Hoof ball

madras

, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

For us, or in general?

Reina is brilliant with the ball. De Gea is decent too.

Yeah for us in general, but even so there aren't man examples.

I don't think many keepers are that good in that sense but it has always seemed to be highlighted as an issue for us.

, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

For us, or in general?

Reina is brilliant with the ball. De Gea is decent too.

schmeicel was fantastic and pompeys keeper (i've no idea who it was) when they done us up here the season we went down.

It takes time & familiarity to create well crafted football anyway.

If you run through our side, barely any of the attacking players have played together before this season. Even the fullbacks are new to our wingers. Cabaye new to everyone. The fowards the same.

And thats just to eachother, let alone some being new to the entire league. Yet people expect beautiful flowing moves?

The expectations are over the top.

Why does it have to be the "overriding tactic" to be a problem? We play far too much long ball stuff in general, that's not even a matter for debate from what I can see on the field. Guess I've just jumped on the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

I notice you stopped at Liverpool, the two games before that, Bolton and West Brom were horrendously direct, I was absolutely tearing my hair out.

If we were just hitting the ball up front and making me fight for it, I would not be happy. But here we have players like Cheik Tiote and Yohan Cabaye, who pass it and pass it. That is important.

Guess he wasn't happy much during the Wolves match then.

Why does it have to be the "overriding tactic" to be a problem? We play far too much long ball stuff in general, that's not even a matter for debate from what I can see on the field. Guess I've just jumped on the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

I notice you stopped at Liverpool, the two games before that, Bolton and West Brom were horrendously direct, I was absolutely tearing my hair out.

i used christmas as a cut off point. i did say i'll go back further.

If we were just hitting the ball up front and making me fight for it, I would not be happy. But here we have players like Cheik Tiote and Yohan Cabaye, who pass it and pass it. That is important.

Guess he wasn't happy much during the Wolves match then.

check my op re wolves game.

Guest neesy111

Agree with Madras 100%, there is always some 'buzz word' when it comes to us tbh. This is why some players will leave us and miraculously come good (Parker, Milner etc..) despite being 'fucking awful' when they are here.

Players/Managers/Playing styles will pick up these 'buzz words' and be branded as such until they leave. Even when they leave some will never accept they might actually be decent.

It's the same with foreign players who have some sort of romanticism about them despite not getting much of a chance which is the clubs/managers fault (Viana, Luque, Xisco etc..).

Oh and while I am on this box, keepers not being able to kick has been a bug bear for as long as I can remember, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

I think you'll find most newcastle fans think Milner is still very average and happy we sold him still and Parker is vastly overrated by the media.

Do I expect "free flowing football", "beautiful passing moves", "Barcelona of the North" or any of the other ridiculous phrases that people like to come with to argue against an argument nobody made? No.

Do I expect to have more than 50% of the ball against Wolves at home when 2-0 up? Yes.

Keep making up tedious "buzz words", as Jon would no doubt put it, to justify some really dire stuff of late. Our ball retention is the worst post of our game, it is horrendous.

Guest palnese

Can't wait to see Milner and Parker playing in the same midfield in the EURO's. Will be hilarious.

Agree with Madras 100%, there is always some 'buzz word' when it comes to us tbh. This is why some players will leave us and miraculously come good (Parker, Milner etc..) despite being 'fucking awful' when they are here.

Players/Managers/Playing styles will pick up these 'buzz words' and be branded as such until they leave. Even when they leave some will never accept they might actually be decent.

It's the same with foreign players who have some sort of romanticism about them despite not getting much of a chance which is the clubs/managers fault (Viana, Luque, Xisco etc..).

Oh and while I am on this box, keepers not being able to kick has been a bug bear for as long as I can remember, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

I think you'll find most newcastle fans think Milner is still very average and happy we sold him still and Parker is vastly overrated by the media.

Which proves my point :dontknow:

Milner is playing a significant role for a team that will probably win the league this season.

Parker is playing for a side that will finish 3rd and is the national sides captain.

Neither were good enough for us and would have had their taxi fares paid to get them out of Newcastle.

Do I expect "free flowing football", "beautiful passing moves", "Barcelona of the North" or any of the other ridiculous phrases that people like to come with to argue against an argument nobody made? No.

Do I expect to have more than 50% of the ball against Wolves at home when 2-0 up? Yes.

Keep making up tedious "buzz words", as Jon would no doubt put it, to justify some really dire stuff of late. Our ball retention is the worst post of our game, it is horrendous.

go through the list i gave in the OP, which games do you disagree with ?

Guest neesy111

Results over the last 2 months have masked performances, hence why some still think we are playing fine because of results alone ignoring the performances in those results.

Totally agree with Wullie. 

Guest neesy111

Parker won Fans Player of the Season here Jon so that's just bollocks isn't it?

1st season, 2nd season people were happy to get rid.

Results over the last 2 months have masked performances, hence why some still think we are playing fine because of results alone ignoring the performances in those results.

i'm not saying we are playing fine, i'm saying we are disjointed as opposed to playing hoofball.

Guest neesy111

Milner is playing a significant role for a team that will probably win the league this season.

Parker is playing for a side that will finish 3rd and is the national sides captain.

Neither were good enough for us and would have had their taxi fares paid to get them out of Newcastle.

Just because Parker is playing for a team in 3rd means fuck all.  He captained West Ham to a relegation, it's not like Spurs have suddenly got better since he joined them.  They've finished 3rd and 5th in the previous 2 season.

They are ridiculous as per my last post.

But yeah we will continue with this stuff no matter what, obviously I can't refer to our position so far this season because the negative amongst us have already started with the 'oh yeah, you have already said we are 6th and x amount of points ahead of Liverpool/behind Arsenal/Chelsea' because it means fuck all in the grand 'lets be negative about everything' scheme of things.

:thup:

Just because Parker is playing for a team in 3rd means fuck all.  He captained West Ham to a relegation, it's not like Spurs have suddenly got better since he joined them.  They've finished 3rd and 5th in the previous 2 season.

Ask a spurs fan what they think of him, in fact ask an Arsenal fan what they think of him and why Wenger didn't sign him.

Guest neesy111

i'm not saying we are playing fine, i'm saying we are disjointed as opposed to playing hoofball.

So what is being done about it, we can't keep being disjointed for the rest of the season or results will catch-up to us.