.

Perez is a good player, but even yesterday we saw he is much more effective when he's played a little deeper where he can be more involved. As for Gouffran and Riviere, unless you are suggesting we start them up front, I'm not going to take that seriously.

de Jong is a player with presence and a bit of movement and can link play, would genuinely consider putting him up front for the next 2 and playing Perez behind. Perez would be the real threat but would be allowed much more space and can dictate things, rather than getting double-marked all game.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

As good as his goal scoring record is, his style of playing football just doesn't fit a side who wants to play patient passing football. His control and passing are just too erratic and his physical presence barely existent. He's more useful if we pair him with another striker and get the ball upfront as fast as possible.