Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MalcolmW

The pre-groups are out:

Its Tromso (Norway) or Atromitos (Greece) or Anzhi (Russia) or Neftchi (Azerbaijan) or Vaslui (Roumania) - this latter are unseeded because, technically, the Cypriots have not yet been thrown out after last night's fiasco.

I know we'd be expected to beat all of them but I'd prefer if we get Anzhi, as I still don't trust us in cup competitions against sides we're supposed to beat! Can never seem to raise our game/replicate the hunger of the opposition.

Also, be fun to see Eto'o and Samba etc :)

The pre-groups are out:

Its Tromso (Norway) or Atromitos (Greece) or Anzhi (Russia) or Neftchi (Azerbaijan) or Vaslui (Roumania) - this latter are unseeded because, technically, the Cypriots have not yet been thrown out after last night's fiasco.

Doesn't Giggs play for Tromso?

Think we could beat them Anzhi to be honest. :dontknow: It would be far from a forgone conclusion anyway, spunking loads of money on decent players doesn't make a good team.

We could beat them, theirs a reason why with even all those players they finished away from the top of their division.

The thing is though you can't deny that they have some very dangerous players who we would want to keep away from.

Think we could beat them Anzhi to be honest. :dontknow: It would be far from a forgone conclusion anyway, spunking loads of money on decent players doesn't make a good team.

We could beat them, theirs a reason why with even all those players they finished away from the top of their division.

The thing is though you can't deny that they have some very dangerous players who we would want to keep away from.

Oh of course it'd be tougher than some of the ties we could get, but I wouldn't be particularly worried either. I'd still feel pretty confident of going through over two legs. Like you say, they only finished 5th last year which given the money they've spent is really quite unimpressive.

Last time Etoo played two legs against us we won something like 7-1 on aggregate :lol:

Travelling to Moscow souns a much better prospect than Dagestan, presume it might be less of a hostile atmosphere

Bit s*** how they've done this, was expecting to go into the draw thinking we could get drawn against any one of the unseeded teams. What's the reasoning for this groups carry on?

To fix it for the scousers to get the easiest possible route to the final.

For anyone interested, the draw for the CL Play-offs:

FC Basel 1893 (SUI) v CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU)

Helsingborgs IF (SWE) v Celtic FC (SCO)

FC BATE Borisov (BLR) v Hapoel Kiryat Shmona FC (ISR)

AEL Limassol FC (CYP) v RSC Anderlecht (BEL)

GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v NK Maribor (SVN)

SC Braga (POR) v Udinese Calcio (ITA)

FC Spartak Moskva (RUS) v Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)

Málaga CF (ESP) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)

VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) v FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) v FC København (DEN)

Lets hope Copenhagen knock Lille out, making even more difficult for them to keep Debuchy.