sunderland

JH

Speaking of this NETD thing does it actually exist anywhere else apart from the deranged minds of macums ?

I've never heard anyone in Newcastle mention it, other than in a macum piss take way, and we're supposed to be the NETD.

Does it go on elsewhere for example ?  Do Man City proudly use the letters NWTD, are Norwich EATD, are Chelsea LTD and are Montrose or Arbroath the NESTD, or it it a uniquely macum thing ?

I've said it a couple of times before but if they think they've got concerns now they need to take a long look at Villa and see where they're heading. Only they won't be able to attract a manager anywhere near as good as Lambert to sort out Marty's mess.

I'd imagine they could find a manager with some pedigree to take over the job next, the problem of course is what that guy inherits.

The big concern for the Mackems (the sensible ones that is...............) is the O'Neill legacy. It's absolutely dire. He's paying overrated, old players top dollar.

Inheriting a squad with players like Cuellar (31), O'Shea (31), Titus (31), Brown (32), Bardsley (28), Vaughan (29), Saha (34) and even Sessegnon (28) just shouts out a massive lack of sustainability.

Unless their owner is literally going to throw good money after bad, how do you turn that situation around?

You sell.

Who do you sell? Johnson, Fletcher and potentially Cattermole are their only players worth anything.

Their next appointment is going to have to be an absolute masterstroke and somebody capable of not only getting a team performing but building an entire infrastructure (scouting networks etc etc) to enable them to compete.

I'd be massively concerned if I was a Mackem.

Edit - there's a reason Lambert, AVB and Rodgers were given jobs this summer. All relatively young, all play good football but arguably all appointed with a (very?) long term vision. That's to build what I have outlined above. They've all replaced yesterdays men. Old school football men. Redknapp, Daglish and McCleish.

I've said it a couple of times before but if they think they've got concerns now they need to take a long look at Villa and see where they're heading. Only they won't be able to attract a manager anywhere near as good as Lambert to sort out Marty's mess.

I'd imagine they could find a manager with some pedigree to take over the job next, the problem of course is what that guy inherits.

The big concern for the Mackems (the sensible ones that is...............) is the O'Neill legacy. It's absolutely dire. He's paying overrated, old players top dollar.

Inheriting a squad with players like Cuellar (31), O'Shea (31), Titus (31), Brown (32), Bardsley (28), Vaughan (29), Saha (34) and even Sessegnon (28) just shouts out a massive lack of sustainability.

Unless their owner is literally going to throw good money after bad, how do you turn that situation around?

You sell.

Who do you sell? Johnson, Fletcher and potentially Cattermole are their only players worth anything.

Their next appointment is going to have to be an absolute masterstroke and somebody capable of not only getting a team performing but building an entire infrastructure (scouting networks etc etc) to enable them to compete.

Edit - there's a reason Lambert, AVB and Rodgers were given jobs this summer. All relatively young, all play good football but arguably all appointed with a (very?) long term vision. That's to build what I have outlined above. They've all replaced yesterdays men. Old school football men. Redknapp, Daglish and McCleish.

:yao:

You sell.

:yao:

Rightly or wrongly, he's seen as a long term appointment by them.

My point was that O'Neill is now a 'yesterday man' of football. The implication being he'll leave the Mackems in a stinking state.

Longer he stays the better. He'll give them hope, and that is what will kill them.

Even if he only stays another 18 months (I don't think he'll last that long personally), just stick another 18 months on top of the players I listed earlier.

You absolutely cane their resale value/ability/fitness/likelihood of injury.

It's like a vicious circle.

Longer he stays the better. He'll give them hope, and that is what will kill them.

Even if he only stays another 18 months (I don't think he'll last that long personally), just stick another 18 months on top of the players I listed earlier.

Also when he does go, where do they go next? Really this is it. If the fans get on the case of MoNg and his magic black cats tattoo, then who with any reputation will want to take them on?

They'll not get a high profile manager in, that means doing some actual work and picking someone from the lower leagues, upsetting the fans from the off and sticking by the decision when times are tough, and they will be for the reasons you point out.

Also when he does go, where do they go next? Really this is it. If the fans get on the case of MoNg and his magic black cats tattoo, then who with any reputation will want to take them on?

They'll not get a high profile manager in, that means doing some actual work and picking someone from the lower leagues, upsetting the fans from the off and sticking by the decision when times are tough, and they will be for the reasons you point out.

You're really looking at an absolutely masterstroke of an appointment, a wenger-esque appointment as Arsenal did back in the day.

Are their board capable of that? I don't see it.

If they appoint a relative unknown, will he get the time? I doubt it.

It's fucking fantastic to watch.