sunderland

JH

The signing of Tore Andre Flo obviously hooked this poor sod.

No,  it was when we signed Seb Larson.

Can't even spell his name right. Tell me, why did you sign up on here? And how did you end up with a Sky.com email address?

Can't even spell his name right. Tell me, why did you sign up on here? And how did you end up with a Sky.com email address?

I just wanted to be involved, is this a local forum for local people, or can anyone join in ?

I just wanted to be involved, is this a local forum for local people, or can anyone join in ?

I wish N-O had a 3 foreigners rule.  Alas no, cosmopolitan as fuck unfortunately.

whats sad about it all is that they've had fuck all to shout about.  I'm 23 years old, born in 1988.  Most mackems I know were born the same year, or 1989.

One has a black and white photo of a scene from the '73 cup final in his flat, another proudly wears a replica of the '73 cup shirt.

15 years before they were fucking born and this is all they can cling on to.  Recollections from their dads about how great a day it was.  I was only 4 and a half when we went up under Keegan.  I can remember bits of that season, watching a few games on ITV.  I remember all of blowing the lead in 95/96 and pretty much everything since.  I could wheel off a ton of memorable moments I've had following Newcastle in 23 years, they could probably do it on one hand.  3 of those being them beating us.

2-1, apparently they always win 2-1. Anyway, I was alive back in 73 and as I was a kid might have been out of the loop a bit, but everyone at my school and in my family wanted sunderland to beat dirty leeds, who were awful cheats, handling and fouling and getting away with it constantly, nothing has changed in 40 years in that when it comes to the top teams, I can only assume referees are easy to manage. Seriously, we were all rooting for the mackems (the word hadn't been applied to them yet) in a North East solidarity situation as we hadn't met any of them I guess. Christ, that changed quickly as soon as I did meet some when I was working and they weren't, piles of chips on their shoulders despite the cup win, jealous beyond belief. I really feel sorry for them, they have nowhere to go. :(

btw Michael Horseshit was the worst player on the pitch by a fucking mile, just chasing after shadows in a stupid sweaty ginger way like the last kid you'd ever pick on your team and he seems to have made a fucking career out of it, the fucking twat. Just my opinion, obv.

Cattsformelike signing a new deal apparently. :thup:

Contract for Lee, like.

I'm sure I saw him in specsavers the other day

Contacts for Lee, like

Geps for me, like

They're all now trying to convince one another that Debuchy is shit, and anyone trying to say anything good about him is shouted down and branded a mag kernt as per usual in a typical display of RTG's if-we-say-it-enough-times-and-tell-everyone-else-to-fuck-off-it-must-be-true methodology.  We haven't even signed him yet ffs, imagine the meltdown if we do :lol:

Everyone reckons he's a decent player but I'll reserve my opinions for when Debauchery get kicked up a hight a few times in the PL, we'll see how he can perform then, the PL is a different kettle of fish to the French league.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=12975374&postcount=45

These 'cold, windy Monday night in Stoke'-type fallacies are really getting old IMO yet so many people stubbornly continue to peddle them with every single foreign player that comes in.

Do these people realize that the French league that is an extremely aggressive league? In fact i'd argue it's more blood and thunder and tackles flying in than our league which is nowhere near as aggressive as it used to be.

Adapting to the league, will be no problem at all as is the same with most frenchies.

Exactly, the only real difference is perhaps the tempo, but this league is absolutely soft as shite now and people need to realise this.  Refs here give free kicks and yellow cards for absolutely nowt, been that way for a while now.

Not really bothered what they think too much but it is quite funny how they never learn... asking if Debuchy is so good then why isn't a bigger club in for him and how are we getting him so cheap, forgetting that Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba and Santon to an extent are already perfect examples that we can get top quality players over the line for a good fee.

Not really bothered what they think too much but it is quite funny how they never learn... asking if Debuchy is so good then why isn't a bigger club in for him and how are we getting him so cheap, forgetting that Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba and Santon to an extent are already perfect examples that we can get top quality players over the line for a good fee.

Half of them think that lot are shite though.

Amazing how we can finish 5th with such s*** players, how did we manage it?  :kasper:

lucky run at the start and towards the end of the season

take away those points we'd have been relegated marra

Half of them think that lot are s**** though.

Never thought of that, they are blinded by bitterness and hatred.

Don't know about anyone else but on the rare occasion the mackems have a few decent players I'm willing to admit it and not be a 10 year old about it.