Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

These poor performances are the norm and a defeat like this is always on the cards as a result of our sheer inconsistent halfs and performances. It will be the undoing of Pardew and our season you feel. Tactically we are poor and mentally something has changed over the last few months. We should not be getting beat at Fulham never mind getting a hammering. Pardew needs to reassess everything, especially tactically, because we are awful. The last time we played good football in my opinion was at home to Spurs and that's because it was an open game.

We were playing great footy first half today. Last time we played well was totenham? Yeah beating man u 3-0 playing s*** was an achievement...

I didn't see today's first half of course but by the sounds of it from the radio Fulham just didn't turn up so it was quite easy for us to pop it around. As for the Man Utd game, we won and it was a great performance but it was more of a Stoke away kind of performance rather than a footballing one which we've struggled to produce all season to be honest.

To lose this game 5-2 after playing so well apparently in the first-half suggests something is wrong and perhaps badly so.

All season we have flattered to decieve. We rarely play good football especially consistently and our tactics are piss poor, consisting of long-balls to the forwards.

I honestly believe we are winging it at the moment. Its only because everyone else around us is indifferent this season and because we have Ba and Colo among others in particular as to why we are so high in the table. I do not enjoy watching us in the main and can count only a handful of games where we have looked a top 6 side.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4126/capturewxo.png

How anyone can say that's 'obviously outside the box' is beyond me. And that's when viewing a still, not them moving in.

PS: on the line is inside.

also the first half im not sure if it was us playing well or it was fulham was being completely s***.

because the amount of percession we had we created f*** all apart from a wonder goal.

Not true.

which part?

cant remember any clear cut . or any one on one chances we had really

Shola had 2 headers he should have done better with, Ben Arfa came close.

you call those clear cut chances?  playing balls to ameobi's head, never counts as chances not even the slightest because thats like saying throwing a turd of a 20 story building and asking shola to head it is like a clear cut chance.

so like 80 percent of percession and a arfa chance .  barring guth wonder goal, i wouldnt say we exactly spanking the ass off fulham,  sorry.

So you're ignoring Coloccini missing a tap in from six yards then?

It wasn't a tap in.  No where near.

Was about as clear cut a chance as you could wish to see.

Howeh, be fair, it was never a tap-in, and he isn't a striker.

We can all agree what it definitely wasn't was a clear cut tap in which is what it certainly was. That's for sure. FWIW Colo is capable of that although the ball was low and at pace so its a tricky one to say for sure

Have to say, hard to comprehend, how we lost that in the second half. Jol, certainly got his his tactics right there. Ameobi, what an absolute waste of space, he should have been the first to come off. Pardew lost it, there's no doubt about it.

for the life of me why any manager would stick shola as a lone striker? it just doesnt work.  impossible

also the first half im not sure if it was us playing well or it was fulham was being completely s***.

because the amount of percession we had we created f*** all apart from a wonder goal.

Not true.

which part?

cant remember any clear cut . or any one on one chances we had really

Shola had 2 headers he should have done better with, Ben Arfa came close.

you call those clear cut chances?  playing balls to ameobi's head, never counts as chances not even the slightest because thats like saying throwing a turd of a 20 story building and asking shola to head it is like a clear cut chance.

so like 80 percent of percession and a arfa chance .  barring guth wonder goal, i wouldnt say we exactly spanking the ass off fulham,  sorry.

So good saves don't count unless they're from one-on-ones? And you're ignoring Coloccini missing a tap in from six yards?

i dont remember any good saves he had to make from shola,  the colo chance thats fair enough.

whilst we look dominant in the first half,  fulham wasnt exactly sweating. 

He made a decent save when Shola won the ball near the half way line and hit a swerving shot from just outside the box that was creeping in the corner.

Guest bimpy474

Bolton 1-0 up, if they beat the racists then this result will hurt even more.

Or if Liverpool win...

I was going more for the 7 point gap we could have had if they lost and we won, dont want them to win a game ever tbf.

Have to say, hard to comprehend, how we lost that in the second half. Jol, certainly got his his tactics right there. Ameobi, what an absolute waste of space, he should have been the first to come off. Pardew lost it, there's no doubt about it.

for the life of me why any manager would stick shola as a lone striker? it just doesnt work.  impossible

Absolutely!, he was pathetic the whole game. Pardew, fucked it badly with him, should have taken him off before the first half.

These poor performances are the norm and a defeat like this is always on the cards as a result of our sheer inconsistent halfs and performances. It will be the undoing of Pardew and our season you feel. Tactically we are poor and mentally something has changed over the last few months. We should not be getting beat at Fulham never mind getting a hammering. Pardew needs to reassess everything, especially tactically, because we are awful. The last time we played good football in my opinion was at home to Spurs and that's because it was an open game.

We were playing great footy first half today. Last time we played well was totenham? Yeah beating man u 3-0 playing s*** was an achievement...

I didn't see today's first half of course but by the sounds of it from the radio Fulham just didn't turn up so it was quite easy for us to pop it around. As for the Man Utd game, we won and it was a great performance but it was more of a Stoke away kind of performance rather than a footballing one which we've struggled to produce all season to be honest.

To lose this game 5-2 after playing so well apparently in the first-half suggests something is wrong and perhaps badly so.

All season we have flattered to decieve. We rarely play good football especially consistently and our tactics are p*ss poor, consisting of long-balls to the forwards.

I honestly believe we are winging it at the moment. Its only because everyone else around us is indifferent this season and because we have Ba and Colo among others in particular as to why we are so high in the table. I do not enjoy watching us in the main and can count only a handful of games where we have looked a top 6 side.

i see so the excuse for us playing we3ll is that they didn't turn up, the excuse we are doing well in the league is the poorness of others.....we played aswell today in the first half as i've seen this season (from all the premier games this season i've seen few better away performances from anyone). i know you don't like pardew but the hate is getting abit too blind, even for you.

How anyone can say that's 'obviously outside the box' is beyond me. And that's when viewing a still, not them moving in.

Sorry, that's not even on the the line. Outside the box definitely.

Guest Dontooner

All season we have flattered to decieve. We rarely play good football especially consistently and our tactics are p*ss poor, consisting of long-balls to the forwards.

Htt you got to watch the first half , you might actually take back some of the things you just mentioned. Its a formation that works well with Jonas and HbA which i have been complaining all season. We in fact looked like a top 6 team , slightly amazed with the formation as its not a Pardew's team.

Guest bimpy474

think pardew's ego has taken a huge dent today.

wonder what the fat one will say to him tonight.

Hopefully he'll show him a picture of Shola and then just punch it into Pardews face.

:lol:

Falling on deaf ears mate ;)

Where is the lineswoman who gave it?  My initial thought was that it was outside and I'm usually quite fair when we do something wrong.

We really did play excellently first half for anybody that didn't see it.

Yep. And we have the cup match before Blackburn, so hopefully this is just a blip. A pretty humiliating blip, but just pretend it was the 1-0 we thought it'd be :thup:

:lol:

Yeah and!. Definitely outside it.