Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its strange but i think i'm more confident against Spurs or Chelsea than i am against some random european side, mainly because i know we can beat them ( we already have this season) and against some other sides they are a bit of an unknown quantity.

Chelsea I think we could beat over two legs, Spurs would be more difficult, though I think we could beat them on a one on one match I think it would be much more difficult in two legs. We are capable of it, Spurs for me are the team I'm mostly concerned about.

If somehow we won this competition I have a mint song we can sing.

We went to Amsterdam, we went to Amsterdam,

We went to Amsterdam, smoked a joint, shag a whore,

and all we got was this Cup.

And here's me thinking John Lennon was dead? Evidently not.

Absolute fucking shite.

this may well have already been answered but are they drawing the quarters and semi tomorrow or just the quarter final?

Also while we play Fulham and Sunderland around the quarter final,  Spurs who will still be prioritising getting in top 4 have Everton at home before going away to Chelsea!  it might not be a bad time to play Spurs in Europe.  Chelsea have a home game against the mackems before playing Spurs.

I'll take Basel or Fener. Think we could beat either over two legs and I'm regularly in Istanbul anyway so would definitely combine a trip there. Some people think it's a dodgy place to go but it's not really...reasonably temperate this time of year too at around 15C and much better then a trip to Russia. Wouldn't want either of the English sides and think we could struggle against Benfica or Lazio. Let them take each other down and then face one of them in the semis if we get through....

Here is my draw prediction.

Chelsea      v Lazio

Tottenham  v Fenerbache

Benfica        v Rubin Kazan

Basel          v Newcastle

Make of it as you like.

- Stifler, 2013.

I'll take Basel or Fener. Think we could beat either over two legs and I'm regularly in Istanbul anyway so would definitely combine a trip there. Some people think it's a dodgy place to go but it's not really...reasonably temperate this time of year too at around 15C and much better then a trip to Russia. Wouldn't want either of the English sides and think we could struggle against Benfica or Lazio. Let them take each other down and then face one of them in the semis if we get through....

Except if we draw Fenerbahce it would be played behind closed doors.

I thought that was only a one match ban for fans which would now have been served? Lazio was two? Might be wrong mind...even better if that's true.

I thought that was only a one match ban for fans which would now have been served? Lazio was two? Might be wrong mind...even better if that's true.

Both were 2 games.

Istanbul is the best city I've ever been to. Shame about the closed doors thing.

I love it and will probably move there in the next couple of years. Would recommend the trip to anyone if we happen to draw Fener. Jump on flights early and you can get Easyjet or Pegasus for under £100 too. Fantastic city and changing so fast...very wealthy and dynamic now but still so atmospheric. Just hope the religious government don't screw it up.

Both were 2 games.

So if Lazio and Fenerbahce draw each other then no fans will attend either game.  :lol:

Istanbul is the best city I've ever been to. Shame about the closed doors thing.

I love it and will probably move there in the next couple of years. Would recommend the trip to anyone if we happen to draw Fener. Jump on flights early and you can get Easyjet or Pegasus for under £100 too. Fantastic city and changing so fast...very wealthy and dynamic now but still so atmospheric. Just hope the religious government don't screw it up.

How expensive is it to live in a decent part of the city? Any idea? I had the best time ever there, absolutely loved it.

How expensive is it to live in a decent part of the city? Any idea? I had the best time ever there, absolutely loved it.

It's really gone up. As a point of reference, a mate bought a whole building in Taksim (noisy but central) for around £30,000 in 2006. It's now comfortably worth £300,000. I have a three bed flat on the edge of Nisantasi which is a very decent central area, and it rents for around 1700 Lira a month, which is £600-£650. However, it really should rent for a lot more. I rent it cheap as the bathroom and kitchen haven't been changed since the 70's and the tenant agreed to renovate at their cost...plus she is super reliable and pays the rent on time. Probably looking at £800-£1000 a month for something decent, more for a Bosphorus view. You might get cheaper on the Asian side in Moda or Fenerbahce. The great thing is that although new builds can go for well over £1million, the older properties aren't so popular now due to earthquake risk and a new government policy. There's still value there.

A mate of mine rents flats to tourists starting at about £50 a night. http://www.istanbulsweethome.com I'll be trying to book one of those if we draw Fener. PM me if you want extra info on areas and websites for property etc.

I still think that this read that they had a one match sanction (last night), unlike Lazio who had last night and another.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1925336.html