Chelsea sack Villas Boas

Guest elbee909

Do Chelsea's managers actually get a big say in who they sign?

Mourinho had.

Scolary I think as well. Deco was his signing, at least.

Jose really wanted Shevchenko.

He deserved it. Agree, though, they're dicks for sacking Ancelotti.

Why?

He spent 20 million on David Luiz and 50 mill on Torres.

Aye, righto. I spent £70m on them too.

Yeah but you didn't though.

Neither did he. What he did was win the double in his first season and finish 2nd next time round. If that's worthy of a sacking, sack them all.

Actually you're correct. It was 22 mill for s**** Colo. 72 million quid totals. And although I know Ancelotti wasn't sacked for this...with hindsight as a guide, he deserved to be.

He deserved to be sacked because Chelsea signed Torres? Get back to your booze, bud.

So you know for certain, even though Carlo Ancelotti was the manager of Chelsea Football Club at the time that David Luiz and Fernando Torres signed for them for a combined total of £72 million, that he actually didn't sign them?

Have a word man.

Despicable tosspot of a club.

Why hire someone like him if you're not going to give him time? It's not like they're languishing down the bottom! This player power shit is ruining football. Hope they completely fizzle out and finish 9th or summat.

Why?

Neither did he. What he did was win the double in his first season and finish 2nd next time round. If that's worthy of a sacking, sack them all.

Actually you're correct. It was 22 mill for s**** Colo. 72 million quid totals. And although I know Ancelotti wasn't sacked for this...with hindsight as a guide, he deserved to be.

He deserved to be sacked because Chelsea signed Torres? Get back to your booze, bud.

So you know for certain, even though Carlo Ancelotti was the manager of Chelsea Football Club at the time that David Luiz and Fernando Torres signed for them for a combined total of £72 million, that he actually didn't sign them?

Have a word man.

My memory extends to 2011, yes.

Mourinho had.

Was the beginning of the end iirc.

Mourinho had.

If Ancelotti hadn't wanted either, then he wouldn't have selected them, but he did play them both regularly. You can however see certain signings that some managers don't want...Keane and Benitez, and to a lesser extent AVB/Cahill.

Mourinho had.

Was the beginning of the end iirc.

Yep. RA doesn't seem to have taking this as a lesson either, something JM would deem as essential if he were to return.

Personally I hope he does, great character to have in the league even if he's a dick sometimes, unlike KKK who is a dick all of the time.

Why?

Have a word man.

My memory extends to 2011, yes.

He was manager of Chelsea when they signed but he didn't sign them. Forgive me if I appear to be being a thick cunt here but what am I missing?

£13.3 million plus wages and pay-off well spent.

Clubs like Chelsea are ruining football.

Who knows, without Roman Abramovic, we probably only would have got 15 million for Carroll.

He started to ruin the football. Many people have followed him on that. He was just the start of that all....

Mourinho had.

If Ancelotti hadn't wanted either, then he wouldn't have selected them, but he did play them both regularly. You can however see certain signings that some managers don't want...Keane and Benitez, and to a lesser extent AVB/Cahill.

If Ancelotti wanted Torres for £50m, then he doesn't deserve to watch football nevermind manage a club. That transfer stinks of boardroom trying to go for a glory signing, 100% RA signing imo.

He's been rubbish, man. Their big mistake was getting him in the first place.

Not disagreeing. But if you make this sort of move as the Chelsea hierarchy, you must be doing it knowing that it may not necessarily be overnight success. When you've paid that sort of money to get him out of his contract at Porto, surely you're thinking long-term? Bananas

Mourinho had.

Schevchenko disagrees.

I have my doubts on Ballack too.

Ballack was wanted. Just ask Gallas who suddenly got his Nr. 13 removed....

Mourinho had.

If Ancelotti wanted Torres for £50m, then he doesn't deserve to watch football nevermind manage a club. That transfer stinks of boardroom trying to go for a glory signing, 100% RA signing imo.

You know that for sure, do you?

and once again the egomanaic past it players get they're way. The likes of Drogba and Lampard espicially should be torn to shreds by the media over the way they've acted throughout this but will they? Golden boy Lamps?

Nothings changed for Chelsea, Di Matteo will not make much of an impact and whomever gets the job for next season will face the exact same problem with past it players who ideally would be phased out but since their egos can't handle that they need to be thrown out of that club if Chelsea are to progress at a club

Mourinho had.

Yes.

Mourinho had.

Like I said IMO, no one is stating facts here.

and once again the egomanaic past it players get they're way. The likes of Drogba and Lampard espicially should be torn to shreds by the media over the way they've acted throughout this but will they? Golden boy Lamps?

Eh? What have Drogba and Lampard done wrong, apart from not playing particularly well?

Nothings changed for Chelsea, Di Matteo will not make much of an impact and whomever gets the job for next season will face the exact same problem with past it players who ideally would be phased out but since their egos can't handle that they need to be thrown out of that club if Chelsea are to progress at a club

Nail. On. Head.