Rangers Newco

Decky

I don't understand why making Rangers start at the bottom is such a bad thing. Surely it's a shot in the arm of the lower divisions it has to play through?

What if people in the lower divisions have no interest in 17th century politics though?

Seems like there's money to be had in being hated by other teams. Someone should start a heel club on the Scottish borders called 'Fuck the Jocks FC' with a first team strip based on the St George's Cross.

The coach on the sidelines would actually be an actor, playing a monocled toff with interviews scripted to rile the Scottish.

Sell out crowds full of beetroot-faced away fans shouting abuse for 90 mins.

I don't understand why making Rangers start at the bottom is such a bad thing. Surely it's a shot in the arm of the lower divisions it has to play through?

Nobody cares about the small clubs though. It's all about the SPL, and the TV deal they have with Sky could be in jeopardy if Rangers and Celtic aren't in the top flight together after next season.

Putting Rangers in Division 1 means they're all but guaranteed promotion to the SPL and then you've got the Old Firm together to keep Sky happy.

It would be a disgrace if they got into SFL1, but it isn't guaranteed they would get promotion. They've not got many players signed up at the moment and won't exactly have much money to improve the squad. A club like Falkirk or Dunfermline could top that league.

What, 2 weeks before the start of the season? With a shit manager and players who aren't even a 'team' yet? Don't get me wrong, they would be one of the favorites, but it isn't a given they would win the league.

Someone representing the Rangers Fans Club or whatever said that the majority of the fans would actually like to see Rangers start from the 3rd Division and give a boost to the lower leagues.

They're also probably conscious of their rivals using any perceived unfair advantage they get from being allowed to start in the 1st Division as a stick to beat with them in the future and would rather take the two years of punishment than Celtic harping on about it for decades.

Someone representing the Rangers Fans Club or whatever said that the majority of the fans would actually like to see Rangers start from the 3rd Division and give a boost to the lower leagues.

They're also probably conscious of their rivals using any perceived unfair advantage they get from being allowed to start in the 1st Division as a stick to beat with them in the future and would rather take the two years of punishment than Celtic harping on about it for decades.

Which roughly translates as they're nipping up at the thought of going into division one and being relegated.

Guest Phil K
What if people in the lower divisions have no interest in 17th century politics though?

Better to sing songs supporting terrorists of present day, you're saying ?

SFL clubs will decide whether to accept the Rangers newco into the league at a meeting on Friday 13th July, it has been announced.

Not the best omen for Rangers.

Guest Phil K

Personally couldn't care less about Rangers. I would be delighted if the same thing happened to Celtic.

It would be better for Scottish football if the bigot brothers were no longer in their league.

Shouldn't the Thread title be changed.  Rangers as a football club doesn't exist now.

It's still correct, as in the link above

Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors and will eventually be liquidated

Heard on the radio today that there is a chance they could set up a second Premier League. Surely not?

Yep for last couple of weeksDoncaster has been using the threat of a SPL 2 as a stick to beat the smaller SFL clubs into voting the way he wants Rangers Newco into Div 1 rather than Div 3

Guest Phil K

Apart from his rant for the independant judiciary panel to be publicly named (when his club already knew the names), which led to death threats, oh aye, he's been impecable :rolleyes:

Aw for God's sake. That ALWAYS happens. Theres death threats all the bloody time. Theres been death threats for the Arsenal board because Persil Van isn't going to sign a new contract.

You're not saying there wasn't more than a hint of spite the way Rangers have been treated ?

TBH they deserve it all, but the spite shown by all and sundry is quite simply pettiness gone into orbit.

And we're not just talking about raving bulging eyed bigotted Celtic fans like George Galloway and Brian McNally either.

Personally I p*ss*d myself laughing at them until I noted how many were actually taking it to extremes.

I'd have been far happier if BOTH they and Celtic had fallen from grace at the same time. No-one is going to convince me Celtic are squeaky clean in the same area. Just far better at hiding it.

Heard on the radio today that there is a chance they could set up a second Premier League. Surely not?

It'd be interesting, but who'd join ?

They gonna be playing their reserves 36 times a season ?

I'd have been far happier if BOTH they and Celtic had fallen from grace at the same time. No-one is going to convince me Celtic are squeaky clean in the same area. Just far better at hiding it.

And you're basing this on what exactly? Are you accusing the management of another football club of corruption, based on nothing other than your own prejudice? And your opinion of that clubs fans?