Goals On Sunday - Dyer & Jenas

Skirge

Shame he (Dyer) could never play a short pass along the floor... Always lazily pitched it up shin height to his team mates... That and instead of passing it to a team mate 20-30 yards away he had to run until he was on top of them... Was very quick though and played his part at times...

Didn't he end up somewhere in Turkey?

Plays for Kayserispor apparently.

Thought he was older than 23 for some reason. Probably because 06/07 seems like a decade ago after everything we've went through since then :lol:

Didn't he end up somewhere in Turkey?

Plays for Kayserispor apparently.

Thought he was older than 23 for some reason. Probably because 06/07 seems like a decade ago after everything we've went through since then :lol:

Tbf I couldn't believe it was that long ago meself. Was astounded at Carroll being on the bench. :lol:

Shame he (Dyer) could never play a short pass along the floor... Always lazily pitched it up shin height to his team mates... That and instead of passing it to a team mate 20-30 yards away he had to run until he was on top of them... Was very quick though and played his part at times...

An accurate analysis.

Nolberto Solano's last-minute winner that day came after an exquisite pass from Kieron Dyer, playing perhaps the best football of his career. He and the new signing Craig Bellamy added a devastating electricity to the side, while Alan Shearer was as merciless as ever in front of goal. Dyer was playing so well that Bellamy said he was the best player he had ever played with, a list that included Ryan Giggs. "He will be at the World Cup and he will be a superstar," said Bellamy. "Real Madrid and all the top Italian clubs must all want him." You'll laugh now, but it didn't seem especially ridiculous at the time. Dyer had just turned 23 and had the world at his twinkling feet. "A will-o-the-wisp," cooed Robson. "A little genius." Those comments came in the second week of January after Newcastle humiliated the league leaders Leeds. Dyer and Bellamy combined wonderfully for the last two goals, and Leeds were so frazzled that Danny Mills was sent off for a nasty kick at Bellamy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jan/20/joy-of-six-unlikely-title-challengers

I seem to remember Roeder getting his best results when the team picked itself.

Certainly. The less room he had to manoeuvre with, the better we seemed to do. That Tottenham away win for example, I seem to remember we were down to the bare bones.

The team that day:

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski.

(Subs Not Used: Harper, Edgar, O'Brien, Carroll, Troisi).

That defence :lol:

Who the hell's Huntington?

Certainly. The less room he had to manoeuvre with, the better we seemed to do. That Tottenham away win for example, I seem to remember we were down to the bare bones.

The team that day:

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42449000/jpg/_42449573_ab8.jpg

He scored that day btw.

Guest neesy111

The team that day:

How long you been supporting us lad?