Yohan Benalouane

ponsaelius

We have one awesome and 2 good centre backs, this lad can be average but steady and i will be happy.

:thup:

Sounds like he's the CB cover we need. Admittedly I don't know much about him but we do need a defender and I trust our scouts to have done a detailed assessment on him. The lad could very well do a decent job.

Guest bimpy474

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Yohan Benalouane now also being heavily touted with #nufc unconfirmed at this stage

34 minutes ago

Admit it Lee you dont know feck all, he could be signing but you know nothing.

We have one awesome and 2 good centre backs, this lad can be average but steady and i will be happy.

We were going to sign the lad in the summer which fell through because Swansea stepped in at the last minute iirc. He was meant to be a very promising defender and we might have seen this one in a similar mould.

Based on some Dennis Wise scouting: plays left side of central defense for Cesena, but looks to be naturally right footed although he appears comfortable with both feet. Good positioning and tackling. Decent in the air too, although he doesn't seem to be very tall. Quite pacey. Looks fairly promising.

Just been on Radio Newcastle - Mick Lowes has said this link is NOT true. The lad is not under consideration at present.

Great news. That must mean the real target is Cissokho  :frantic:

Good his names easier to pronounce :D

Just been on Radio Newcastle - Mick Lowes has said this link is NOT true. The lad is not under consideration at present.

Great news. That must mean the real target is Cissokho  :frantic:

Pardew has said a few times Perch is a CB and even has the confiedence to play him, even if it is in midfield, which makes me think there might be more to this one. I would love to see this lad play in a toon shirt.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I don't follow italian football anymore but my friends say he was one of the worst Serie A defenders last season, and was quickly dropped from Cesena's first team.

When he played in Saint Etienne was followed by many clubs though, and also Juventus made a move to sign him. Fingers crossed.