Hoof ball

madras

The players always say Pardew is extremely meticulous in his preparation - sometimes you wonder if he ends up overloading the players with information, which results in the random hoofball we get.

Maybe HBA should start saying that sort of thing, might get in the team now and again.

Point is that you can't read too much into the comments of players desperate to impress their manager and get in the side.  There are also whispers that Pardew spends a disproportionate amount of time on the defence and preparing for the threat of the opposition, therefore neglecting the attack, so who knows what's happening?

The players always say Pardew is extremely meticulous in his preparation - sometimes I wonder if he ends up overloading the players with information, which results in the random hoofball we get.

i wonder if he is more concerned about what they can do to us than what we can do to them,but back to hoof ball,have we actually done it as much as many think ?i refer you all to the OP

Agree with Madras 100%, there is always some 'buzz word' when it comes to us tbh. This is why some players will leave us and miraculously come good (Parker, Milner etc..) despite being 'f***ing awful' when they are here.

Players/Managers/Playing styles will pick up these 'buzz words' and be branded as such until they leave. Even when they leave some will never accept they might actually be decent.

It's the same with foreign players who have some sort of romanticism about them despite not getting much of a chance which is the clubs/managers fault (Viana, Luque, Xisco etc..).

Oh and while I am on this box, keepers not being able to kick has been a bug bear for as long as I can remember, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

I think you'll find most newcastle fans think Milner is still very average and happy we sold him still and Parker is vastly overrated by the media.

Which proves my point :dontknow:

Milner is playing a significant role for a team that will probably win the league this season.

Parker is playing for a side that will finish 3rd and is the national sides captain.

Neither were good enough for us and would have had their taxi fares paid to get them out of Newcastle.

Just because Parker is playing for a team in 3rd means f*** all.  He captained West Ham to a relegation, it's not like Spurs have suddenly got better since he joined them.  They've finished 3rd and 5th in the previous 2 season.

If you don't think Parker is very good, then you definitely have problems judging the ability of footballers.

If you think Parker is very good, then I'd say your an idiot.

What is amazing is that you probably believe what you are saying.

What is amazing is the amount of tosh you post.

Like claiming Parker is a very good footballer?  That is tosh?  I think you might be in the minority there.

Just because he has a good workrate doesn't make him a good footballer, after your comments in the HBA thread you seem to rate workrate ahead of actual football ability.

Not quite what I have said.  I have said that I can understand why Pardew might have concerns about HBA's workrate and how this might have a negative effect on the team.  As I have pointed out, I would pick Ben Arfa.

My additional point was that it is possible to have a player who is gifted and works hard, such as Beardsley.  I would like to see and hope that HBA is encouraged to work hard.  In some matches he has worked hard, and in other games his workrate has not been good enough.  Workrate and flair are not mutually exclusive and both are attributes to be considered.

And finally - no, Parker's workrate alone does not make him a good footballer.  If you genuinely think that all Parker has is workrate, I genuinely despair.

Interesting definition of optimism. I've said that if we improve our ball retention and create more chances then we can qualify for the Champions League. The "optimists" are the ones delighted with 6th and who don't seem to think we can improve on it.

Fair enough if that's your opinion but how is that optimism? Strikes me as quite defeatist actually. ???

The players always say Pardew is extremely meticulous in his preparation - sometimes I wonder if he ends up overloading the players with information, which results in the random hoofball we get.

i wonder if he is more concerned about what they can do to us than what we can do to them,but back to hoof ball,have we actually done it as much as many think ?i refer you all to the OP

How much is that?

Guest neesy111

So if we are a long-ball team, how do we sort it out?

The solution is simple. PARDEW OUT

Are your a idiot or something?

:lol:

How much is that?

loads apparently, going from this place

Interesting definition of optimism. I've said that if we improve our ball retention and create more chances then we can qualify for the Champions League. The "optimists" are the ones delighted with 6th and who don't seem to think we can improve on it.

Fair enough if that's your opinion but how is that optimism? Strikes me as quite defeatist actually. ???

You're so negative and deluded man.

Guest neesy111

Agree with Madras 100%, there is always some 'buzz word' when it comes to us tbh. This is why some players will leave us and miraculously come good (Parker, Milner etc..) despite being 'f***ing awful' when they are here.

Players/Managers/Playing styles will pick up these 'buzz words' and be branded as such until they leave. Even when they leave some will never accept they might actually be decent.

It's the same with foreign players who have some sort of romanticism about them despite not getting much of a chance which is the clubs/managers fault (Viana, Luque, Xisco etc..).

Oh and while I am on this box, keepers not being able to kick has been a bug bear for as long as I can remember, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

I think you'll find most newcastle fans think Milner is still very average and happy we sold him still and Parker is vastly overrated by the media.

Which proves my point :dontknow:

Milner is playing a significant role for a team that will probably win the league this season.

Parker is playing for a side that will finish 3rd and is the national sides captain.

Neither were good enough for us and would have had their taxi fares paid to get them out of Newcastle.

Just because Parker is playing for a team in 3rd means f*** all.  He captained West Ham to a relegation, it's not like Spurs have suddenly got better since he joined them.  They've finished 3rd and 5th in the previous 2 season.

If you don't think Parker is very good, then you definitely have problems judging the ability of footballers.

If you think Parker is very good, then I'd say your an idiot.

What is amazing is that you probably believe what you are saying.

What is amazing is the amount of tosh you post.

Like claiming Parker is a very good footballer?  That is tosh?  I think you might be in the minority there.

Just because he has a good workrate doesn't make him a good footballer, after your comments in the HBA thread you seem to rate workrate ahead of actual football ability.

Not quite what I have said.  I have said that I can understand why Pardew might have concerns about HBA's workrate and how this might have a negative effect on the team.  As I have pointed out, I would pick Ben Arfa.

My additional point was that it is possible to have a player who is gifted and works hard, such as Beardsley.  I would like to see and hope that HBA is encouraged to work hard.  In some matches he has worked hard, and in other games his workrate has not been good enough.  Workrate and flair are not mutually exclusive and both are attributes to be considered.

And finally - no, Parker's workrate alone does not make him a good footballer.  If you genuinely think that all Parker has is workrate, I genuinely despair.

Well I do and I know quite a few that do as well.

Guest neesy111

One thing we clearly need is a settled side if we want to get back to the football we played earlier on in the season.  3 different wingers in last 7 games is ridiculous.

People have not been negative but more realistic and not getting carried away with our season.

Who has got carried away? Those who think 6th and well within reach of Arsenal and Chelsea (which we are) is better than expected?

Has anyone gone mad and suggested we could win the league or something?

Guest neesy111

People have not been negative but more realistic and not getting carried away with our season.

Who has got carried away? Those who think 6th and well within reach of Arsenal and Chelsea (which we are) is better than expected?

Has anyone gone mad and suggested we could win the league or something?

Heza :lol:

for crying out bastard loud man, check my original post, all I'm saying was we haven't been playing hoof ball as much as many are making out.

take time out and think of those games before posting shite please.

When we started to realise that the side was doing quite well (winning games/keeping it tight) I think only naturally it started to raise expectations.

It's only natural at that juncture to start to look more closely at the tatics and as the team gelled (some players were revelations) we were expecting the football to improve. It's just human nature that we wanted to see better football to go along with the wins. When we started to identify the more direct approach and little player movement/freedom on the pitch and the inflexible tactics, still for a while winning was enough. But then we started losing a few games and playing badly in others we had expected to win. There in lies the catch. If we didn't have some really good players that other PL clubs clearly now covet ( and I'm sure we'll lose a couple in the summer), the methodical and practical football would probably be overlooked.

But the facts are that we now realise have the core of a pretty good side and in part due to Pardews abilites (he worked wonders with both Taylor's) and the world class finishing of Ba we ALL probably want to see more from the side. Cabaye moving futher up the pitch, HBA getting a few games in a row, Krul rolling the ball out, a bit more posession football and so on....

That's where we have been mentally as suppoerters for a couple of months now, but it is partly due to Pardew that we are here and he has to live iwth that and learn form his mistakes and show us he can futher develop the side and the football. If he doesn't then there will be problems cause sometime the wins will dissapear and all his pr stuff about 'front foot football' will sound hollow.

for crying out bastard loud man, check my original post, all I'm saying was we haven't been playing hoof ball as much as many are making out.

take time out and think of those games before posting shite please.

What about bad football?  I think we sometimes try to play the ball around but the passing's sloppy and the movement's non-existent so we revert to hoofing it instead.  I think the point stands in this case that there's not enough effective work done on the training ground to give us an incisive passing game.  Or if there is sufficient focus on this it's not working.  It's all generally ineffective barring the odd lucky bounce or piece of clinical finishing.

Guest neesy111

What kind of football is realistic with the current set of players we have currently really should be what we are aiming for ???

Guest hatem garrincha

i'm not saying we are playing fine, i'm saying we are disjointed as opposed to playing hoofball.

The "disjointed" stuff, with no solutions, no movements, naturally bring the hoofball

When we started to realise that the side was doing quite well (winning games/keeping it tight) I think only naturally it started to raise expectations.

It's only natural at that juncture to start to look more closely at the tatics and as the team gelled (some players were revelations) we were expecting the football to improve. It's just human nature that we wanted to see better football to go along with the wins. When we started to identify the more direct approach and little player movement/freedom on the pitch and the inflexible tactics, still for a while winning was enough. But then we started losing a few games and playing badly in others we had expected to win. There in lies the catch. If we didn't have some really good players that other PL clubs clearly now covet ( and I'm sure we'll lose a couple in the summer), the methodical and practical football would probably be overlooked.

But the facts are that we now realise have the core of a pretty good side and in part due to Pardews abilites (he worked wonders with both Taylor's) and the world class finishing of Ba we ALL probably want to see more from the side. Cabaye moving futher up the pitch, HBA getting a few games in a row, Krul rolling the ball out, a bit more posession football and so on....

That's where we have been mentally as suppoerters for a couple of months now, but it is partly due to Pardew that we are here and he has to live iwth that and learn form his mistakes and show us he can futher develop the side and the football. If he doesn't then there will be problems cause sometime the wins will dissapear and all his pr stuff about 'front foot football' will sound hollow.

Very good post.

i'm not saying we are playing fine, i'm saying we are disjointed as opposed to playing hoofball.

The "disjointed" stuff, with no solutions, no movements, naturally bring the hoofball

no, QPR at home, Villa at home, wasn't hoof ball, we went long and short, it was disjoonted,misfiring or whatever, it wasn't hoof ball.