NUFC finances for 2010/11 announced

Dave

It's a shame that Ashley is a t*** with a self-destructive streak because the financial stability, transfer policy and plans for the youth team are something I've dreamed of us having for many years.

Shhh, don't tell the other clubs....

:shifty:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2011/3/4/1299261800920/Liverpool-Training-007.jpg

The question next is....if Ashley and Decker have turned the corner with the clubs finances and the structure of the club, will they be looking for a sale?

It's a tough one.

I would say that at the risk of loosing stability, I would prefer them to stay.

Edit: sorry doesn't answer your question...

I reckon the fact that he is investing in the future and youth, coming to the games, and generally looks happy enough (visually  :lol: )  with the current situation and future prospects....he is here to stay for a number of years!

The question next is....if Ashley and Decker have turned the corner with the clubs finances and the structure of the club, will they be looking for a sale?

It's a tough one.

I reckon the fact that he is investing in the future and youth, coming to the games, and generally looks happy enough (visually  :lol: )  with the current situation and future prospects....he is here to stay for a number of years!

Agreed, as much as they have showed great naivety in the past and are a walking PR nightmare they are doing things right from a purely business/financial way. We do not want to end up with a Venkys, better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

"Return" to profit. I wonder when was the last time.

A trading profit was made in 2004 - although it was then wiped out by a dividend payment to the shareholders.

Who and how much ?

And I am being serious, have a general idea but not the specifics.

It's a tough one.

He's walking into a stadium named after his brand, plastered with adverts for his brand, and thinking about all the earpits and eyeballs drinking in that sweet advertising.  You'd be smiling too. :lol:

A trading profit was made in 2004 - although it was then wiped out by a dividend payment to the shareholders.

Who and how much ?

It was a £4 million profit and a £4 million dividend. The dividend would have been spread amongst all the shareholders in proportion to their shareholding. From memory the Halls and Shepherds had about 70% of the clubs shares at that time.

Who and how much ?

It was a £4 million profit and a £4 million dividend. The dividend would have been spread amongst all the shareholders in proportion to their shareholding. From memory the Halls and Shepherds had about 70% of the clubs shares at that time.

Thanks.

Nice work if you can get it. Taking millions off the club you "support".

Criminal the amount of dividends Hall and Shepherd took out. I heard a brilliant interview with the Arsenal chairman/CEO where he explained that the purpose of a football club is to make profit only so that it can invest money back into the club. That's what we should be aiming for.

It's a tough one.

He's walking into a stadium named after his brand, plastered with adverts for his brand, and thinking about all the earpits and eyeballs drinking in that sweet advertising.  You'd be smiling too. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Very true

Criminal the amount of dividends Hall and Shepherd took out. I heard a brilliant interview with the Arsenal chairman/CEO where he explained that the purpose of a football club is to make profit only so that it can invest money back into the club. That's what we should be aiming for.

And in the end, I don't have a problem with Ashley using the club to boost revenues from his SD brand(s), so long as he keeps the club's profits within it and continues to improve it. Buying a football club is about the prestige and the challenge and not about making money. I shudder to think what would've happened to us had a hedge fund bought us as was rumored back in 05/06.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00705/sport-graphics-2007_705154a.jpg

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Sir John Hall saved this football club from oblivion, but he also made a ridiculous amount as well which went well over what I would call being fair.

Sir John Hall saved this football club from oblivion, but he also made a ridiculous amount as well which went well over what I would call being fair.

Yeah of course, he cared a lot about the club and did some good stuff, but the financial management was terrible, partly because of the greed of various individuals.

This subject always divides opinion and has been debated at length on here. I have never really had any gripe whatsoever with Sir John Hall. He initiated the whole recovery process that put the club back on the map. When he saw it was screwed, he sold out making a lot of money in the process, and imo the club is (now) in a far better state as a result of that. I am less convinced about the contribution made by his son, and I find it hard to see the Shepherd clan as anything other than spongers.

Guest bimpy474

Would be surprised if we got anything tbh.

I have a feeling that all the SD advertising may be an alternative method of payment for Ashley's interest free loans to the club.

Interesting..., but how would he gage the profit/money made, i know you could say SD profits, but despite some boycotting his shops, they do sell stuff cheap and in todays current financial climate, his shops are a goldmine for him, he would have increased sales anyhoo with people trying to find bargains.

Would be surprised if we got anything tbh.

I have a feeling that all the SD advertising may be an alternative method of payment for Ashley's interest free loans to the club.

He may see it as that, but it won't be acknowledged legally anywhere.  So we still owe him the full amount, no matter how much free advertising he's had (And how much we've lost from the paying advertisers he turfed out)