sunderland

JH

Got served by a mackem lass in a petrol ststion near durham yesterday, after I'd paid she asked me if I wanted to recite.  That's nice, I thought someone interested in the performing arts and involving the customer.  No I said I don't have the time but could I have a receipt please.

I went through a McDonalds drive-thru in Sunderland once, Got asked if I wanted any sarce and straas.... Took me ages to work out she meant sauce and straws...

:lol: :lol:

Its mental how different they sound, were only separated by a few miles, its like they do it on purpose or something.

Guest Geordiesned

Posted comment on Twitter earlier about number of Mackems with FTM in username tweeting today, most with photoshopped images of SJP, on nufc hashtag. Said they were clearly obsessed.

Got reply from Wireside saying I was obviously "all over the safc hashtag" and therefore obsessed.

Thick as mince that lad! :lol:

I must say I'm bricking it for Saturday night in case Sunderland get into the 6th round of the cup and I'm guessing everyone else on this forum is as well.

:lol:

yup, have to say i wonder what they would have made of it had we had  cup final ticket threads, cup final travel threads etc on having reached the fifth round ?

Got served by a mackem lass in a petrol ststion near durham yesterday, after I'd paid she asked me if I wanted to recite.  That's nice, I thought someone interested in the performing arts and involving the customer.  No I said I don't have the time but could I have a receipt please.

I went through a McDonalds drive-thru in Sunderland once, Got asked if I wanted any sarce and straas.... Took me ages to work out she meant sauce and straws...

:lol: :lol:

Its mental how different they sound, were only separated by a few miles, its like they do it on purpose or something.

It's their elocution lessons...compulsory at skewl

Quote:

Originally Posted by scobbie 

I cannot understand why anyone would want to drink in Newcastle before the game. Having to keep quiet and not let on you're Sunderland. Can't get pissed and sing Sunderland songs. Fuck that.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to have to get up at 6am just to hoy a few tins of lager down their neck, get to the stadium to go on a shit bus that takes 2 hours to do a 20 minute journey and get ushered into the stadium as if you were in a heard of pigs. At least you can sing Sunderland songs on the bus though and gan daft, whilst being desperate for a piss.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=673888&highlight=wheatsheaf&page=10#ixzz1md77uUhW

he's spot on in that last paragraph about when we go there, replace bus with train

Its the weird disparity between the lyrics and the video that gets me:

"Penshaw stands on a hill so free" (visual - Wearmouth Bridge)

"Roker Lighthouse looks out to the sea" (visual - 'Dun Cow' pub)

"And when I walk through the Bridges shops" (visual - departing Metro)

How hard can it be to sync? One word - inept.

A few of my mates (Arsenal) went up to Sunderland last weekend. They said there was a large group of Mackems waiting after the game trying to pic out the Arsenal shirts to start a bit of trouble. A group started talking to my mate as he walked away from the ground moaning about the game but he was too afraid to open his mouth so just nodded along :lol:

Do we ever have a noticeable group waiting outside the ground for trouble? ??? can't say I have ever noticed it but then it's not as noticeable when your ground isn't out in the middle of a shit estate.