Rangers Newco

Decky

Just let them die, go one club per city to encourage local support.

Just imagine if it was us and Sunderland.

You would just go and support them as  the local team then?

Thats not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking about the fans from all over Scotland who follow one of celtic or rangers instead of their local side.  Rangers fans can go die in a fire for all i care about them.

Thats not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking about the fans from all over Scotland who follow one of celtic or rangers instead of their local side.  Rangers fans can go die in a fire for all i care about them.

But if you only allow 1 club per city then that would mean the end for a few clubs, Hearts and Hibs are both from Edinburgh, Dundee and Dundee United, what about the other clubs in Glasgow?, Clyde, Greenock etc?

Guest Howaythetoon

I feel sorry for the fans who are the only legitimate people in all of this mess. It is the real crooks, criminals, spivs and mercenaries who should be penalised and not the actual football club which is essentially the fans and the badge. The same applies to all football clubs. I would like to see the powers that be set up some kind of leglislation that protects fans/club when directors, owners etc. carry out illegal shit or basically fuck up financially.

That's strange. I've only heard that expression used once before - and it was by a Gers fan.

It is the fans I feel sorry for and the players I suppose. The fan certainley have done little wrong apart from support their team througth thick or thin. I am sure some opposing fans would say we're a bunch of kuntz if we were in a similar situation.

The players are somewhat innocent too. Ok some of them have taken a high wage in the past but would any of us turn down lucrative contracts if offered. The players however, are likely to play decent level football again, whereas the fans will have to support a 4th tier team, or the club could go completely into oblivion.

Some people need to do time over this mess.

Newco Rangers will not get votes for SPL transfer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

A newco Rangers will be refused admittance to the Scottish Premier League, with six clubs publicly saying they will vote against the application.

St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Inverness announced their opposition on Monday, following in the footsteps of Hearts, Dundee United and Hibernian.

Rangers require an 8-4 majority in the 4 July vote to transfer their share in the league to Charles Green's newco.

Green's club is now likely to apply to play in the Scottish Football League.

Rangers, champions of Scotland a record 54 times, lost their the SPL place when the old company was consigned to liquidation earlier this month.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne said: "I can confirm it is our intention to oppose readmission to the SPL for any Rangers newco.

"If readmission were to be refused, we believe the appropriate course of action would be for Rangers newco to apply for membership to the SFA and to submit an application for admission to the SFL."

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron said the club would be in an "untenable position" if they ignored the wishes of their supporters.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne will vote no to newco Rangers' SPL application

"We have listened to all our customers and taken the decision and we now look forward to their support going forward," he said.

"Financially, we examined the various scenarios and, frankly, none of them were positive for our club. It is extremely disappointing to be adversely affected by something not of our doing.

"We have also been contacted by supporters of various other SPL clubs, saying they would not be back to Inverness if we did not accept that sporting integrity was what mattered, but this is something that we had already considered and it is not only the integrity of the SPL that is at stake but the integrity of Scottish football.

"It is quite clear, that supporter opinion in Scotland overwhelming supports that view."

St Johnstone later added: "The board believes that sporting integrity should not be sacrificed in favour of economic expediency.

"It is important that a clear and unambiguous message goes out from the custodians of Scottish football that this sort of scenario should never be allowed to happen again."

Hibernian's Rod Petrie had been the first chairman to say that the integrity of the competition should come before financial considerations .

And on Sunday night the Edinburgh club released a statement saying: "Following a board meeting, Hibernian confirm the club will vote against the transfer of the Rangers share in the SPL.

"This reaffirms the view of the board that the sporting integrity of the SPL is of paramount importance.

"The board is also acutely aware that in making this decision, Hibernian - like other clubs in the SPL - will suffer collateral financial damage at a time of severe economic hardship and uncertainty."

Hearts were first to announce their decision before Dundee United chairman Steven Thompson followed suit after a meeting with fans' groups.

The vacancy in Scotland's top flight could instead be taken by either relegated Dunfermline or First Division runners-up Dundee.

Rangers were forced into administration in February over an unpaid tax bill and failure to secure a CVA [company voluntary arrangement] in order to exit the process allowed Green to purchase the club's assets in a £5.5m deal.

The new owners own Ibrox so yes.

Will the official vote still take place, seems like no point, I suppose for it to be "legal" the SFA will have to have the official voting process.

Still can't believe that the owners are trying to force players to TUPE. Surely their lawyers know they haven't a leg to stand on?

I would imagine alot of their support will stay loyal, so will probably by far have the biggest attendances in Div 3 (if they end up there) however, playing staff could be an issue. I can't see how the can uphold their insistence on players stay against their will, so they'll be looking at rebuilding a big chunk of their squad. However, they should be able to pick up the cream of the crop from the lower divisons.

It is the fans I feel sorry for and the players I suppose. The fan certainley have done little wrong apart from support their team througth thick or thin. I am sure some opposing fans would say we're a bunch of kuntz if we were in a similar situation.

The players are somewhat innocent too. Ok some of them have taken a high wage in the past but would any of us turn down lucrative contracts if offered. The players however, are likely to play decent level football again, whereas the fans will have to support a 4th tier team, or the club could go completely into oblivion.

Some people need to do time over this mess.

You're right, the fans haven't done anything wrong in this case, but it's not been through thick and thin but thick and thick, at least partly as a direct result of the management's shenanigans. That's the grey area. Rangers as a club have profited by cheating at the expense of other clubs. There has got to be some form of punishment that reflects that.

I know they haven't suffered the thins that a lot of other clubs have but, they have been loyal and I'm sure they'll by far have the biggest following in the lower divisions even if its not quite on par with their current following. There is no question, regardless of the fans that Rangers the football club need severe punishment. I'd be very surprised if criminal preceedings are not brought forward at some point. I bet there are some very twitchy businessmen connected to Rangers at the moment after the news about Stathclyde police. Just hope somewhere in their past that there is evidence against twitchy face arry somehwere (one can hope)

It's no surprise all these clubs are now coming out voting no, why? Because it's irrelevant, there will be no official vote. The leagues are set to be hastily restructured. Rangers will be in league 1

Jimmy Carr's reported tax avoidance (which was legal by the laws of this land) doesn't add up to anything compared to Rangers' illegal tax evasion. The people who were in charge of Rangers have robbed the British tax payer of a potential £70m+.

Scottish Premiership teams worrying about loss of earnings due to Rangers being gone will just have to cut their cloth accordingly. Sell some players to make up the shortfall.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised SPL (Self-Preservation League) teams have decided to go down this route. A victory for the fans and sporting integrity really. However, parachuting a brand new club into Division 1 will be an equally as big a disgrace as had they been let into the SPL. Why should clubs like Berwick live within their means, contest without cheating or running themselves into the ground, and be leagues below a new team who only exist because their previous old-co cheated, built up debt and ran them into the ground.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised SPL (Self-Preservation League) teams have decided to go down this route. A victory for the fans and sporting integrity really. However, parachuting a brand new club into Division 1 will be an equally as big a disgrace as had they been let into the SPL. Why should clubs like Berwick live within their means, contest without cheating or running themselves into the ground, and be leagues below a new team who only exist because their previous old-co cheated, built up debt and ran them into the ground.

Don't understand how this can happen anyway without the agreement of the clubs of the SFL, and why would they agree to it?