sunderland

JH

This one's gold too:

Given the right offer, Ashley will leave.

He will continue to run NUFC as a selling club.

Because of their wage cap, I can't see how they can buy players over £10-£15 mil, as they do not pay the wages that would go with that fee.

This means everytime they sell from now on, there is a good chance it will weaken their team, because they have got in so many good players on the cheap, and every new unknown player brought in is a risk. The big selling price just means they can buy the odd dud they get in and write off the money.

They can strengen their squad, but the reserves will lose value because of their lack of exposure.

If they continue the policy of getting shot of 3-4 key players at a time(carroll,barton,nolan ,enrique) they will eventually come unstuck. Key injuries to whatever is left and a couple of bad buys could easily see them in a relegation fight.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699526&page=2#ixzz1ufHs3rsU

This one's gold too:

Given the right offer, Ashley will leave.

He will continue to run NUFC as a selling club.

Because of their wage cap, I can't see how they can buy players over £10-£15 mil, as they do not pay the wages that would go with that fee.

This means everytime they sell from now on, there is a good chance it will weaken their team, because they have got in so many good players on the cheap, and every new unknown player brought in is a risk. The big selling price just means they can buy the odd dud they get in and write off the money.

They can strengen their squad, but the reserves will lose value because of their lack of exposure.

If they continue the policy of getting shot of 3-4 key players at a time(carroll,barton,nolan ,enrique) they will eventually come unstuck. Key injuries to whatever is left and a couple of bad buys could easily see them in a relegation fight.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699526&page=2#ixzz1ufHs3rsU

Crying out for a grasping-at-straws meme. Could do a dozen off that post alone.

It's a Balti Pie you Mag Kernt.

Me a mag? Ya clearly a mag on the wind up yasel man. get back on ya own board man ftm 9-1

When did we buy a load of 'unknown' players exactly?

Ba with a excellent scoring record from West Ham?

Cabaye from the French champions?

Marveaux who was linked with Liverpool?

Cisse who they themselves wanted?

Jeez

possibly already posted but I love this, finishing lower was better for them than finishing top 6...

Originally Posted by martinlumley View Post

it might work in his favour though, if we'd bombed on and finished top 6 he might have had a problem bringing in as many new faces as he wants in the summer.

Spot on, it's worked in our favour. He now knows which players aren't good enough and exactly where we need to improve. Had we finished in a false position (like last season imo) it could have done more harm than good.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699566#ixzz1ufuJyPSx

:lol: Some absolutely classic mackem revisionism going on at the minute.

Especially looking forward to the mental gymnastics some of them are going to have to perform if and when things turn sour at Marty's party....

Had a rank dream last night were these troglodytes beat us at SJP with a last minute goal, and Keegan was their manager. :(

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jakewuz1/DRUGSAREBAD.png

possibly already posted but I love this, finishing lower was better for them than finishing top 6...

Originally Posted by martinlumley View Post

it might work in his favour though, if we'd bombed on and finished top 6 he might have had a problem bringing in as many new faces as he wants in the summer.

Spot on, it's worked in our favour. He now knows which players aren't good enough and exactly where we need to improve. Had we finished in a false position (like last season imo) it could have done more harm than good.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699566#ixzz1ufuJyPSx

its true- achieving a lifelong ambition would stop them achieving a lifelong ambition.

Newcastle are lucky to be up there in the table, they are a poor side and their players aren't as good as ours.

Newcastle will sell all of their best players to Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man U, and Arsenal this summer.

Its actually quite impressive to hold firmly these two opinions at the same time and not get bogged down in the massive contradiction.  Well done, Sunderland fans (or is it just RTG?).

Newcastle are lucky to be up there in the table, they are a poor side and their players aren't as good as ours.

Newcastle will sell all of their best players to Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man U, and Arsenal this summer.

Its actually quite impressive to hold firmly these two opinions at the same time and not get bogged down in the massive contradiction.  Well done, Sunderland fans (or is it just RTG?).

got to be honest and say it's just rtg, most of the mackems i know are nowt like that place (infact most have looked and are embarassed)

The real-life Mackems I know are fairly sound lads, but they'd still do great at Mackem Bingo with the amount of clichéd shite they spout about the respective fortunes of us and them this season.

got to be honest and say it's just rtg, most of the mackems i know are nowt like that place (infact most have looked and are embarassed)

yeah, i work with a few (and i married into makemdom) and i'd say at best rtg is an exaggerated version of their darkest thoughts towards us.  good for a laugh mind

The real-life Mackems I know are fairly sound lads, but they'd still do great at Mackem Bingo with the amount of clichéd s**** they spout about the respective fortunes of us and them this season.

the ones i know bite easy at some of the easy banter from the part time mags, much in the way i would in their position. we are lucky to be in a time when we've had the upper hand for more than a generation, however they are always honest with the match going mags, i'll not take the piss. however there are some partb time mackems who i rip relentlessly. worked with them for years and didn't even know they were into football till they were in my face with 2-1, 2-1!

Guest mercules

So in a summary of their season Bruce under achieved with an awesome squad, which was atleast twice as good as our lucky shite players. But now thanks to Mon they have performed miracles with a squad no better than Blackburns

MON end of term report: He's passionate, urbane, knowledgable, and really importanly, he brings masses of dignity.

My dad’s about the same age and I always thought he conducted himself in a dignified manner at work, but I guess I was wrong. Next time I see him I better tell him to tuck his trousers into his socks, jump up and down like a bullfrog with 200 volts up its ring and underperform for about 2 months a year, blaming everyone but himself and his colleagues for his s*** output.

Masses of dignity. Masses.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=699566#ixzz1ugDryYp4

Defies belief. Their players are "as good as ours" but I don't see Cattermole being linked with Man Utd, or Frazier Campbell with Real Madrid. Why could that be?