Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

9 of them can hang their heads in shame after that like. Absolutely woeful second 45 minutes, embarrassing.

Don't think anyone really came out of that with any credit, despite the two very good goals we scored both goalscorers gave the ball away far too much and Guthrie had another hands in the air-appealing for nothing-while the other team score episode :(

Santon had a good first half, then the foul just before the break seemed to knock his confidence. Cabaye looked off the pace, he was carried a bit by Guthrie in the first half (in terms of tracking back) and that Fulham didn't show up.

Jonas was probably our brightest spark.

Guest WashyGeordie

We were so good in that first half. So strange. We saw Johnson's ability to get in behind with the Santon incident and we should have dropped deeper then. Won't even start on how Shola gets near the squad.

We've got no one else at the min apart from Shola and Best tbh.

Someone assassinate Shola and save our next month.

Oh f*** off man. :lol: This result is 100% about the defence man.

No, its not Fact we couldnt take advantage in the first half is because Strolla is ameoabing.

We concede five goals away from home, and you blame Shola? Fuck. My. Life.

Brings new meaning to the phrase 'any old excuse'.

I'm gonna blame Alan Smith.

It's quite clearly mostly about the defence, but everyone deserves criticism, and I fully understand that given the number of games we've had to put up with Shola's shite, people are getting on his back. Enoughs enough, no one else gets so many chances and continues to be that shite.

I actually meant Jonas and Ben Arfa. The latter is still far too loose with the ball, imo, but he is our best attacking player (with Ba and Cisse in Equatorial Guinea) by a completely ridiculous amount.

Far too loose. Jeseus man have you seen Ameobi try to controla ball, pass a ball or shoot. Laughable.

It's a good practice. Comparing everything to Shola's footballing ability so you can feel good about all the shit things in your life. This team has many failures and the inadequacies of our fourth choice striker are not particularly high on the list for me.

Spot on Baba

Only saw the second half but that was very reminiscent of WBA at home imo. The formula they had for breaking us down was scarily easy like, lofted ball into Zamora who was 5 yards off our defence, back to Murphy or Baird, chip over the top to Johnson or Dempsey. Every single time.

Krul 4 - piss poor kicking & gave away a pen

Simpson 3 - Dempsey was his man, playing from his side and he got a hat-trick, nuff said, crossing was poor too.

Williamson 3 - shown up badly.

Coloccini 4 - as above but gets an extra mark for being alreet going forward.

Santon 3 - all over the place.

Cabaye 4 - played well in the first, none existant in the second.

Guthrie 4 - great goal and as above.

Jonas 6.5 - brilliant in the first and was one of two who kept going in the second.

Best 4 - totally ineffectual, thought he was our 'poorest' in the first too. Not a left winger mind so not surprising.

Shola 3.5 - ball doesn't stick, movement is non existant.

Ben Arfa 6 - great goal and kept plugging away unlike some, was wasteful in the first at times.

Subs - piss poor (both who came on and what they did aka fuck all)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Difficult to swallow this result. Could not see Fulham scoring in the first half, nevermind putting 5 past us. Refereeing decision turned the game on its head, yet again, but we never showed the resilience we've displayed in recent times. Heads dropped at 1-1, and that was that. Fulham were nothing special at all, and that's what hurts even more.

Despicable show from Ameobi who should not have stayed on the pitch. "Surprisingly" Ben Arfa tried to take it to them, but was on his own in his endeavor.

We scored a couple of lovely goals, maybe that's the one positive we can take, but nowt else.

Meh

The brass tacks of it is, it's just a defeat; Stoke lost too and we're still five points clear of 8th. But the reality is really concerning. The way we utterly capitulated has left me feeling extremely worried. Have to wonder just what the hell went on in the HT dressing room.

We were so good in that first half. So strange. We saw Johnson's ability to get in behind with the Santon incident and we should have dropped deeper then. Won't even start on how Shola gets near the squad.

We've got no one else at the min apart from Shola and Best tbh.

dont blame Best,  evertime we played the ball to him he managed to keep it, thats his game,  thats why i said he should be playing uptop before the game even kicked off.  he played outwide yet he didnt complain and managed to hold it. 

our midfield was half asleep and the defence was playing like fulham was still in the locker room.

Someone assassinate Shola and save our next month.

Oh fuck off man. :lol: This result is 100% about the defence man.

Yeah our defence has been bad but two of their goals were after Shola rather hopelessly lost the ball. Attack is the best form of defence.

of course Shola is to blame in part.

it's not about separating the side into defence/attack and saying because we conceded x amount of goals but scored y amount that the attackers get off scot free and it's defenders to blame.

it's a fucking team game and poor performances in any part of the pitch can cause problems elsewhere.

you have to defend from the front, help us keep the ball upfield and offer creativity and goal threat - if your main target man cannot do any of those four things then you are on the back foot before you even begin. rancid performance from him. he's spent his entire career putting in these awful performances, then he gets in everyone's good books with a couple of decent games, and with that credit built up he then eases down into shitness, starting off the whole process again. he's a con man, basically.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul 4 - piss poor kicking & gave away a pen

Simpson 3 - Dempsey was his man, playing from his side and he got a hat-trick, nuff said, crossing was poor too.

Jonas 6.5 - brilliant in the first and was one of two who kept going in the second.

Best 4 - totally ineffectual, thought he was our 'poorest' in the first too. Not a left winger mind so not surprising.

Ben Arfa 6 - great goal and kept plugging away unlike some, was wasteful in the first at times.

Subs - piss poor (both who came on and what they did aka fuck all)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Spot on. Anyone giving our higher marks is just daft tbh.

I can't f***ing believe this. FIFA rage from earlier + this = Absolutely seething.

to think people were getting their radge on in the first half :lol: [/dontknowhowgoodwehadit]

Stop trying to score points ffs. Every bloody post.

Woeful second half, think I might cry. Absolutely zero plan B once they swapped a few players.

In essence it was really 'hmmm... fast johnson against slow williamson is actually pretty harmful - oh s*** it's 4-1'.

Give over man, you spend every match thread that I've been in slagging off our players and then whingeing about someone pulling you up on it. You don't have to keep going off either end of the scale to demonstrate your passion for the club - similarly, you don't have to remain in neutral to enjoy a match.

Fulham didn't turn up in the first half, which helped us to look good - but we did play some nice football as well. We didn't turn up at the beginning of the second and it cost us.

Not sure i've ever seen us collapse like that before. There was the gash penalty decision and a couple of tactical changes from Jol... both of those incidents instigated one of the finest downfalls i've ever seen from us. We had absolutely no reply; particularly to the Johnson sub. Infuriating how we maintained that high line in spite of the fact that we were getting done for pace over and over again. Astonishing stuff.

And i'm not scapegoating but fuck me, i'm pig sick of Krul giving the ball away every single time he has it. We were under pressure as soon as the second half kicked off, and it was largely down to him. Boot it up, give it away. Boot it up, give it away. Fucking ARGH.

Yeah I'm pig sick of it n'all. But it's not Krul's fault the defenders take the easy option and knock it back to him every single time.

The brass tacks of it is, it's just a defeat; Stoke lost too and we're still five points clear of 8th. But the reality is really concerning. The way we utterly capitulated has left me feeling extremely worried. Have to wonder just what the hell went on in the HT dressing room.

Complacency after an easy first half I would suspect. They stepped it up we didn't match them for one reason or another.

Guest Dontooner

Lost points on this since we were leading in the first half. Its a game of chess and Pardew lost it, the cracks were there to be seen but he left it unchanged. Credit to Fulham and Jol. Great comeback.

Krul 4 - p*ss poor kicking & gave away a pen

Subs - p*ss poor (both who came on and what they did aka f*** all)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Spot on. Anyone giving our higher marks is just daft tbh.

Agreed.

2-1 is just a defeat. We completely folded, they raped us 2nd half.

This. We just needed to settle back after we went 2-1 down. Slow the game down and we'd have got chances later, instead we hoofed it up desperately which was suicidal against the pace of their attack. Pardew should have curbed it quick.

I still don't know quite what the hell happened.

Changing to 4-4-2 was a massive mistake as the two up front are not good enough and it meant two of our better performers in the middle during the first half were playing wider and we lost the midfield battle.  You can blame the defence for getting blown wide open but Fulham walked through us and we resorted to hoofing the ball.

Not sure i've ever seen us collapse like that before. There was the gash penalty decision and a couple of tactical changes from Jol... both of those incidents instigated one of the finest downfalls i've ever seen from us. We had absolutely no reply; particularly to the Johnson sub. Infuriating how we maintained that high line in spite of the fact that we were getting done for pace over and over again. Astonishing stuff.

And i'm not scapegoating but f*** me, i'm pig sick of Krul giving the ball away every single time he has it. We were under pressure as soon as the second half kicked off, and it was largely down to him. Boot it up, give it away. Boot it up, give it away. f***ing ARGH.

Yeah I'm pig sick of it n'all. But it's not Krul's fault the defenders take the easy option and knock it back to him every single time.

I think Krul is told to launch it actually.

Inevitably Shola is being singled out, but we didn't get much from either striker all game, and virtually nothing in the second half. It's been said numerous times, but we need at least one striker with better pace and movement up there. It was a major factor in our failure to hold on to the ball in the second half.

I don't know why people are complaining about the first pen. Santon knocked into Johnson and you can't expect an opponent to stay manfully on his feet in that situation. The problem was he let Johnson get the wrong side of him.

I still don't know quite what the hell happened.

Changing to 4-4-2 was a massive mistake as the two up front are not good enough and it meant two of our better performers in the middle during the first half were playing wider and we lost the midfield battle.  You can blame the defence for getting blown wide open but Fulham walked through us and we resorted to hoofing the ball.

Very few if any strikers are going to come out on top against Senderos & Hangeland in a heading duel either.