Goals On Sunday - Dyer & Jenas

Skirge

Dyer was f***ing mint just off the front man; definitely his best position imo. One of my favourite little partnerships in my time supporting Newcastle was Martins-Dyer.

What is it with you and 06-07, man? It was an absolute shitefest of a campaign, the best moment of which came when Allardyce was announced. Only 08-09 was worse.

Dyer's best position was CM, no question.

Think you're getting me mixed up with someone here like. It was a f***ing awful year and i detested Roeder, more so than even Souness. I've said that on several occasions.

But that partnership was fun for a bit. Worked well.

You go on about the European games from that season all the time. Jesus, it was dreadful.

Watching Obafemi Martins head the winner against Zulte Waregem on Channel 5... with my Grandma. Halcyon days man Ronaldo.

Wouldn't say no to something similar next season, mind.

:lol:

Ronaldo, i don't really. I've said how much i enjoyed being in the UEFA Cup because i felt it was a tournament we could win. That goes for all seasons.

06/07 was God awful and i agree with you completely about it being second only to the relegation year.

I also remember Dyer ripping Everton a new one during a Worthington cup tie, although they did go on to win the penalty shootout. He was a genuinly talented lad, it's such a shame he couldn't overcome his injury struggles.

Jenas on the other hand never had the talent. Unless of course you consider short range back passes and square balls talent.

Watching Obafemi Martins head the winner against Zulte Waregem on Channel 5... with my Grandma. Halcyon days man Ronaldo.

Ronaldo, i don't really. I've said how much i enjoyed being in the UEFA Cup because i felt it was a tournament we could win. That goes for all seasons.

06/07 was God awful and i agree with you completely about it being second only to the relegation year.

Europe was fun until van Gaal gave Roeder a tactical arse-raping, Sibierski in particular lit up some miserable nights. There was definitely a genuine feeling we could somehow go far with that team.

Dyer was fucking class, ability gets underrated because of his injury record and attitude.

Got to be Steven Taylor against Celta Vigo for me like.

http://www.wldcup.com/pictures/wsn/0611/pic65050.jpg

Used to love seeing Dyer playing CM, dropping deep to pick up the ball, play it forward get it back and make some quick passes and darting runs. 

Remember Dyer away to Southampton? He was unplayable at times with his face and close control.

He played upfront in that game.

Was 2 diff thoughts, but sure OK...my mistake? Regardless, he was brilliant that night

Used to love seeing Dyer playing CM, dropping deep to pick up the ball, play it forward get it back and make some quick passes and darting runs. 

Remember Dyer away to Southampton? He was unplayable at times with his face and close control.

He played upfront in that game.

Was 2 diff thoughts, but sure OK...my mistake? Regardless, he was brilliant that night

Indeed he was.

Come on, his face wasn't that bad!

Roeder was undone by injuries and a lack of financial backing from Shepherd. That said, it is questionable that he got a shot in the first place (I thought at the time he deserved a chance)

Really? When it comes to injuries I seem to have it in my head that they were a blessing at times. Got memories of us doing well quite often when we had so many injuries that Roeder didn't really pick the team, as it picked itself. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Roeder was undone by injuries and a lack of financial backing from Shepherd. That said, it is questionable that he got a shot in the first place (I thought at the time he deserved a chance)

Really? When it comes to injuries I seem to have it in my head that they were a blessing at times. Got memories of us doing well quite often when we had so many injuries that Roeder didn't really pick the team, as it picked itself. :lol:

Stephen Carr at leftback.

:jones:

My favourite bit about the the Southampton away game is the collective "GO ON" from the away end when he goes past his first man for his 2nd goal :lol:

Our first win at Southampton for about 400 years too.

The emergence of David Edgar, Paul Huntington and Matty Pattison (:scared:)

I seem to remember Roeder getting his best results when the team picked itself.

Certainly. The less room he had to manoeuvre with, the better we seemed to do. That Tottenham away win for example, I seem to remember we were down to the bare bones.

Certainly. The less room he had to manoeuvre with, the better we seemed to do. That Tottenham away win for example, I seem to remember we were down to the bare bones.

The team that day:

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski.

(Subs Not Used: Harper, Edgar, O'Brien, Carroll, Troisi).

That defence :lol:

Started and finished with the same XI. Matty Pattison played 90 mins at LM and Paul Huntington scored.