Goals On Sunday - Dyer & Jenas

Skirge

Probably why only 5000 stayed or the lap of honour.

I'll put my hands up and say i left. I was absolutely gutted.

I'm surprised i stayed last year after being 3-0 up, i felt pig sick after falling to 12th, from being in 9th place

Hasselbaink clearly punching it into the net didn't help SBR that season either.

What would have happened if we'd started the season with a win?

Didn't Given make a mistake when Bentley scored for Norwich too?

Also I'm sure there was a decision that went against us in the Villa away game.

We were also notoriously slow starters under SBR.

Aye, Sorensen handled outside the box to save Bellamy's shot and Mike b*****d Riley only gave him a yellow. We would have gone 3-2 up but ended up losing 4-2. Bobby was sacked after that game.  :(

Guest Chubby Jason

The sacking was so badly handled it set the club back years and decimated a fantastic side. Wasn't Freddy offering the job around to Bruce and Allardyce before Souness took it?

I think that was blown out of proportion like, remember him holding out the captain's armband for someone else to take it, and it got interpreted that he was disrespecting it.

Nope, I was there and he took it between his between his index finger and thumb, at arms length as if it were a dirty rag and thew it to another player.

Talking to people in the away end on the day, that action turned a lot of people against Dyer and made the refusing to play incident a lot worse than it was.

I seem to remember Dyer, Bellamy, Jenas and I think Bramble behaving like right little bastards towards the end of SBR reign. For me, they were a siginficant reason he was sacked, so I hope Dyer really does feel bad about it.

This.  I remember seeing it at the time and I went mad.  Hated the t*** ever since then.

This... Was there... Dyer was a disgrace... No defending him... Says more about SBR trying to... Glad karma intervened...

I've asked this (sorry if it's been answered and I've forgotten) but which player was it that was pictured sticking his fingers up at Bobby behind his back?  Can remember there was a big deal made of that in the Chronicle - I believe they refused to print it or say who it was, but still mentioned it had occurred as a way of expressing how much disrespect was spreading through the squad.

I've asked this (sorry if it's been answered and I've forgotten) but which player was it that was pictured sticking his fingers up at Bobby behind his back?  Can remember there was a big deal made of that in the Chronicle - I believe they refused to print it or say who it was, but still mentioned it had occurred as a way of expressing how much disrespect was spreading through the squad.

Was that around the time there was a rumour Shearer's broken wrist was caused by him twatting Bellamy?

Was that around the time there was a rumour Shearer's broken wrist was caused by him twatting Bellamy?

Hmm, if I heard that one then I've forgotten it so I'm not sure.  It was definitely towards the end when it was going a bit sour.

That Wolves game with Shearer's pen miss was my first PL game at St James Park :snod: :(

:kasper: thought you were older!

This is pretty sickening. I'm pretty sure mine was 27 September 1994 vs Royal Antwerp.

Oh aye, only start going when we're in Europe? Pah.

That Wolves game with Shearer's pen miss was my first PL game at St James Park :snod: :(

This is pretty sickening. I'm pretty sure mine was 27 September 1994 vs Royal Antwerp.

Aye, at 9 years of age I made the conscious decision that League football didn't warrant my attendance. I needed the European stage to keep me interested.

.... the only other game that was competing for 'my first game' was Bristol City in the League Cup, but my research tells me that was the following season.

The sacking was so badly handled it set the club back years and decimated a fantastic side. Wasn't Freddy offering the job around to Bruce and Allardyce before Souness took it?

The disaster was allowing that CUNT Souness within a milion miles of SJP.

My first few games were:

Newcastle 4-1 Real Mallorca

Newcastle 0-0 Marseille

Newcastle 1-1 Wolves

------------------------------------

Newcastle 2-0 Bnei Sakhnin

Newcastle 2-0 Dinamo Tbilisi

Newcastle 3-1 Coventry

Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

Newcastle 1-0 Tottenham

Newcastle 1-0 Sporting

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Aye, at 9 years of age I made the conscious decision that League football didn't warrant my attendance. I needed the European stage to keep me interested.

.... the only other game that was competing for 'my first game' was Bristol City in the League Cup, but my research tells me that was the following season.

That was my first game. :love:

Guest neesy111

That was mine as well.

Guest neesy111

It's dyer, I've the seen picture.  Disgusting and why the twat won't get an ounce of sympathy from me.

Guest neesy111

Where were you when we were shit?

Fucking glory hunting bastards.

:lol:

I only went to games my dad took me to.  League games were almost impossible to get tickets for under Keegan 1st era.

That was my first game. :love:

That was mine as well.

I think the common denominator is that we've all got cheap twat parents tbh

It's dyer, I've the seen picture.  Disgusting and why the t*** won't get an ounce of sympathy from me.

I've also heard Dyer was in charge of evacuation on the Costa Concordia, but jumped ship straight away. What a cunt eh?

Guest neesy111

Didn't Given make a mistake when Bentley scored for Norwich too?

Also I'm sure there was a decision that went against us in the Villa away game.

We were also notoriously slow starters under SBR.

And the bit in bold just shows how stupid sacking him was, it's not how you start the season that matters, it's your final position and he was always capable of getting the best out of the players he had.

We had just went 10 games without a win in all competions.  That's enough to get quite a few managers the sack.