Rangers Newco

Decky

America has the World Series for Baseball which I believe (although I may be wrong) only contains teams from the USA and one from Canada.

Haven't we had this same conversation dozens of times?

Yes.

That was for sponsorship reasons though.

It really annoys me talk like that, why should they jump straight into the championship?

If they were to come to the English leagues (and I still wouldn't want them to), they should start right at the very bottom.

Sure, just like any other team. Is the problem that Celtic/Rangers are Scottish?

What about Swansea and Cardiff, they are Welsh.

I agree they should f*** off as well O0

It just seems a bit daft calling it the English Premier League when teams from Wales are playing in it. Don't get me wrong I like the Welsh teams.

It's not called the English Premier League. It's called the Premier League.

It really annoys me talk like that, why should they jump straight into the championship?

If they were to come to the English leagues (and I still wouldn't want them to), they should start right at the very bottom.

Sure, just like any other team. Is the problem that Celtic/Rangers are Scottish?

It just seems a bit daft calling it the English Premier League when teams from Wales are playing in it. Don't get me wrong I like the Welsh teams.

It's a bit daft calling it the English Premier League when the majority of its players aren't English.

Is it even called the English Premier League? Pretty sure they dropped English from it a few years ago.

Technically it's the "Barclay's" Premier League, but yeah. Colloquially, "English" PL...

Guest Brendan_Rice

How did Cardif and Swansea get in anyway? Did they have to start in lowest league and work up?

Technically it's the "Barclay's" Premier League, but yeah. Colloquially, "English" PL...

Only non-English people call it the "English" Premier League.

Only non-English people call it the "English" Premier League.

Which is probably the majority of people who follow the league...

My point is, the Premier League is the "English" league as the Bundesliga is the German league as La Liga is the Spanish league. The difference being the latter two are majority German and Spanish players, respectively.

Anyhow, this is all fairly moot I suppose.

The idea of a Scottish club moving in to the English league system is ridiculous when their independence could be just around the corner. Scotland has to say no before the question of the old firm joining the English league system is raised again imo.

For anyone interested Swansea and Cardiff were in the league since it started apparently:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110423041442AAhuWM8

Nah, 1920, after WW1, when the league system was extended to 4 rather than 2 divisions. And will the cheats have their titles and cups and medals confiscated for all the cheating stuff? It would be only fair after all, seems they've been cheating for years and years. Not surprised tbh, always thought they were arrogant gits as a neutral. Had some good players like, but then they could always find the money for them somehow. :lol:

Fuck fucking Rangers, hope they disappear down the plughole now I think about it. They've been screwing the taxpayer, i.e. me and you, well me anyway, for all those years. They're on my shitlist now along with bastard Vodafone and the rest. Scots cunts. :rant: OK, bedtime :lol:

Well, no. The Premier League is the Premier League, the Bundesliga is the Bundesliga and La Liga is La Liga. You don't call them the German Budesliga and the Spanish La Liga, do you?

I don't personally, no. But they are associated with those respective countries and feature those countries' players primarily.

Well, no. The Premier League is the Premier League, the Bundesliga is the Bundesliga and La Liga is La Liga. You don't call them the German Budesliga and the Spanish La Liga, do you?

I don't personally, no. But they are associated with those respective countries and feature those countries' players primarily.

The term "English" Premier League is necessary given the multitude of Premier Leagues in other countries. (ie Scotland)

Same would go for the Bundesliga to avoid confusion with the Austrian one.

The term "English" Premier League is necessary given the multitude of Premier Leagues in other countries. (ie Scotland)

I can just see the intro on Malaysian TV. "Don't miss Liverpool v Manchester United, live from the Premier Le- sorry, English Premier League just in case you get mixed up".

I can just see the intro on Malaysian TV. "Don't miss Liverpool v Manchester United, live from the Premier Le- sorry, English Premier League just in case you get mixed up".

Well yeah, it's actually always referred to specifically as the "English Premier League" here

:lol: Americans.

It's pretty simple mate, the 'English' refers to the location in which it is played, England. Not to the nationality of the players. The fans are English, the stadiums are English, the history is English. Fucking simple stuff.