sunderland

JH

Phillips obvs

I enjoyed managing them on CM a decade or so ago.  They had a nice squad with Bridges, Phillips and Quinn as strikers.

You make me fuking sick.

Dunno why he keeps up this charade of being a Newcastle supporter.  Constantly slagging off geordies and now this.

Phillips obvs

I enjoyed managing them on CM a decade or so ago.  They had a nice squad with Bridges, Phillips and Quinn as strikers.

You make me fuking sick.

Dunno why he keeps up this charade of being a Newcastle supporter.  Constantly slagging off geordies and now this.

Stoke are shit again that's why.  :lol:

Phillips obvs

You make me fuking sick.

:lol:

"NewcastleGateshead have always screwed Gateshead. They've co-opted their name, The Sage, the Millenium Bridge and the Angel most recently. NewcastleGateshead tourist board ran city tours including the 'iconic' carpark from which Jack Carter hoyed Alf Roberts.

NewcastleGateshead would be nothing without Gateshead."Must be why they were so keen to have pics of the Millennium Bridge, Baltic and Sage on the Sunderland World Cup 2018 City Bid page. Makes sense now, they were trying to reclaim Gateshead from the heinous clutches of the mag. Yes, I am Sir Ricky Sbragia.

It's called the Gateshead millennium bridge because Gateshead council payed for most of it (other funding sources came from the lottery heritage etc) and Newcastle city council refused to pay anything towards it when they were offered the chance. Why would Newcastle have wanted to pay something towards it? Gateshead back then needed the bridge to Newcastle to get people from Newcastle over to Gateshead, Newcastle didn't need a bridge to get people from Gateshead's Quayside. Back then Gateshead didn't have the Sage, it didn't have any plans for the conference centre it hopes to build, it didn't have anything really. Newcastle city council at the time were focusing on providing those facilities for themselves so why would they have wanted to pay for a bridge that wouldn't have benefited them, in fact a bridge at the time of planning it would have been a hinderance if anything to Newcastle city council.

Assuming that we are here now with the Sage on Gateshead's Quayside, the Hilton just over in Gateshead, and the proposed conference centre with no millennium bridge and Gateshead council came running to Newcastle city council and asked for help towards funding for the bridge then it would be a different story.

At the time though a bridge to Gateshead offered nothing of value to Newcastle hence why they rejected the chance to fund it and the chance to have their name on it.

Still though, as it's been said it's not ok for Newcastle and Gateshead to forge a partnership which is pretty much a suburb of Newcastle but it's ok for a city 12 miles away to take parts of Gateshead, Newcastle's international airport etc all in the hope of landing some 3rd rate team games at the 2018/2022 world cup bid. 

"NewcastleGateshead have always screwed Gateshead. They've co-opted their name, The Sage, the Millenium Bridge and the Angel most recently. NewcastleGateshead tourist board ran city tours including the 'iconic' carpark from which Jack Carter hoyed Alf Roberts.

NewcastleGateshead would be nothing without Gateshead."Must be why they were so keen to have pics of the Millennium Bridge, Baltic and Sage on the Sunderland World Cup 2018 City Bid page. Makes sense now, they were trying to reclaim Gateshead from the heinous clutches of the mag. Yes, I am Sir Ricky Sbragia.

Ah yes, the Angel 'most recently'

Angel: Built 1998

Millenim Bridge: Built 2001

Re: David Vaughan

My sisters husband played footie with vaughan in wales when they were bairns. He was tiny compared to them and class but was overshadowed by the fact he had to wear a nappy every time he played. (12-15) true story.

Guest BooBoo

Anyone remember that mini documentary from Look North a good few years back. A coach full of mackems travelling to Newcastle for the derby, en masse singing "what a waste of money!"'at the Angel of the North. :lol: