Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

reckon pardew will have learnt a lesson from that game?

we can only hope.

No a draw saves him face in what was "always going to be a hard game". He has either learned absolutely nothing from the past few games where we have played just as bad or he is ignoring it and hoping his tactics will finally work. Either way don't expect much to change next game. Ben Arfa will play, tactics will remain the same. Central Midfield sat constantly deep posing no attacking threat through the middle and hoofball to the two upfront who will be dealt with by the opposition defence.

Guest Phil K

Wonder if that king size tosser Stubbs is going to do another campaign to get a Newcastle player banned, like he did with Cabaye ?

He already been doing similar with Tiote's playacting, despite it being a blatant red. I mean, Stubbs totally ignored the fact Cabaye had been klicked from pillar to post, and ignored a blatant pen appeal too

Thank f*ck for Shola, we deserved to win that but atleast we didnt lose.......

Ref is a c*nt no way in hell that was a penalty, we actually played well in second half when we need to instead of the stupid of this f*ckin hoofball shit.

Oh if Ben Arfa is benched next week iam going to go insane, anyone with a brain cell should be able to see he makes us infinitely more dangerous.

reckon pardew will have learnt a lesson from that game?

we can only hope.

No a draw saves him face in what was "always going to be a hard game". He has either learned absolutely nothing from the past few games where we have played just as bad or he is ignoring it and hoping his tactics will finally work. Either way don't expect much to change next game. Ben Arfa will play, tactics will remain the same. Central Midfield sat constantly deep posing no attacking threat through the middle and hoofball to the two upfront who will be dealt with by the opposition defence.

Cabaye has to play more advanced, surely?

echo the question of why shola didn't take the penalty--do we have some sort of policy where the pen earner doesn't take it?  and i knew in my gut ba would miss! like everyone else i guess...  shameful first half by us.

Pardew deserves criticism for starting like that, but also credit for changing it (even though we all would've done it). I'll be happy enough for the rest of the day, and encouraged going forward, assuming Pardew will finally, finally adjust. And well done Shola Ameobi OBE.

echo the question of why shola didn't take the penalty--do we have some sort of policy where the pen earner doesn't take it?  and i knew in my gut ba would miss! like everyone else i guess...  shameful first half by us.

Agree. Straight away I said "Please, let it take Shola...". Knew he'd miss.

Ba this season has been our default taker, Shola though somehow just knows how to score them.

Not sure why it's so imperative that Ryan Taylor be on the pitch all the time.  On merit, he should be dropped.  No pace, no creativity, just an occasional set piece which Cabaye and/or HBA could also provide.  If Pardew's serious about dropping players who don't perform, that should be it for him.  Ben Arfa was fantastic from the very start and needs to get 90 minutes. 

And if you're going to play Cabaye and Tiote together, it's Tiote who needs to be dropping deep and protecting the back 4, not Cabaye.

Ben Arfa lost the ball a few times and hit a few wasteful passes but definitely keeping the ball better and knew when to pass it and when to take his man on today. But Ameobi was the game changer, salvaged the game for us apart from his goal and winning the penatly he was actually giving us something to aim for when we went long ball everytime, first half it was bread and butter for Turner. But 2nd half Ameobi was winning the first ball and it heaped the pressure on Sunderland. One thing is for sure if we are going to play Ba and Cisse on a regular basis then we will need to start playing some carpet football.

Oh good, so we all felt that way then? Because I definitely did. :lol:

Not sure why it's so imperative that Ryan Taylor be on the pitch all the time.  On merit, he should be dropped.  No pace, no creativity, just an occasional set piece which Cabaye and/or HBA could also provide.  If Pardew's serious about dropping players who don't perform, that should be it for him.  Ben Arfa was fantastic from the very start and needs to get 90 minutes. 

And if you're going to play Cabaye and Tiote together, it's Tiote who needs to be dropping deep and protecting the back 4, not Cabaye.

I agree, Cabaye has to more advanced.... we gotta pass the ball better if 2 up top also... use the wings FFS

I think there's more of a problem with what Tiote and Cabaye are being told to do, and with their options out wide, than simply with their ability to play together.

I bet Krul could throw it forty yards to a wide player too, if Pardew told him too.