Chelsea sack Villas Boas

Guest elbee909

Chelsea have made the wrong decision there, like. Excellent news for us.

Tbh, I think the wrong decision was appointing him. It was all a bit flavour of the month. He'd attracted a lot of attention as a really talented, up and coming manager, but it looks like this appointment was the wrong one for him at this stage in his career. In fact, it would have been tough on anyone.

There's a streak of amateurism about Abramovic's decisions. Guardiola would be another one. His judgement came off spectacularly well with Mourinho and I wonder if that gave Abramovic too much faith in himself.

The fact that he had worked under Mourinho at Chelsea previously, and knew the club, was certainly in his favor. Don't think he was a "flavor of the month" appointment, as he wasn't unknown to Abramovich. I think it was wrong to appoint him and expect instant success. It was the right appointment if they were to give him charge of the entire rebuilding process. It all came down to a personality clash between him and the dressing room. He'll go on to bigger and better things than Chelsea in the future imo.

Too nice a bloke I'd say.

I don't think he lost the entire dressing room by the way, just the established players who were losing their status.

Guest hobshobs

Ridiculous decision, but happy they have because I hate Chelsea.

Just give the job to Terry with Lampard as assistant. Then they can run things just like Nolan, Smith and Harper(remember him) used to do here.

The way Ranieri's going he could be the new Inter manager.

Quite possibly the only top managing job in Europe that's more of a poisoned chalice than Chelsea's is the Inter job.

Would be quite a story. From one Mourinho club to the next.

Wonder how long Guardialoa would last there. Him talking to the players while Terry, Lampard and Cole receive SMS from Mourinho. :lol:

He would do like when he took over us, sell all of them. For good or worse, his track record shows that he has very little patience with players giving him trouble in the dressing room.

But he won't go there this year.

Wonder how long Guardialoa would last there. Him talking to the players while Terry, Lampard and Cole receive SMS from Mourinho. :lol:

He would do like when he took over us, sell all of them. For good or worse, his track record shows that he has very little patience with players giving him trouble in the dressing room.

Didn't know he did that at Barca tbh. Didn't follow Real / Barca at that time at all.

Didn't know he did that at Barca tbh. Didn't follow Real / Barca at that time at all.

He sold Ronaldinho and Deco (and tried to sell Eto'o) as soon as he took over.

Guest neesy111

Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o were told they didn't have a future, though Eto'o managed to get Pep to change his mind for a season.

I think they've made the wrong decision to sack him. He's not had a great season but I'd have given him until this time next year with a remit of completely overhauling the squad. As a lot of people have said Drogba, Essien, Lampard, Cole, Terry and Cech are shadows of the players they were four or so years ago. The only way they're going to go forward is if they clear out that lot as well as the deadwood (Torres, Kalou, Malouda).

Regardless of the above it would be great for the Premier League if Mourinho came back in the summer.

Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o were told they didn't have a future, though Eto'o managed to get Pep to change his mind for a season.

To be frank it was more a case of not having decent offers for him. Turned out well, though.

I feel sorry for the guy, he was put in an impossible situation.

Chelsea have relied on the same players year in year out for the last 6-7 seasons and now they're too old to the golden generation are losing their legs.

Guest Stephen927

AVB tried to do the right things but ultimately player power won over. Chelsea need to think long-term after this season, rather than Abramovich thinking short-term with every appointment in his endless goal to win the Champions League.

As is blindingly obvious, success for Chelsea is not going to be brought about with a change of manager, but a change of players seen through sustainably with some stability. Congratulations Roman on not realising this.