Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah, Lazio is one of the teams I least want, along with Benfica, and Spurs or Chelsea, and Rubin Kazan.  Or Fenerbahce.

So you want Basel? :lol:

Before people get carried away with Basel, didnt they eliminate or beat Man utd in the last couple of years? Probably the best draw we can get but still, would count our Chickens/horsemeat just yet...

They beat Man Utd the season we played them. Unless I'm mistaken we are the only English club to beat them.

Guest Roger Kint

Before people get carried away with Basel, didnt they eliminate or beat Man utd in the last couple of years? Probably the best draw we can get but still, would count our Chickens/horsemeat just yet...

They beat Man Utd the season we played them. Unless I'm mistaken we are the only English club to beat them.

He means last years Champions League

Guest Roger Kint

There any tv coverage of the draw or just the Uefa site?

Might be on SSN

Just checked myself (lazy bastard) it's on Eurosport

Totally forgot that channel existed

Istanbul is the best city I've ever been to. Shame about the closed doors thing.

I love it and will probably move there in the next couple of years. Would recommend the trip to anyone if we happen to draw Fener. Jump on flights early and you can get Easyjet or Pegasus for under £100 too. Fantastic city and changing so fast...very wealthy and dynamic now but still so atmospheric. Just hope the religious government don't screw it up.

How expensive is it to live in a decent part of the city? Any idea? I had the best time ever there, absolutely loved it.

It's really gone up. As a point of reference, a mate bought a whole building in Taksim (noisy but central) for around £30,000 in 2006. It's now comfortably worth £300,000. I have a three bed flat on the edge of Nisantasi which is a very decent central area, and it rents for around 1700 Lira a month, which is £600-£650. However, it really should rent for a lot more. I rent it cheap as the bathroom and kitchen haven't been changed since the 70's and the tenant agreed to renovate at their cost...plus she is super reliable and pays the rent on time. Probably looking at £800-£1000 a month for something decent, more for a Bosphorus view. You might get cheaper on the Asian side in Moda or Fenerbahce. The great thing is that although new builds can go for well over £1million, the older properties aren't so popular now due to earthquake risk and a new government policy. There's still value there.

A mate of mine rents flats to tourists starting at about £50 a night. http://www.istanbulsweethome.com I'll be trying to book one of those if we draw Fener. PM me if you want extra info on areas and websites for property etc.

Wish I'd known about it in 2006! Still quite a lot cheaper than London though, for example. Anyway, amazing city and I will go back ASAP.