Hoof ball

madras

Do I expect "free flowing football", "beautiful passing moves", "Barcelona of the North" or any of the other ridiculous phrases that people like to come with to argue against an argument nobody made? No.

Do I expect to have more than 50% of the ball against Wolves at home when 2-0 up? Yes.

Keep making up tedious "buzz words", as Jon would no doubt put it, to justify some really dire stuff of late. Our ball retention is the worst post of our game, it is horrendous.

They are ridiculous as per my last post.

But yeah we will continue with this stuff no matter what, obviously I can't refer to our position so far this season because the negative amongst us have already started with the 'oh yeah, you have already said we are 6th and x amount of points ahead of Liverpool/behind Arsenal/Chelsea' because it means f*** all in the grand 'lets be negative about everything' scheme of things.

:thup:

Who has been negative about everything?

Parker won Fans Player of the Season here Jon so that's just bollocks isn't it?

How was Martins rated after his first season? and then when he left?

So no that's not just bollocks is it Matthew?

Agree with Madras 100%, there is always some 'buzz word' when it comes to us tbh. This is why some players will leave us and miraculously come good (Parker, Milner etc..) despite being 'f***ing awful' when they are here.

Players/Managers/Playing styles will pick up these 'buzz words' and be branded as such until they leave. Even when they leave some will never accept they might actually be decent.

It's the same with foreign players who have some sort of romanticism about them despite not getting much of a chance which is the clubs/managers fault (Viana, Luque, Xisco etc..).

Oh and while I am on this box, keepers not being able to kick has been a bug bear for as long as I can remember, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

I think you'll find most newcastle fans think Milner is still very average and happy we sold him still and Parker is vastly overrated by the media.

Which proves my point :dontknow:

Milner is playing a significant role for a team that will probably win the league this season.

Parker is playing for a side that will finish 3rd and is the national sides captain.

Neither were good enough for us and would have had their taxi fares paid to get them out of Newcastle.

Just because Parker is playing for a team in 3rd means f*** all.  He captained West Ham to a relegation, it's not like Spurs have suddenly got better since he joined them.  They've finished 3rd and 5th in the previous 2 season.

If you don't think Parker is very good, then you definitely have problems judging the ability of footballers.

Do I expect "free flowing football", "beautiful passing moves", "Barcelona of the North" or any of the other ridiculous phrases that people like to come with to argue against an argument nobody made? No.

Do I expect to have more than 50% of the ball against Wolves at home when 2-0 up? Yes.

Keep making up tedious "buzz words", as Jon would no doubt put it, to justify some really dire stuff of late. Our ball retention is the worst post of our game, it is horrendous.

They are ridiculous as per my last post.

But yeah we will continue with this stuff no matter what, obviously I can't refer to our position so far this season because the negative amongst us have already started with the 'oh yeah, you have already said we are 6th and x amount of points ahead of Liverpool/behind Arsenal/Chelsea' because it means f*** all in the grand 'lets be negative about everything' scheme of things.

:thup:

Who has been negative about everything?

Quite a few, seen many constantly negative contributions. You are one actually, that said I have been very surprised by your positive comments about the derby, probably the only positive comments I have seen from you in a long time.

At the end of the day, I don't know why people come on here to discuss football if all they can say is "we're sixth". Just set that as your signature and post a blank space.

There's always room for improvement, no matter what team you are. Why people get in such a tizz about people discussing tactics I don't know.

Where are those Tim Krul stats from the other day? Another statistical lie to support the bandwagon. Pfft.

Before the last round of matches he had the 3rd lowest pass completion percentage of all goalkeepers in the league, at 41%. I can't imagine the Wolves game helped those figures much. Unless he misplaces about six out of every ten 'normal' passes he tries - in which case I'd question how he is a professional footballer tbh - there's only one reason for this.

Quite a few, seen many constantly negative contributions. You are one actually, that said I have been very surprised by your positive comments about the derby, probably the only positive comments I have seen from you in a long time.

I've been negative about everything.  :lol:

I've been negative about everything.  :lol:

Yes :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

Agree with Madras 100%, there is always some 'buzz word' when it comes to us tbh. This is why some players will leave us and miraculously come good (Parker, Milner etc..) despite being 'f***ing awful' when they are here.

Players/Managers/Playing styles will pick up these 'buzz words' and be branded as such until they leave. Even when they leave some will never accept they might actually be decent.

It's the same with foreign players who have some sort of romanticism about them despite not getting much of a chance which is the clubs/managers fault (Viana, Luque, Xisco etc..).

Oh and while I am on this box, keepers not being able to kick has been a bug bear for as long as I can remember, I can't actually remember a keeper who has been good in distributing the ball :dontknow:

I think you'll find most newcastle fans think Milner is still very average and happy we sold him still and Parker is vastly overrated by the media.

Milner is playing a significant role for a team that will probably win the league this season.

Parker is playing for a side that will finish 3rd and is the national sides captain.

Neither were good enough for us and would have had their taxi fares paid to get them out of Newcastle.

Just because Parker is playing for a team in 3rd means f*** all.  He captained West Ham to a relegation, it's not like Spurs have suddenly got better since he joined them.  They've finished 3rd and 5th in the previous 2 season.

If you don't think Parker is very good, then you definitely have problems judging the ability of footballers.

If you think Parker is very good, then I'd say your an idiot.

What is amazing is that you probably believe what you are saying.

At the end of the day, I don't know why people come on here to discuss football if all they can say is "we're sixth". Just set that as your signature and post a blank space.

There's always room for improvement, no matter what team you are. Why people get in such a tizz about people discussing tactics I don't know.

On the other side why should people come here if all they can contribute is 'well yes we are doing far better than expected but we are doing better than expected in a really shit manner' ???

This can be labled as just always wanting to do better but some see it as over the top negativity.

Guest neesy111

What is amazing is the amount of tosh you post.

Like claiming Parker is a very good footballer?  That is tosh?  I think you might be in the minority there.

Guest neesy111

Like claiming Parker is a very good footballer?  That is tosh?  I think you might be in the minority there.

Just because he has a good workrate doesn't make him a good footballer, after your comments in the HBA thread you seem to rate workrate ahead of actual football ability.

Yes :dontknow:

That's horse shit like.

Apologies, you are always fair and never, ever negative. In fact I think you are already in the running for most optimistic poster 2012, you will make the short list at the very least :lol:

Apologies, you are always fair and never, ever negative. In fact I think you are already in the running for most optimistic poster 2012, you will make the short list at the very least :lol:

I didn't say that I was never negative, I asked you "Who has been negative about everything?" and you said that I had and that's bollocks.