Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Can't say Arsenal didn't deserve the three points. Other than that, Van Persie is a cunt and Fergie time apparently exists at the Emirates.

Ben Arfa should play each week even though he was invisible for large parts of the match. Mainly down to hoofball though, as we looked sharp when he was involved on the ground and things moved up the pitch.

We didn't deserve anything from that. We offered no threat for most of the second half. Things improved marginally when Shola came on and we had a striker that could hold the ball up, but overall there was quite a gulf between the sides.

Guest Vinkent

Fair enough we were away at Arsenal but we were so negative and static when in posession. Don't know where the confidence in going forward we had at the start of the season has disappeared to. As much as we really had our backs to the wall at times, I'm disappointed we didn't get a point like.

Don't be f***ing daft, this wasn't Simpsons fault. He cleared the ball off the line twice in the second half and was pretty decent all around. It was obvious from the very first second in the 2nd that Pardew was trying to defend the point and had no interest in at least trying to play some decent football. We f***ing hoofed it all 2nd half and deserved f*** all from this.

f***ing furious right now.

This, certainly not getting on Simpsons back for this game. I can't stand the player but Williamson, Cabaye,  Obertan were way worse. We are sorely lacking pace on the wings.

Guest bondedcrown

You could tell from the beginning of the half that we were going for the draw! I thought arsenal looked vulnerable in defence but i was amazed at how few of our players dont just put the foot in!

Guest BooBoo

Williamson was pretty good in the second half. The amount of headers he got was unreal.

He was done by a top striker for the goal but otherwise he had a very decent game.