sunderland

JH

Guest reefatoon

EveningChron Breaking: Sunderland fan Peter Copeland, 29, admits posting racist abuse on Twitter to Newcastle United supporter. Story to follow. #nufc

Such a classy club

Guest johnson293

Same story, but from The Guardian..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/06/sunderland-fan-guilty-racist-tweets?newsfeed=true

Unemployed Copeland, who lives with his parents in Benridge Bank, West Rainton, Durham, admitted two offences under the Malicious Communications Act and will be sentenced on 27 February.

Copeland said he was not racist and claimed a friendship with the black ex-Sunderland player Gary Bennett, the court heard.

:rolleyes:

Same story, but from The Guardian..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/06/sunderland-fan-guilty-racist-tweets?newsfeed=true

Unemployed Copeland, who lives with his parents in Benridge Bank, West Rainton, Durham, admitted two offences under the Malicious Communications Act and will be sentenced on 27 February.

Copeland said he was not racist and claimed a friendship with the black ex-Sunderland player Gary Bennett, the court heard.

:rolleyes:

What a lovely chap! :rolleyes:

Mackems in 'racist' shocker - not as if they don't have recent form for it either.

Obviously always nervous for the derby, but at home, WBA and Villa have both caught us out on the counter on numerous occassions now.  Bit concerned with the high line we play and the style the mackems are currently playing.  Also think we may struggle to break them down, as AP will got for a safety first option out wide, someone like Raylor (if he's fit) or Obertan ahead of HBA.

Obviously always nervous for the derby, but at home, WBA and Villa have both caught us out on the counter on numerous occassions now.  Bit concerned with the high line we play and the style the mackems are currently playing.  Also think we may struggle to break them down, as AP will got for a safety first option out wide, someone like Raylor (if he's fit) or Obertan ahead of HBA.

Really ? iam supremely confident we will win and not just sneak a 1-0 either..... with Ba and Cisse together for a few weeks and hopefully getting even better and Cabaye and Tiote back together i think we will have too much for them.

We've just got to face up to it even when a derby is a big club/little club rivalry, the law of averages says the underdog will win some time.

One day they'll beat us, but fortuanately it very seldom happens and even in victory they'll still be mackems and they will have to go back to their miserable existances and smelly little town.

Of course the problem with mackems is that when they do eventually beat us it won't be seen as just a long overdue fact of mathematical probability but will be heralded as the begining of a great new dawn and a new world order to be celebrated for all time.

How good is this McClean then?

Honestly haven't seen him in action. What side does he play?

Apparently he's declared for ROI, would be nice if someone could unseat Aiden 'I'm actually absolutely shite' McGeady from the starting line-up.

Tall, left wing, very direct, pacey, puts a good ball in and looks a real handful.  Will give Simpson a really tough time, but I reckon I could give him a run for his money TBF  :lol:

Sounds like Irish Bale to me and we all saw what Simpson did to him earlier in season at St James'  :smug:

Good points in there. I think that our high line is a big problem at times- especially against teams like WBA, Villa and potential SMB's. O'Neil sets all of teams up with the intention to counter attack and generally they do that well. Players like Sessegnon and McClean could take advantage of that, especially against Simpson. However, they aren't exactly all that. If we're on top our game and have the likes of Cabaye and Tiote back, and Pards decides to play Ben Arfa then there are definitely goals there for us- if we're on form I think we could potentially batter the horrible cunts. What does give me comfort is that we are a 'big game' side it seems, have an excellent record against this lot and we're currently on great form.

Tall, left wing, very direct, pacey, puts a good ball in and looks a real handful.  Will give Simpson a really tough time, but I reckon I could give him a run for his money TBF  :lol:

Agreed. He's got to be dropped, he struggled enough against N'Zogbia and that lad wears blinkers.

We probably had a squad on par with them when we were in the Championship! And in our relegation season we, on paper, had a squad easily superior to theirs. Wait...on paper? Shit, I'm starting to sound like one of them now :lol:

They still peddling such bollocks? How on earth do they believe that. Sessegnon is the only player of any real quality they have.

Him, and it's early, but I really (dis)like the look of McClean. Other than that - meh.