sunderland

JH

I'd take a 9-1 loss and a champions league spot

I wouldn't.

would be sickening of course but long-term we'd be in a much better position. Personally, I don't hate sunderland or even dislike them that much. They piss me off around derby day and sure of they started to beat us consistently it would be unbearable mainly because of their fans but one crushing result for big overall gains would be a fair exchange in my opinion

I wouldn't.

would be sickening of course but long-term we'd be in a much better position. Personally, I don't hate sunderland or even dislike them that much. They piss me off around derby day and sure of they started to beat us consistently it would be unbearable mainly because of their fans but one crushing result for big overall gains would be a fair exchange in my opinion

:scared:

Yeah, 9-1 loss and a Champions League spot here.

Mad not to.

not if you drew barcelona and they watched the video of how the fuck Mongs scored 9.

9-1 us in champions league and them relegated to third tier in two seasons would be a tempting trade.

I wouldn't.

Jesus, are you some kind of adult or something?

Were we to get the CL qualifying rounds, we'd invest further with the potential of 30 mill plus coming in. Not going to talk about the realistic prospects of us qualifying for something which is already a hypothesis, all the same, I'd take our chances

getting stuffed 9-1 off that horrible lot for a CL spot?  :yao:

easy way to rat out who isn't from the NE.

Whitley bay

then how can you justify that comment then?!

logic over sentiment

surely being a football fan as a whole is the best example of putting sentiment over logic? if we all put logic over sentiment we would probably stop putting up with watching this club :lol:

getting stuffed 9-1 off that horrible lot for a CL spot?  :yao:

easy way to rat out who isn't from the NE.

Whitley bay

then how can you justify that comment then?!

logic over sentiment

surely being a football fan as a whole is the best example of putting sentiment over logic? if we all put logic over sentiment we would probably stop putting up with watching this club :lol:

aye it is, costs a shitload, creates endless heartache and doesn't always make sense. Would you take a 9-1 loss off anyone else for a CL spot? I think everyone would. I don't expect many to agree with the point I made but that's fair enough

Guest Geordiesned

Sunderland Are Better Than Newcastle

By Ryan Doneathy

In the week leading up to the derby game, most of us get the same pre-match feelings. You know the ones I’m talking about. Your nerves begin to take over and your confidence is suddenly drained away from your system.

You aren’t quite as sure that we’re going to stuff the Mags as you were and even begin doubting yourself and your team.

To calm these nerves ALS have decided to bring you a few SAFC v NUFC facts to help your optimism return. The following stats are just a few of the many reasons as to why we are superior to our Black & White counterparts, why we have always been and why always will be...

1908 anyone? In 1908, Sunderland recorded the club’s biggest ever league victory and it’s a record that still stands 104 years on. Who were on the receiving end of that 9-1 spanking? None other than our nearest and dearest, Newcastle. Now, I don’t want to manipulate you into thinking that we’re going to repeat that triumph this weekend, but just remember that we’ve thumped them many times before and we can do it again. Nine goals may be over zealous, but a comfortable win isn’t out of the question.

One thing that often comes up in debates concerning the Wear/Tyne rivalry is ‘who is the bigger club’? The answer to this is based on history and more specifically top flight championship wins. The record books state that Sunderland have won the league title on six occasions, that's two more than our dirty neighbours. We also won the league most recently, back in 1936, whereas Newcastle last won the league 85 years ago in 1927.

Next up, out of the two clubs, Sunderland have won major silverware much more recently than Newcastle. Newcastle’s last major success was almost sixty years ago when the luckily lifted the FA Cup in 1955. We, of course, won the FA Cup in 1973.

Trophies aside, we’ve also got a more formidable record in terms of league points achieved. The biggest total Newcastle have ever recorded in one season is a modest 102, which pales in comparison to the whopping 105 points we managed, back in the 1998/1999 season!

But we aren’t just superior in terms of history and silverware, we’re also better supported. Newcastle’s highest ever crowd was a rather pitiful 68,386 while Sunderland can brag of having a record attendance of 75,118. I’d also guarantee to you that the 68,386 in attendance at St. James’ that day were all stupid, overweight and nowhere near as handsome as the 75,118 beautiful people who attended Sunderland’s game against Derby County.

Whilst on the topic of fans, those who attend the Wonga Dome these days have an unfounded sense of superiority, but why? Much is said about the Keegan era, with Newcastle supporters even referring it to their halcyon days. But was it all that heavenly, though? Did they win anything? NO! Personally, I enjoyed them blowing a 13 point lead over Manchester United before pathetically surrendering the Premier League title in embarrassing circumstances and let's not forget Keegan’s “I’d love it” tirade.

It's also common knowledge that Sunderland possess much better looking women than Newcastle, a city full of fat and ugly women, or ‘dogs’ as Freddy Shepherd once correctly called them.

So, in conclusion, we hope to have amused and reassured ahead of the derby game and remember next time some fat Geordie gob shite sparks up with his delusions of grandeur, ram the above facts right down his throat...

Clutching. At. Straws. :lol: