sunderland

JH

Well no, aside from living in Minority Report there's no way of knowing if other managers or players secretly want to Nazi salute, racially abuse or stab to death, so we'll just have to judge people on their actions.

There is some absolute nonsense being spouted in this thread "football and politics are separate" FFS :lol: Though I disagree, I have no problem with those saying they should be separate but to ignore even something as close to home as the old firm is ridiculous.

The fact he's been given so many chances to say he's not a fascist and refused (obviously not wanting to upset his old Lazio mates) makes the statement about it being 'insulting' to suggest he might be look pretty stupid.

From what I've read his politics are a bit more complex than people seem to making out. He doesn't seem to be racist, it's never been a problem at any previous club and even his comments about Mussolini aren't as simple as saying "I love Mussolini, he was right about everything".

Also heard James Richardson talking about the Italian culture and how they are more willing to see the good points of public figures even if they have also done, or been involved in, pretty bad things. Unlike the UK, where we are almost not allowed to take any time to discuss anyone who was on the wrong side of WW2.

Anyway, if I was a Sunderland fan I would be more worried about the fact that he is a total mentalist than a fascist.

(I do agree the Sunderland statement is silly though)

The miners thing is really big considering where the stadium is built an why it carries its name, nevermind the history of the people, but rtg just aren't arsed about any of it, a tradition they've played up for years thrown away for this man. Unbelievable.

Guest neesy111

From what I've read his politics are a bit more complex than people seem to making out. He doesn't seem to be racist, it's never been a problem at any previous club

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2144433/Paulo-di-Canio-race-storm-sparks-FA-investigation.html

Interesting, I didn't remember that. Was he ever charged?

I don't think he was, but he was disciplined internally by Swindon and almost got sacked from what I remember.

The miners thing is really big considering where the stadium is built an why it carries its name, nevermind the history of the people, but rtg just aren't arsed about any of it, a tradition they've played up for years thrown away for this man. Unbelievable.

Indeed, didn't Bob Murray say the SoL was named as such because of the links to mining and the miner's lamp ?

Getting very messy down there.

From what I've read his politics are a bit more complex than people seem to making out. He doesn't seem to be racist, it's never been a problem at any previous club

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2144433/Paulo-di-Canio-race-storm-sparks-FA-investigation.html

I don't think he was, but he was disciplined internally by Swindon and almost got sacked from what I remember.

No doubt he probably has some 'interesting' views!

Ian W for Colo's replacement, easily the best defender of everything and anyone I've ever witnessed.

Jesus man, I'm just trying to have a discussion about it. I thought the issue of Italian cultural views was pretty interesting when I heard it.

Indeed, didn't Bob Murray say the SoL was named as such because of the links to mining and the miner's lamp ?

Local History, it's all they've got. Start taking that away from them then what do they end up as? Laughable so many fans have brushed it all aside for someone with no connections to them and a hugely dodgy past. Least he's not a mag though, that's worse (they are actually saying this btw) :lol:

Guest neesy111

Local History, it's all they've got. Start taking that away from them then what do they end up as? Laughable so many fans have brushed it all aside for someone with no connections to them and a hugely dodgy past. Least he's not a mag though, that's worse (they are actually saying this btw) :lol:

The thing is a good majority of Sunderland's support is in Durham with massive links to mining etc.  It's a massive blow PR wise to Sunderland with big potential consequences down the line.

Don't think there was ever a decision in the end by the FA but Swindon admitted it was true:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18245752

He's obviously of questionable character but I find this media driven furore intriguing as there was no backlash when oligarchs fresh from stealing billions of national wealth invested in the PL.

This. Rivalry aside, I've been astounded by the scant disregard for values, history and heritage.  In particular, some of the stuff I've seen posted about the issue with the mining banner is particularly awful and distasteful.  "Wipe my arse on it and give it back" and "burn it", even "this city was built on shipbuilding, not mining".  All this in support of a guy who, at that point, hadn't even taken a training session.  It's astounding, and incredibly sad.  Talk about selling out.  Either that, or it demonstrates that they have no knoweldge of their local history, in which case, replace selling out with thick as mince.

He's obviously of questionable character but I find this media driven furore intriguing as there was no backlash when oligarchs fresh from stealing billions of national wealth invested in the PL.

There was some outrage. And people probably said "where was the outrage when Barclays sponsored the league?" And when people questioned that it would have been "where was the outrage when murdoch got his claws into the game?" You can't have a negative opinion on anything as long as someone can find something dubious you've not devoted exactly as many words and minutes to.

This. Rivalry aside, I've been astounded by the scant disregard for values, history and heritage.  In particular, some of the stuff I've seen posted about the issue with the mining banner is particularly awful and distasteful.  "Wipe my arse on it and give it back" and "burn it", even "this city was built on shipbuilding, not mining".  All this in support of a guy who, at that point, hadn't even taken a training session.  It's astounding, and incredibly sad.  Talk about selling out.  Either that, or it demonstrates that they have no knoweldge of their local history, in which case, replace selling out with thick as mince.

Crackers man, to think the ground is built on a site which was the largest mine in Sunderland, the very last one standing, ending hundreds of years of tradition and then the ground named in honour of it, to then dismiss all that with the talk of "Wipe my arse on it and give it back" and "burn it", even "this city was built on shipbuilding, not mining" its sickening, disrespectful and very sad for the region. It really has nothing left, nothing is sacred, like you say totally sold out and for nothing.

If i were them out of all of this that would hurt the most, I'm deeply proud of my roots, the things my family went through and appreciate the lives they lived, none of that seems to matter to them. They really are sub human scummy wankers, it makes me sick to think they live so close to us and that everyone else associates them with us due to proximity.

There was some outrage. And people probably said "where was the outrage when Barclays sponsored the league?" And when people questioned that it would have been "where was the outrage when murdoch got his claws into the game?" You can't have a negative opinion on anything as long as someone can find something dubious you've not devoted exactly as many words and minutes to.

True.

As we all know the media love their buzz words and easy rabble rousing to stir up copy. This nutter is a fascist in many senses of the word, but people need to research 'the real Nazis' before they throw everybody down the well. :lol: