Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Guest Craig-NUFC

If you play 4-3-3, then the midfield needs to be involved, rather than bypassed with a long ball.

Abeid needs to come on for Raylor (though Perch is coming on by the looks of it. Clearly the logical decision to make in this situation is to put a CB on in CM instead of the 2 midfielders sat on the bench)

Gutierrez, Ben Arfa and Best need to pick a position and stick to it, or at least pick the right moment to switch, instead of running all over the place causing the midfield to lose shape completely

Third game in a row that we've been getting exploited by a high line. Defence needs to drop a bit deeper and push Blackburn back by getting out quicker when we're in possession, rather than by hanging on the half way line.

Guest bimpy474

Detestable bunch of players at Blackburn.

They all fall to the ground at the hint of another player bearing down on them.

Disgusting.

Aye they are diving about.

There was an unbelievable piece of selfishness by Ben Arfa. He had the chance to cross the ball from well inside the penalty area, but kept trying to beat his man time and again, like he was trying to walk it in. He wasted our best situation of the half.

He wants a good kicking.

As people have been saying recently, just needs to simplify tries to do to much.

No use having HBA on the pitch if we cant even get hold of the ball. I was on about this yesterday and I will say it again, we need somene to get stuck into their midfield. Raylor cannot do sh*t now that he has a yellow. Might as well sub him and bring on Perch (reluctantly)

Williamson is all over the place. FFS. Watford must be enjoying this!!

Fucking Hoillet, what a diving cunt he is. Nobody anywhere near him, how Phil Dowd missed the dive is beyond me.

He is as poor as us, the 4th official seen it, I am sure its what he was trying to tell Dowd but he fkn ignored him.

He was telling him about Pardew complaining apparently.

What a fucking grass

:D

There was an unbelievable piece of selfishness by Ben Arfa. He had the chance to cross the ball from well inside the penalty area, but kept trying to beat his man time and again, like he was trying to walk it in. He wasted our best situation of the half.

He wants a good kicking.

It wasn't selfishness, it was poor play. He did beat his man and put himself in position to cross, but took a heavy touch.

He wants a good kicking.

And yet at the same time that was the closest we got to the goal all half, of his own work.

Aye, would be madness to take Ben Arfa off, he's the only player on the pitch who can break down a stubborn defence on his own. When the other attacking options are as dire as ours are tonight he's vital, regardless of how frustrating he can be.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

No use having HBA on the pitch if we cant even get hold of the ball. I was on about this yesterday and I will say it again, we need somene to get stuck into their midfield. Raylor cannot do sh*t now that he has a yellow. Might as well sub him and bring on Perch (reluctantly)

Williamson is all over the place. FFS. Watford must be enjoying this!!

Agree with that. Ben Arfa will try to drag us forward when we're in this kind of state and most likely end up losing it in the process. We need a foothold in the game

Guest pintofscottsellers

Just got in from football, listened to the last 20 mins on the radio on the way home, we sounded shite like, how is Shola still starting ffs.

Guest bimpy474

is pardew plain stupid or just clueless?  its hard to tell.

Hope he's lucky myself.

shocking

Lucky manager in general, not just this game ;)