Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We get through some scrapes though eh. If that Maritimo clogger had scored that sitter against us in the 85th minute or whatever, we'd have been out on our arses at the group stage :lol:

Then the freekick tonight.

Funny old game.

This is the kind of luck we never get in cups. We're definitely going to win this then beat Barca in the Super Cup. Definitely.

Is this year different then? Every year for both cups I swear they do semis at the same time. 100% champions league

Aye, the commentators in the Barcelona game mentioned that they've changed it in the Champions League this year.

We get through some scrapes though eh. If that Maritimo clogger had scored that sitter against us in the 85th minute or whatever, we'd have been out on our arses at the group stage :lol:

Then the freekick tonight.

Funny old game.

This is the kind of luck we never get in cups. We're definitely going to win this then beat Barca in the Super Cup. Definitely.

Notice that kind of stuff/pay it too much attention and you end up with a Bradford situation. Don't anti-re-jinx it, man.

Now three English clubs are through to the quarters, I fully expect the quality of the teams in this competition to be retrospectively downgraded by fans of other clubs. Full of semi-pro teams from the Faroe Islands and Malta.

UEFA needs to sort themselves out and move this competition to Tuesdays/Wednesdays during the weeks when there's no Champions League games on. Would do wonders for the competition and its reputation.

In order of preference:

Basel

Lazio

Fenerbache

Rubin Kazan

Benfica

Chelsea

Spurs

Really? Thought you'd much rather want Kazan or Fenerbahce before Lazio.

Aye i would as well, Lazio are very very good and have an excellent tactical mind for a manager.

I think we could do them if Debuchy, Gouffran, Ben Arfa and Cabaye were available but fact is they won't be.

That's one of the main reasons i'm not extremely confident we have so much offensive talent missing, we can't keep clean sheets against everyone.

Oh well anything is a bonus for me now, i never expected to get anywhere near this far.

UEFA needs to sort themselves out and move this competition to Tuesdays/Wednesdays during the weeks when there's no Champions League games on. Would do wonders for the competition and its reputation.

When I run FIFA, I'm going to move Europa League to Tuesday. Champions League Wednesday & Thursday - most of the CL clubs play Sunday anyway for TV so let them play Thursday, people will watch Champions League any night.

In order of preference:

Basel

Lazio

Fenerbache

Rubin Kazan

Benfica

Chelsea

Spurs

Aye i would as well, Lazio are very very good and have an excellent tactical mind for a manager.

I think we could do them if Debuchy, Gouffran, Ben Arfa and Cabaye were available but fact is they won't be.

That's one of the main reasons i'm not extremely confident we have so much offensive talent missing, we can't keep clean sheets against everyone.

Oh well anything is a bonus for me now, i never expected to get anywhere near this far.

Hatty and Cabaye might be fit. Believe, yo. Believe.

In order of preference:

Basel

Lazio

Fenerbache

Rubin Kazan

Benfica

Chelsea

Spurs

Hatty and Cabaye might be fit. Believe, yo. Believe.

Stop that.

When I run FIFA, I'm going to move Europa League to Tuesday. Champions League Wednesday & Thursday - most of the CL clubs play Sunday anyway for TV so let them play Thursday, people will watch Champions League any night.

I just don't like the idea of cramming all the Europa League games into one night, and they simply can't overlap with CL games or no one will care about them. IIRC, the quarter finals will be the first time that the CL teams play consecutive weeks this season, it surely would have been possible to fit the Europa League fixtures in when the CL teams aren't playing.

Its strange but i think i'm more confident against Spurs or Chelsea than i am against some random european side, mainly because i know we can beat them ( we already have this season) and against some other sides they are a bit of an unknown quantity.

Here is my draw prediction.

Chelsea      V Lazio

Tottenham  V Fenerbache

Benfica        V Rubin Kazan

Basel          V Newcastle

Make of it as you like.

I'd use small a 'v' personally and why are they centralised for no reason? Lack of draw methodology also lets this work down too. 4/10.