sunderland

JH

Thing is though if they don't beat Wigan on Saturday then lose to Man City, Artie will be under massive pressure going into the derby game.

And if we win.......

Would it be more fun to beat them off the back of two good results when their hopes are up and overconfidence is blooming or to grind their faces further into the dust after losing to Wigan and City?

I think the latter for me  ;D

Like someone said, penny is starting to drop.

Think they'll do it next game mind, quite easily. Wigan will try to play football, get exposed early on the counter attack, get robbed, then they'll sit back and protect their lead for the rest of the match. I know this is what they attempt every game, but think this one it will work unfortunately.

If not the meltdown will be too much to take.  :lol:

Wigan at home was where it all ended for Brucey wasn't it? I don't think it would be the end of MO'N as such, but the party would be over anyway.

Thing is though if they don't beat Wigan on Saturday then lose to Man City, Artie will be under massive pressure going into the derby game.

And if we win.......

no!! We need to oliver cromwell them big time.

Would it be more fun to beat them off the back of two good results when their hopes are up and overconfidence is blooming or to grind their faces further into the dust after losing to Wigan and City?

I think the latter for me  ;D

Have to say Fletcher took his goal exceptionally well yesterday and they do look to have a very good keeper. They had better pray that nothing happens to either. However I'm begining to think they've made another terrible managerial appointment.

Twelve games without a victory and an inability to hold on to a lead are damning enough but it's the statistics beneath the results which should really be setting alarm bells ringing down on Wearside.

O'Neill looks increasingly like "yesterday's man" and totally out of place in top flight football in the 21st century, he's also starting to  look increasingly uncomfortable. Our poster Brummie has predicted it all with eerie accuracy having seen his own club's demise under Marty's archaic methods.

I think they'd be doing themselves a huge favour if they made a very bold decision and called time on him before the rot sets in even deeper. Of course they won't. They fiddled while "Rome burned" over Bruce and Keane and they'll do it all over again this time. Although some savvy mackems are starting to see whats happening the majority worship him like some sort of medieval priest who cannot be challenged without fear of being hounded out and burnt at the stake.

Four draws out of four games can easily be dressed up to defend their latest "messiah", but three corners in four games probably paints a more vivid picture.

I sense that Sunderland detractors will enjoy O'Neill's remaining time on Wearside more than Sunderland fans will.

Have to say Fletcher took his goal exceptionally well yesterday and they do look to have a very good keeper. They had better pray that nothing happens to either. However I'm begining to think they've made another terrible managerial appointment.

Twelve games without a victory and an inability to hold on to a lead are damning enough but it's the statistics beneath the results which should really be setting alarm bells ringing down on Wearside.

O'Neill looks increasingly like "yesterday's man" and totally out of place in top flight football in the 21st century, he's also starting to  look increasingly uncomfortable. Our poster Brummie has predicted it all with eerie accuracy having seen his own club's demise under Marty's archaic methods.

I think they'd be doing themselves a huge favour if they made a very bold decision and called time on him before the rot sets in even deeper. Of course they won't. They fiddled while "Rome burned" over Bruce and Keane and they'll do it all over again this time. Although some savvy mackems are starting to see whats happening the majority worship him like some sort of medieval priest who cannot be challenged without fear of being hounded out and burnt at the stake.

Four draws out of four games can easily be dressed up to defend their latest "messiah", but three corners in four games probably paints a more vivid picture.

I sense that Sunderland detractors will enjoy O'Neill's remaining time on Wearside more than Sunderland fans will.

Agree with much of this, but I mainly enjoy how laden with historical and religious language it is. Not sure if it was intended, or if the inner-GCSE history teacher in you is bursting forth! :laugh: :lol:

Agree with much of this, but I mainly enjoy how laden with historical and religious language it is. Not sure if it was intended, or if the inner-GCSE history teacher in you is bursting forth! :laugh: :lol:

Been called many things, often of a four letter variety, but never  a "GCSE history teacher"  :D

I like it, but definitely too late in life for a career change.

EDIT.  Maybe it's just Arty's way of going about things and the macums irrational devotion to their owners/managers which leads to the profusion of historical and religious language  :D

12 games without a win did Bruce ever go that long ? His teams tried to play football and go for a win too.

Just as well O'Faill hasn't got any tenuous Newcastle connections or they'd be hounding him out by now.

Bruce's last 12.......10 points

O'Neil's last 12.........9 points

12 games without a win did Bruce ever go that long ? His teams tried to play football and go for a win too.

Just as well O'Faill hasn't got any tenuous Newcastle connections or they'd be hounding him out by now.

Bruce's last 12.......10 points

O'Neil's last 12.........9 points

Quite amazing that.

More so when you compare the vitriolic bile and hatred aimed at Bruce during that run compared to the blind and irrational love they still appear to have for Marty.

I've said it a couple of times before but if they think they've got concerns now they need to take a long look at Villa and see where they're heading. Only they won't be able to attract a manager anywhere near as good as Lambert to sort out Marty's mess.