Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Based on very little other than a hunch I reckon we'll get Kazan. I really hope we get Basel though, probably the best draw we could wish for.

Well, we're 2-0 against the Slavs so far.

How hard would it be to get a ticket for the finals? I'm sure me getting one off the club would be out of the question, but surely there are plenty of "neutral" tickets going around?

I had a look at tickets for the final. Tickets to international fans went on sale between jan and feb. what a load of rubbish that is! Still if we make the final. I'm going to amsterdam.

was it the 1/4's of the UEFA Cup where Dyer put us 1-0 up away to Sporting and 2-0 on agg, only to absolutely fuck it up in the 2nd half and lose 3-1? Biggest missed opportunity since our 12pt lead in the prem.

Its strange but i think i'm more confident against Spurs or Chelsea than i am against some random european side, mainly because i know we can beat them ( we already have this season) and against some other sides they are a bit of an unknown quantity.

I'm the opposite. :lol:

I think we'd take most of the other teams, particularly if we have to bring them back here for the second leg, but Chelsea and Spurs have the odd world class player who could just turn it on.

Chelsea I'm not as concerned by oddly (not with Rafa anyway!).

I'd be worried by what AVB could do if he took the competition seriously (which I think he will) and analysed our weaknesses, and sent his Spurs team out to attack those.

I had to look it up because it's been so long - the last time we got to the quarter finals of something was in back in 2006.  We got knocked out in the QFs of the FA cup and the League Cup that year.  Both to Chelsea.

I've just jinxed us, haven't I?

Don't want Rubin either, time to go somewhere else than eastern Europe. We seem to be hacking it over there though...

I genuinely think we can beat any of these sides, Chelsea and Spurs obviously the biggest threats. The latter collapsed without Bale last night (not saying they can't play without him and they probably will have him back), and Chelsea still under some sort of crisis despite recent results. Torres is shocking and Demba can't play in Europe.

Benfica is a very good side as well. The one I fear the most outside of Chelsea and Spurs.

I hope the draw is:

Newcastle vs Basel

Chelsea vs Spurs

Benfica vs Rubin

Fenerbache vs Lazio

Me anarl

And me, that's exactly what we all agreed on in the pub last night.

Nailed on we'll get Spurs.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't really care as long as we don't get Chelsea or Spurs.

This. Nowt worse than a European game against English sides.

Before people get carried away with Basel, didnt they eliminate or beat Man utd in the last couple of years? Probably the best draw we can get but still, would count our Chickens/horsemeat just yet...