Chelsea sack Villas Boas

Guest elbee909

Roman wants Guardiola who'd be a lunatic to take it

If Guardiola doesn't extend his contract with us (which, fwiw, I think he will), he's 99% taking a year off.

Aye he's had it tough like, working with that shower of shite.

AVB's sacking isn't really a surprise tbh (especially with Abramovich calling the shots above). But in a rebuilding sort of sense, it definitely is the wrong decision to sack him now. After all, the way I saw it, he was in the process of rebuilding the Chelsea team and getting rid of/phasing out the old, declining players (Terry/Lampard) which would have been a benefit for Chelsea's long-term aspirations. Sometimes, you just have to sacrifice short-term success in order to be successful in the long-term. Guess Abramovich didn't see things this way and in the end, in his mind, results haven't been good enough. The players should share some of the blame as well, their hyper-inflated egos have got the better of them and the club.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Think the fact they neglected the youth side of the team for so long and failed to integrate reserve players in to the first team will go on to be their main problem for some years to come.

A few of their ex reserve players are doing alright for their current clubs and could have made decent squad players at least. Example being Fabio Borini scoring a goal every other game since moving to Roma.

Guest Chubby Jason

I don't get why they've gone and appointed Di Mateo until the end of the season when they've got Benitez who is out of work and would probably be willing to take the job straight away.

On the other hand, I was bored of Chelsea when they sacked Ancelotti, now they're just a joke the sooner Abramovic fucks off the better.

Always strikes me as pointless sacking your manager when you're just gonna appoint an even shitter caretaker manager for the rest of the season. Might as well have just stuck with AVB until the end of the season then changed.

Honestly thought Liverpool were waltzing off into the distance with the 'awful running of the club' award 2012 until these jokers upped their game.  Pretty close now, but Liverpool still edging it.

Roman wants Guardiola who'd be a lunatic to take it

If Guardiola doesn't extend his contract with us (which, fwiw, I think he will), he's 99% taking a year off.

Aye he's had it tough like, working with that shower of s****.

Nah, but it is very public that his family wants him to take time off.

Always strikes me as pointless sacking your manager when you're just gonna appoint an even shitter caretaker manager for the rest of the season. Might as well have just stuck with AVB until the end of the season then changed.

Seems to me they'd already decided bringing in a new manager in the off season (Mourinho house hunting anyone?) and that it'd be risky to let AVB get a last chance to turn it around, making it harsh to sack him at the end of the season.

Absolutely. Chelsea are finished as a top team and have been for a while.

Aye, the Chelsea job is a poisoned chalice right now. It will take massive rebuilding to turn around the ship and make them a competitive top side again, and I don't think Abramovic will be able to do it with FFP in place.

Can't believe people are even attempting to debate with Ronaldo about Chelsea. Along with Frank Lampard, Titus Bramble and, er, Ronaldo, it's just one of those subjects he's completely clueless about.

Edit: and Drogba. How could I forget Drogba.

:thup:  :lol: Amazes me people still bother. Shame as it's basically a thread killer.

Chelsea have made the wrong decision there, like. Excellent news for us.

Tbh, I think the wrong decision was appointing him. It was all a bit flavour of the month. He'd attracted a lot of attention as a really talented, up and coming manager, but it looks like this appointment was the wrong one for him at this stage in his career. In fact, it would have been tough on anyone.

There's a streak of amateurism about Abramovic's decisions. Guardiola would be another one. His judgement came off spectacularly well with Mourinho and I wonder if that gave Abramovic too much faith in himself.

Chelsea have made the wrong decision there, like. Excellent news for us.

Tbh, I think the wrong decision was appointing him. It was all a bit flavour of the month. He'd attracted a lot of attention as a really talented, up and coming manager, but it looks like this appointment was the wrong one for him at this stage in his career. In fact, it would have been tough on anyone.

There's a streak of amateurism about Abramovic's decisions. Guardiola would be another one. His judgement came off spectacularly well with Mourinho and I wonder if that gave Abramovic too much faith in himself.

The fact that he had worked under Mourinho at Chelsea previously, and knew the club, was certainly in his favor. Don't think he was a "flavor of the month" appointment, as he wasn't unknown to Abramovich. I think it was wrong to appoint him and expect instant success. It was the right appointment if they were to give him charge of the entire rebuilding process. It all came down to a personality clash between him and the dressing room. He'll go on to bigger and better things than Chelsea in the future imo.