sunderland

JH

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the blue hell is this class thing all about.

Bald men fighting over a comb.

Interesting metaphor. Elaborate.

Many mackems claim they're the 'classy' club/fans as do many pockets of support from other teams when in my opinion few, if any, football fans/clubs are classy.

Agreed. Most clubs, including ours, sing your support is f'ing shit, some comment on disasters in celebration and it is apparent that an element of their lot; commemorate tackles/fouls on mag players, demonstrate a far higher tolerance of racism on one of their main forums (that said I can't vouch for toontastic or skunkers) and yet still persist on some benal, abstract notion of class. Our club is far from classy; owners and the conduct of the past few years are testament to that. If class is them main stick they beat us with then fuck me, what a tinpot shitbag bunch of smalltimers. We already knew that though. Winds me up anyway so well done Mackems I suppose thats another small degree of solace to go along with 'class.' Bunch of bumnuggets.

They only try and use the class thing as something tangible as they've got nothing else going for them, so that's the best thing that they can say even though we know it's so far removed from the truth.

the thing is with that place the knackers are really prominent. many times their own have called them on it, from "we smash phone boxes", some of their own replied with "our lot smash trains up", from "nufc being the worlds worst racists" because of something that happened near 30 yrs ago, some of their own said "it was exactly the same at roker back then".

for  a few of them, they have largely given up on the football so need an unquantifiable tpo try and get one over on us and many of them find that embarrassing.

Both 'class' and '9-1' only entered the Mackem lexicon after they were absolutely harrowed by the 5-1, about 10 minutes after they'd been sure our relegation meant it was their turn for an extended period of dominance. Going into this match they were still sure we were a championship level yo-yo club and were relishing the prospect of demolishing us. All of that crumbled in 90 minutes and they desperately needed to clutch at a straw to beat us with, however flaccid. I don't think any of them genuinely think their club is seen as 'classy' by neutrals or even classier than ours, or that anyone outside of Wearside (or even in Wearside pre-2010) knows or cares that Sunderland beat us 9-1 in an age where football was so different that the modern offside rule didn't exist and Newcastle were winning the league.

The reason it seems so bizarre is that it's a collective expression if one of the stages of post traumatic stress

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the blue hell is this class thing all about.

Bald men fighting over a comb.

Interesting metaphor. Elaborate.

Many mackems claim they're the 'classy' club/fans as do many pockets of support from other teams when in my opinion few, if any, football fans/clubs are classy.

many are classy, if we are talking decent, well behaved etc, i'd say most fans are of most clubs, but there are a minority, and sadly i think it's a growing minority who are completely twatful.

Both 'class' and '9-1' only entered the Mackem lexicon after they were absolutely harrowed by the 5-1, about 10 minutes after they'd been sure our relegation meant it was their turn for an extended period of dominance. Going into this match they were still sure we were a championship level yo-yo club and were relishing the prospect of demolishing us. All of that crumbled in 90 minutes and they desperately needed to clutch at a straw to beat us with, however flaccid. I don't think any of them genuinely think their club is seen as 'classy' by neutrals or even classier than ours, or that anyone outside of Wearside (or even in Wearside pre-2010) knows or cares that Sunderland beat us 9-1 in an age where football was so different that the modern offside rule didn't exist and Newcastle were winning the league.

shush man, you'll have wireside claiming thats why we won it.

I always particularly enjoy the odd rendition of 'Sunderland's a massive club'.  I remember it being sung at the 1-0 away at Arsenal after the 5-1 repeatedly.  Doesn't get enough of an airing..

It needs a slight revisit/refresh/additions, such as .....

You have to come to Newcastle, to fly to Spain (stolen of facebook)

You turned down the Olympics, to see Coldplay

Ryan you're gonna miss, but its over the wall

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=736409

Tries to get bite from visiting Mags

Causes 6 pages of mackems having to grudgingly concede what a f***ing brilliant player he was.

good player, but he won fuck all except relegation.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=736409#ixzz29TGx7hbl

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/1/15/1263566832399/Alan-Shearer-001.jpg