sunderland

JH

Guest bimpy474

What the fuck's gannin on in here? :lol:

I tried to join in, but with me easily confused by a rubik cube it did not go well.

An anti-facist or anti-racist banner at SJP for the derby would stir the pot nicely.  Obviously not explicitly directed at Di Canio, just fiegn ignorance and say it's our own version of their Nelson Mandella day or something.  Would goad him or their fans into kicking off about it and make them look even worse  :whistle:

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if Di Canio's a fascist, a nazi, a tory or a fucking moomin. That's his business. As long as he takes them clowns down he can do whatever else he likes.

An anti-facist or anti-racist banner at SJP for the derby would stir the pot nicely.  Obviously not explicitly directed at Di Canio, just fiegn ignorance and say it's our own version of their Nelson Mandella day or something.  Would goad him or their fans into kicking off about it and make them look even worse  :whistle:

Best stay out of that iMO. Just batter them on the pitch and in the stands (figuratively), and move on.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if Di Canio's a fascist, a nazi, a tory or a fucking moomin. That's his business. As long as he takes them clowns down he can do whatever else he likes.

His side in the War took down 6 million. Not sure how many were clowns though.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if Di Canio's a fascist, a nazi, a tory or a f***ing moomin. That's his business. As long as he takes them clowns down he can do whatever else he likes.

I personally find this amazing.. You really dont care about openly fascist views being given a platform by a high profile manager within the PL?

You really dont care that an openly racist viewpoint  will potentially now be given some credence and time?

Have we sunk so far, become so de-politacized as a society that a "blind eye" can be turned to these vile, pernicious and abhorent views?

I know its sport, and for many the two shouldnt mix.

I disagree, I remember the same arguements around sport and the openly racist South Africa during the apartheid years. The apeasers and apologists making the same noises...

Its a sad day for sport that this man is allowed anywhere near our national game. Yes its the mackems, but some things are actually more important than football,,this is one of em.

He isnt a misguided young un, one of the skin heads selling the bulldog ouside SJP from the 70s and 80s that we had to contend with.

A youngster feeling marginalised by society, easy prey for the base arguements of "3 million blacks, 3 million on the dole"et al.... Hes a certified, self confessed ideological fascist and by that ideological link a racist, anti semite, anti trade unionist, anti sexual freedom... it wasnt just the heat of the moment rash fascist salute in 2005/6..This guys a committed racist.

Lets laugh at the Mackems eh? I wonder if any of their Jewish, Bangaladeshi, Indian, Pakistani or other ethnic minority supporters are laughing.

I wonder if any of the elderly population, who fought against fascism in the 30s and 40s are laughing?

We should actually be uniting with any of their support who are rightly disgusted at this appointment by showing some solidarity with them.

I see there was actually an Anti Fascist Action event on in Wearside this weekend...ironic.

Looking forward to Total Sport this evening.... Gabbiadini made enough excuses for O'Neill in the last few months, be interesting to hear his take on DiCanio.

Or maybe they'll get Gawy Bennett in for this one??

Guest palnese

Sunderland AFC and Head Coach Paolo Di Canio have issued the following statement in response to comments made by certain sections of the media and other individuals since his appointment was announced yesterday.

Paolo spoke passionately and honestly regarding the inaccurate portrayal of his beliefs and values from some quarters. He said: “Something can happen many years ago but what counts is the facts. My life speaks for me. Of course it hurts me because people try to take your dignity and that is not fair.

“I believe in my pillars and I have values. What offends me more than anything is not because they touch me; they touch what my parents gave to me; the values they gave to me. This is not acceptable.

“What I can say is that if someone is hurt, I am sorry. But this didn’t come from me, it came from a big story that people put out in a different way to what it was.

“I never have a problem in my past. I expressed an opinion in an interview many years ago. Some pieces were taken for media convenience. They took my expression in a very, very negative way – but it was a long conversation and a long interview. It was not fair. I know it is a part of my job to do interviews because I am well-known, but sometimes it suits their purpose to put big headlines and a big story.

“I don’t have a problem with anyone. I haven’t had a problem in the past and I don’t know why I have to keep repeating my story, to be defending  myself on something that doesn’t belong to me every time I change clubs. Talk about racism? That is absolutely stupid, stupid and ridiculous. The people who know me can change that idea quickly. When I was in England my best friends were Trevor Sinclair and Chris Powell, the Charlton manager – they can tell you everything about my character.  :lol:

“I don’t want to talk about politics because it’s not my area. We are not in the Houses of Parliament, we are in a football club. I want to talk about sport. I want to talk about football, my players, the Board and the fans. My first priority is my family and my daughters, that’s obvious, and secondly to have the responsibility for thousands of people. This is my priority and I want to be focused on this aspect. I don’t want to talk any more about politics – I am not a politics person.”

CEO Margaret Byrne said: “Sunderland AFC is a traditional football club, with a rich and proud history. It has a strong ethos and ethics and that has not changed in any shape or form.

“Naturally it’s been very disappointing to read some of the reaction to Paolo’s appointment in the last 24 hours. Anyone who has met Paolo and spoken with him personally, as we did in depth before making this appointment, will know that he is an honest man, a man of principle and a driven, determined and passionate individual. To accuse him now, as some have done, of being a racist or having fascist sympathies, is insulting not only to him but to the integrity of this football club.

“Paolo has spoken emotively and at length in order to clarify some of the misconceptions that surround him and historical comments and actions attributed to him in the past.

“My role and that of the Board is to act in the best interests of this club at all times and in appointing Paolo Di Canio we feel we have done just that. It is disappointing that some people are trying to turn the appointment of a head coach into a political circus.

“We are a football club and now want to allow Paolo and the team to focus on the rest of the season.”

Neither Sunderland AFC, nor Paolo Di Canio, will make any further comment on this matter.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2013/april/club-statement

Guest bimpy474

Sunderland AFC and Head Coach Paolo Di Canio have issued the following statement in response to comments made by certain sections of the media and other individuals since his appointment was announced yesterday.

Paolo spoke passionately and honestly regarding the inaccurate portrayal of his beliefs and values from some quarters. He said: “Something can happen many years ago but what counts is the facts. My life speaks for me. Of course it hurts me because people try to take your dignity and that is not fair.

“I believe in my pillars and I have values. What offends me more than anything is not because they touch me; they touch what my parents gave to me; the values they gave to me. This is not acceptable.

“What I can say is that if someone is hurt, I am sorry. But this didn’t come from me, it came from a big story that people put out in a different way to what it was.

“I never have a problem in my past. I expressed an opinion in an interview many years ago. Some pieces were taken for media convenience. They took my expression in a very, very negative way – but it was a long conversation and a long interview. It was not fair. I know it is a part of my job to do interviews because I am well-known, but sometimes it suits their purpose to put big headlines and a big story.

“I don’t have a problem with anyone. I haven’t had a problem in the past and I don’t know why I have to keep repeating my story, to be defending  myself on something that doesn’t belong to me every time I change clubs. Talk about racism? That is absolutely stupid, stupid and ridiculous. The people who know me can change that idea quickly. When I was in England my best friends were Trevor Sinclair and Chris Powell, the Charlton manager – they can tell you everything about my character.

“I don’t want to talk about politics because it’s not my area. We are not in the Houses of Parliament, we are in a football club. I want to talk about sport. I want to talk about football, my players, the Board and the fans. My first priority is my family and my daughters, that’s obvious, and secondly to have the responsibility for thousands of people. This is my priority and I want to be focused on this aspect. I don’t want to talk any more about politics – I am not a politics person.”

CEO Margaret Byrne said: “Sunderland AFC is a traditional football club, with a rich and proud history. It has a strong ethos and ethics and that has not changed in any shape or form.

“Naturally it’s been very disappointing to read some of the reaction to Paolo’s appointment in the last 24 hours. Anyone who has met Paolo and spoken with him personally, as we did in depth before making this appointment, will know that he is an honest man, a man of principle and a driven, determined and passionate individual. To accuse him now, as some have done, of being a racist or having fascist sympathies, is insulting not only to him but to the integrity of this football club.

“Paolo has spoken emotively and at length in order to clarify some of the misconceptions that surround him and historical comments and actions attributed to him in the past.

“My role and that of the Board is to act in the best interests of this club at all times and in appointing Paolo Di Canio we feel we have done just that. It is disappointing that some people are trying to turn the appointment of a head coach into a political circus.

“We are a football club and now want to allow Paolo and the team to focus on the rest of the season.”

Neither Sunderland AFC, nor Paolo Di Canio, will make any further comment on this matter.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2013/april/club-statement

Probably shouldn't have done the sign during a football then eh Paolo ?

Guest bimpy474

Why wasn't there all this fuss when he took charge at Swindon?

Because it's the most fascist place in England.

So, In all of that, he doesn't actually deny saying 'I am a fascist' - just claims that quote has been taken and used negatively? Wonder why?

I also noticed the 'I'm not racist... two of my best friends are black' argument, too.

To accuse him now, as some have done, of being a racist or having fascist sympathies, is insulting not only to him but to the integrity of this football club.

:icon_scratch: