Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

Not sure i've ever seen us collapse like that before. There was the gash penalty decision and a couple of tactical changes from Jol... both of those incidents instigated one of the finest downfalls i've ever seen from us. We had absolutely no reply; particularly to the Johnson sub. Infuriating how we maintained that high line in spite of the fact that we were getting done for pace over and over again. Astonishing stuff.

And i'm not scapegoating but f*** me, i'm pig sick of Krul giving the ball away every single time he has it. We were under pressure as soon as the second half kicked off, and it was largely down to him. Boot it up, give it away. Boot it up, give it away. f***ing ARGH.

Yeah I'm pig sick of it n'all. But it's not Krul's fault the defenders take the easy option and knock it back to him every single time.

I think Krul is told to launch it actually.

think pardew need to know that telling colo and simpson to launch the ball at ameobi's head or anywhere else at his body is just a very silly thing to do. 

Krul 4 - p*ss poor kicking & gave away a pen

Simpson 3 - Dempsey was his man, playing from his side and he got a hat-trick, nuff said, crossing was poor too.

Williamson 3 - shown up badly.

Coloccini 4 - as above but gets an extra mark for being alreet going forward.

Santon 3 - all over the place.

Cabaye 4 - played well in the first, none existant in the second.

Guthrie 4 - great goal and as above.

Jonas 6.5 - brilliant in the first and was one of two who kept going in the second.

Best 4 - totally ineffectual, thought he was our 'poorest' in the first too. Not a left winger mind so not surprising.

Shola 3.5 - ball doesn't stick, movement is non existant.

Ben Arfa 6 - great goal and kept plugging away unlike some, was wasteful in the first at times.

Subs - p*ss poor (both who came on and what they did aka f*** all)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Spot on. Anyone giving our higher marks is just daft tbh.

Agreed.

Yeah, pretty much agree with those scores too.

First half very good.

Second half, not so much! Embarrassing!

I have to say it, but it was a tactical collapse by Pardew in 2nd half.

Reminded me about the backline against Chelsea! Way to high.

Seriously guys.

Ameobi - Best v Ba - Cisse  :drool:

Dont let this match ruin our confidence, it was a bump in the road. Every team have it from time to time.

Inevitably Shola is being singled out, but we didn't get much from either striker all game, and virtually nothing in the second half. It's been said numerous times, but we need at least one striker with better pace and movement up there. It was a major factor in our failure to hold on to the ball in the second half.

I don't know why people are complaining about the first pen. Santon knocked into Johnson and you can't expect an opponent to stay manfully on his feet in that situation. The problem was he let Johnson get the wrong side of him.

Because it wasn't in the box, was a foul all day though just the lino got it wrong where it was.

Inevitably Shola is being singled out, but we didn't get much from either striker all game, and virtually nothing in the second half. It's been said numerous times, but we need at least one striker with better pace and movement up there. It was a major factor in our failure to hold on to the ball in the second half.

I don't know why people are complaining about the first pen. Santon knocked into Johnson and you can't expect an opponent to stay manfully on his feet in that situation. The problem was he let Johnson get the wrong side of him.

It was Duff

Guest Dontooner

We were quite lucky with the cards as well, easily could have seen Santon or Krul sent off today.

Duff.

Also, the Johnson pen, wtf?

I still don't know quite what the hell happened.

Changing to 4-4-2 was a massive mistake as the two up front are not good enough and it meant two of our better performers in the middle during the first half were playing wider and we lost the midfield battle.  You can blame the defence for getting blown wide open but Fulham walked through us and we resorted to hoofing the ball.

Very few if any strikers are going to come out on top against Senderos & Hangeland in a heading duel either.

thats because we only had one guy uptop and that was ameobi,  untill we changed it in the second half,  it was already 3-1 then.

Fulham changed it around and we couldn't cope.

More to do with Jol being smart enough to highlight and exploit our weaknesses than ineptitude on Pardew's part - there just wasn't that much he could conceivably do - we lacked protection in midfield (which he attempted to improve by bringing Perch on albeit too late), the centre-halves were beaten for pace and movement, particularly Williamson, and Santon was a liability off the ball. There wasn't one solution out there that could respond to Fulham's changes. Saying that I would've liked us to try and change our attacking impetus at some point - Shola was truly awful, Best was out of the game and Ben Arfa was marginal albeit something of a bright spark. Problems in the rest of the team can stem from an inefficient front line.

Always thought it would be a tough match, contrary to some who thought we'd walk it - but not quite that bad.

It was Duff

First half very good.

Second half, not so much! Embarrassing!

I have to say it, but it was a tactical collapse by Pardew in 2nd half.

Reminded me about the backline against Chelsea! Way to high.

Seriously guys.

Ameobi - Best v Ba - Cisse  :drool:

Dont let this match ruin our confidence, it was a bump in the road. Every team have it from time to time.

amazing post :D :thup:

It was outside the box :lol:

It was Duff

I stand corrected. The second half has become a bit of a blur.

Let's just lock the thread, and let it rot.

:lol: I'm all for that!

Seriously though we need to put this down as a blip. It was a freak game, and we weren't exactly helped by bad refereeing decisions, or the absence of our African stars. It also emphasised what we already knew, we need a pacey CB to partner Colo. We're still having a good season and just have to dust ourselves down and move on.

Aye.

Guest neesy111

Ref and lineswoman may as well been on the Payroll of Fulham after that 2nd half performance.  Still doesn't excuse the shocking defending I've seen.

Aye.

You'd think it was miles outside based on this thread though. It wasn't. If it had been given a freekick on the line then we'd have been VERY lucky. In real time it looked like a penalty.

The brass tacks of it is, it's just a defeat; Stoke lost too and we're still five points clear of 8th. But the reality is really concerning. The way we utterly capitulated has left me feeling extremely worried. Have to wonder just what the hell went on in the HT dressing room.

I'd be worried if it happened every week, just the once isn't overly concerning for now imo

Aye.

Absofuckinglutely.

Outside.

I just honestly can't see why people are surprised that others are having a go at Shola, the guy has had so many chances it's beyond funny. Opinions aren't so linear that because people are moaning at Shola they can't also see that the rest of the team were terrible as well.

thats because we only had one guy uptop and that was ameobi,  untill we changed it in the second half,  it was already 3-1 then.

It was 4-4-2 from kick off in the 2nd half, Jonas started the 2nd half on the left wing and Best started up front with Stroller.