sunderland

JH

Guest Mackem Logic

Their comeback will be they won the league that year......so what

:lol:

Yeah, awful comeback that.

Our old mate Paxton...

"We were a class team back then, we would have been around the top of the league each year, the 'glory' back then of winning the league would have wore off after a few months.

However in current time if Newcastle or Sunderland lost 9-1 in a Derby respectively, it would never be forgotten, either club would be a laughing stock for many more years to come."

:lol:

That result and their attitude towards us winning the league the same season sums everything up you need to know about them.

I honestly think if they beat us 6-1 next season, we won the FA cup and they went on to do a Rangers it would still be the happiest season they have had for years, probably as long as many of them have been alive.

Which one of you was this?  Fits way too perfectly with the diagram :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=716761

For the first time in ages we are headin into the season with a combined squad and manager we can be thoroughly proud of. I honestly cant wait for it to start. We have players in McClean, Sess and O'Shea who ooze class, workmen like performers such as cattermole, colback and larsson, and MON has got us a real steal in Cuellar. If we can land the villa duo, particularly collins then our XI will be more than good enough to compete, and certainly good enough for atleast a top 10 finish.

If you take away last seasons top 4, and obviously chelsea, and probably liverpool, i think we have the next best squad in the league - the mags and everton may dispute this, but i think our 18 on paper will be stronger than anything those 2 mentioned, villa or qpr can offer.

Hopefully wickham will come of age this season, he has definitely been looking sharper recently and if we can add another striker and a flair central midfielder then we certainly will be going places. there is no reason why this team can't finish 7th, take 4 points from the mags, and (bearing in mind MON's cup track record) possibly cup success. i cant wait til the 18th - bring on the gunners!

If that is actually a real Mackem.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think Campbell could have a good season TBF, dark horse fantasy football pick maybe.

He's no Ba.

Or Cisse.

Or incoming new striker Carroll/Remy/???

Which one of you was this?  Fits way too perfectly with the diagram :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=716761

For the first time in ages we are headin into the season with a combined squad and manager we can be thoroughly proud of. I honestly cant wait for it to start. We have players in McClean, Sess and O'Shea who ooze class, workmen like performers such as cattermole, colback and larsson, and MON has got us a real steal in Cuellar. If we can land the villa duo, particularly collins then our XI will be more than good enough to compete, and certainly good enough for atleast a top 10 finish.

If you take away last seasons top 4, and obviously chelsea, and probably liverpool, i think we have the next best squad in the league - the mags and everton may dispute this, but i think our 18 on paper will be stronger than anything those 2 mentioned, villa or qpr can offer.

Hopefully wickham will come of age this season, he has definitely been looking sharper recently and if we can add another striker and a flair central midfielder then we certainly will be going places. there is no reason why this team can't finish 7th, take 4 points from the mags, and (bearing in mind MON's cup track record) possibly cup success. i cant wait til the 18th - bring on the gunners!

If that is actually a real Mackem.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gem of a thread  :lol:

I think Campbell could have a good season TBF, dark horse fantasy football pick maybe.

He's done well to retain most of his pace after the injuries he's had, but after that initial return he really didn't do anything of note.

50/50 how it ends up for him next season.